INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.95 beta  (Read 15214 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.95 beta
« on: January 10, 2003, 11:33:45 am »

Media Center 9.0.95 beta is available.    

Many things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90095.exe

Changes      

1. Fixed: MP3 plugin could crash during import.
2. Fixed: Property list didn't always save changes.
3. Fixed: "Listening To" still said Media Jukebox.

We're still getting more bugs reported than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.      

Thanks for your help and support.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
Re: Media Jukebox 9.0.95 beta
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 11:37:57 am »

LOL 2 builds in one night, is it still x-mas?

i'll give this a go.

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2003, 11:38:05 am »

keep going I want to see how many build you guys can get out in a day  ;)

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2003, 11:43:39 am »

import appears to work now. But since the last several builds I am having trouble playing some .avi,.asf. And yes I have the final build of windows media player 9.0. I know you guy were having trouble with it earlier but the last few builds before 9.0.90 seemed to have fixed the problem.

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2003, 11:43:55 am »

Better, the import bug has been fixed, and i don't know if there is going to be a new build, so i'll wait till 10pm EST to post bug reports.

Keep up the great work.

EQ

::UPDATE::

Ok I got this error after clicking on a mega skin download link.

Then I noticed this after getting that error. I went to the MC DIR.

http://www.eqtechnet.com/MediaCenter/error1-2.JPG

rar2667

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2003, 12:45:49 pm »

In MJ8 there were 4 check boxes under Advanced when you did Import Media. One had to do with pulling album names from file/folder names.

In MC9, there are only 2 check boxes. Is there another way to make MC9 build albums using the folder names when importing photos?

If not, I'm sure you guys can knock out another build today at your current rate...:)

Thanks

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2003, 12:45:49 pm »

Listening to: 'Make Me Your Baby' from 'The Ultimate History Of Rock N Roll Collection Vol 8 Soul Explosion' by 'Barbara Lewis' on Media Center 9.0

All looks good, but (you knew this was comming), if you select files and go to tools ...clean file properties.. and have the Fix Capilization checked, it trys to change the folder to caps.. was "my music" when you imported,

now says " My Music"  but the folder does not change,
no big deal I am happy with what you have done.  
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2003, 01:06:49 pm »

This build seems spot on guys.  As yet no crashes and I have ripped, changed details, accessed YADB, played files, changed options, used the DSP studio.  Only thing I haven't done yet is import (and it appears thats fixed) and burn.  Nice one!!  Keep up the good work...

Now we can start adding cool features again and messing up a stable build ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2003, 01:10:48 pm »

All my music is encoded APE 3.97.  It seems to play okay, but can't convert any of it to uncompressed WAV,or any other format for that matter.  

Bug in the new APE enc/dec?
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

NoCodeUK

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2003, 01:46:12 pm »

Sorry guys. It appears to be all types of conversion are failing to work.  When clicking start they simply say Failed to convert...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

ZRocker

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2003, 01:50:14 pm »

Bug:
1. CDWriter.ocx cannot create Audio CDs...always fails near/at the end writing the very last audio track.

Update:
After being persistant and attempting a few burns over and over with the same CD-RW media, MC decided it would be an audio CD without erroring...kewl, but 'scary'.

2.  Rename column headings breaks MC's functions that use keywords tied internally to those names (MC gets confused, I guess)...talking about functions like 'Rename From File Properties'.

3. The CD burner stats (%, nn track, ... used, etc) are still wrong...always takes a click away and return to the CD-Rom node to get the right info.

4. Mini-me's Equalizer (any skin) is always displayed as flat (all sliders).

5. After erasing a CD-RW, it takes MC about 15 seconds beyond the finishing of the erase to display "Erase complete."...what's up with that?  BTW - MC did eject the CD-RW immediately and it was at least 15 seconds that MC came back with "Erase complete.".

Update:
Doesn't happen everytime...I just had an erase that display completed immediately after erase completed....weird, using the same CD-RW over and over for these tests too.

6. Same old story, MC burns data CDs with the wrong last modification date (is always the current system date & time).

7. MC CD writer crashes when attempting to burn an audio CD from files located on another PC (networked)...all files to be burned.  All files were not imported into MC either...they were added via MC's My Computer support.

8. Highlighting the Media Library or Playlists node displays garbage in the Content window.

Update:
I deleted the garbage items listed (by selecting them all and doing a Delete) and MC seems to be ok now.  Guess MC decided to import some garbage entries in the last few days/builds.  Possible?

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2003, 02:00:32 pm »

Argh, found a new bug.

The equalizer keeps flatlining.  When you close and reopen MC.

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2003, 02:06:05 pm »

can't connect to media server since 9.0.90  :(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2003, 02:31:41 pm »

Are both sides running the same build?  It's especially important right now.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2003, 02:35:12 pm »

1) ZRocker, those 'bad files' are from the copy-n-paste bug a couple of builds ago.  Just delete them from your library.  And geez... turn on skins :P

2) To set properties of images or music from the folders / filename, use the tool "Fill Properties From Filename." (we removed it from import because it seemed silly to put our tools in the import section -- instead, just import, then use the tool)

3) We'll be switching the converter over to the new stuff next week.  It should work good after that.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2003, 02:36:24 pm »

Are both sides running the same build?  It's especially important right now.

yes, I tried it from work and from home 2 different clients, one server all same build, all running xp

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2003, 02:39:33 pm »

on a happier note before 9.0.90  ripping cd's in any format resulted in horible results tracks were off, one song would bleed onto anothe track. Now it seems to be working well.

ZRocker

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2003, 02:44:14 pm »

1) ZRocker, those 'bad files' are from the copy-n-paste bug a couple of builds ago.  Just delete them from your library.  And geez... turn on skins :P

Thanks Matt...that did fix it (figured it out at the same time you posted this).  Also, I'm not a fan of MEGA-ME skinning (to each his own, right?)...I'm quite happy with plain-jane looking windows...eye-candy just slows everything down (especially on a slower computer).  I know you're just ribbing me...no problem... :)

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2003, 02:59:59 pm »

BLAH, they keep coming and coming, sorry matt.

File Assoc. still hasn't been fixed, i loose all file assco. when MC opens up.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2003, 03:33:21 pm »

For some reason I cannot get the MP3 Encoder Plugin past the 2047 version .. (2051 is current) .. Ive done the download, Ive rebooted .. ive done everything I can think of ..
Is there a problem with the plugin that causes it to mis-report the version number ?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2003, 03:51:28 pm »

For some reason I cannot get the MP3 Encoder Plugin past the 2047 version

just looked, same here
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2003, 04:03:33 pm »

Get Cover Art from internet is horked ... doesnt access the internet at all ...

ZRocker

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2003, 05:56:43 pm »

Bugs:
1. Shell integration is not working at all now...MC doesn't even show up on the right-click menu for Windows Explorer.  In prior Unicode MC builds, at least MC showed up on the right-click menu (but, didn't work)...now there is nothing.  I played with resetting MC option for Shell integration & restarting MC and still it doesn't work (or show up on the right-click menu).

2. MC still is not saving the Continuous play setting and restoring the setting after an MC restart.  Reported earlier (too) that MC is misspelling the word Continuous in the registry entry it is using for saving this value.

3. Guess that on a virgin PC (with no JRiver registry entries), that MC is still broken with saving/restoring it's settings for the 'new' Track Info tooltips and Tree Info tooltips (those entries that end in '2' now that MC was failing to create if they already exist).  Guessing because a change log entry for this bug fix has not been listed.

4. Every 5 seconds, MC makes 4 successive requests to lookup the missing registry key \HKCU\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\PlaybackEngine\DisplayControlBarsMode.  Is that by design?  Seems like a waste of CPU cycles.

board2death

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2003, 06:22:05 pm »

I can finally burn with this build - Thank you!

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2003, 09:04:35 pm »

Just installed 9.0.95 after having awful probs with .91 and trying to then go back a few versions with no luck. However, it's running but an obvious problem that I have'nt seen anyone else post is that I don't have a volume slider showing in the left hand lower pane. The progress bar is ok though.

Also, I don't get a desktop icon and the entry for J Rivers on the program dropdown shows as empty.

Can't post my system info 'cos theres nothing showing in the pop up box for it but I'm on Win98.

Jim

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2003, 09:33:07 pm »

ah so !! The system info has just decided to show itself - (see previous posting)......

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.95 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 26 MB
Resource Info: System - 48 %, GDI - 72 %, User - 48 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

richelesro

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2003, 09:56:24 pm »

Export playlist is still grayed out.
James Bailey

wonmug

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Don't worry, I'm always like this!
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2003, 10:44:07 pm »

Import works, many (most?) other things seem OK, but the Recently Imported playlists still are broken (since ver. 9.0.88).

I also found a way to crash pretty consistently -- when a slide show is playing in the upper pane of Now Playing, and an audio list is playing in the lower pane, trying to resize the lower pane when it is all the way to the top of its window will crash, sometimes with and sometimes without a system message.
From the desk of: wonmug

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2003, 11:17:47 pm »

I found an easter egg.

Windowed Vis display says: Media Jukebox Display  ;D.

just thought you'd like to know

dragyn

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2003, 12:47:20 am »

A bug that's been in every build: When resuming from hibernation, if a song was previously playing, MC doesn't remember what it was doing. Starting another song doesn't do anything. Have to 'stop', then 'play' most of the time. Sometimes the song will play for a bit and then goes to the next track before it's even over.

Same thing with visualizations. If in full screen mode, it stalls out. Other proggies don't seem to have this problem.

Tested on 2 pc's, different sound cards. One sound card is the 24/96 using ASIO in XP. I don't have system info at this time.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2003, 03:01:33 am »

Last night i selected 1600 mp3's to scan for replay gain.

this morning

MC9 AWOL (Missing).

Windows is telling me it increated the paging memory.

when i checked with MC about 800 of the files had been scaned and the replay gain applyed.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2003, 03:40:18 am »

sometimes I Having Problems Typing In The Media Library "Find" Box

if i then exit and then reload MC it works again
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2003, 04:08:29 am »

I did these reports for 9.0.94, but here they are anyway!

Thanks for the updates!

BUGS

• Playback Filter / Smartlists: 9.0.94 A playback filter that is based on a smartlist is not refreshed after each song. An initial set of songs is selected to skip but are never updated. Reproduce: lastplayed=<120.
  • File Properties: 9.0.94 After entering information in a field, you have to press enter or tab to "save" the information. Reproduce: Enter a value into a field, but then click on another field. The value is still visible in the field. Move to a different track and return. The changes made are gone. Repeat, but after text entry, press Enter. Values are saved when focus is lost. This is irritating! -- to be confirmed!
  • Keywords: 9.0.94 Cannot reproduce "Keywords" behaviour on any other field. Why? I want a "Soloists" field for my classical music. Very often they have more than one soloist.
  • Keywords: 9.0.94 Keywords entered as "hello; goodbye" are treated as "hello" and " goodbye". Note the leading space on " goodbye". Can you not trim leading and trailing spaces from the entries?
  • Find: 9.0.94 Occasionally (haven't worked out exactly when yet!) the text entry will freeze for the search bars. It is still possible in these instances to add criteria using the mouse.
  • Visualisation Studio: 9.0.94 When editing text elements in the display, only the initial character of what was there before is present. New text is saved properly, but the same happens again when you try to edit it.
  • Visualisation Studio: 9.0.94 None of the custom fields work in the display. Eg: entering "COMPOSER" causes "COMPOSER" to be displayed.
  • Visualisation Studio: 9.0.94 The "YEAR" keyword does not work as expected. Initially is gave me a slightly corrupted version of the album, but doesn't update.
  • Visualisation Studio: 9.0.94 After creating a customised visualisation, and changing views, any attempt to return to playing now results in a crash with the following info: "AppName: media jukebox.exe AppVer: 9.0.94.0 ModName: vis studio.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000286d". This also happens when pressing play.
  • Visualisation Studio: 9.0.94 It is impossible to change the visualisation if MC is not playing anything. Quite a pain in the neck given the previous point.
  • Top Hits / Recently Played: 9.0.94 Properties for "Top Hits" and "Recently Played" are no longer there (ie: the option to show how many records to show in each instance). Right clicking on these simply gives a context menu with "Favourites >" on it. Has this been done away with because of the Auto Smartlists? :(
  • Auto Album Analyser: 9.0.94 I have two copies of track 2 from the a CD (why, I don't know... I just do). I don't have any other tracks from the CD and yet this CD appears under "Single Artist (complete)".
  • Auto Album Analyser: 9.0.94 Albums that have been split into multiple directories (eg: artists) are not recognised by the album analyser.
  • Auto Album Analyser: 9.0.94 Albums that have many artists, but are split into multiple directories, are listed under "Single Artist (incomplete)".

SAD CHANGES

• Tree View / File Properties: 9.0.94 I miss seeing properties for all files when clicking on a playlist etc. Now I have to click and press two buttons (ctrl-A) to see this. :( Not the end of the world, but still.

REQUESTED FEATURES

• Playlist Properties: This could allow for comments, dates, and other properties to be assigned to playlists.
  • Keywords: Allow a custom delimeter for each field. I have a number of fields that are ready for this, but have been implemented with commas and not semi-colons as required by Keywords.

Thanks!

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2003, 04:24:33 am »

Anyone else have media server sharing problem - clients won't connect?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2003, 04:47:38 am »

looks like the CD labeler is not working.

when i try to load up the CD Labler

I get a "Unrecognized file format" error

Fayetteville, NC, USA

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2003, 05:05:42 am »

looks like the CD labeler is not working.

when i try to load up the CD Labler

I get a "Unrecognized file format" error

confirmed here

ZRocker

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2003, 05:08:03 am »

The title of this thread is bugged...says Media Jukebox (should be Media Center).

dragyn

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2003, 05:12:10 am »

[shadow=black,down,300]Bugs[/shadow][/list]
    • ape/apl files show as incomplete for album type (ape image file).
    • resuming from hibernation stalls mc.

• renaming a database field, ie: duration, all default columns are displayed and column order is reset. duration still shows in column selection menu. column name doesn't show until a refresh.

• clearing media library removes the auto smartlists until restarting mc. it also removes custom made smartlists.
    • playlist (.pls) doesn't show automatically when opening while playlist tree is expanded like "media library'.
    • playlist (.pls) shows imported library icon when opening. "import into library" shows on right-click menu in "playing now".
    • dragging and dropping a playlist in the playlist tree does not update if another tree component is selected (ie: media library). have to first select the playlist, release, then move.
    • exporting playlists with invalid file name characters result in no file being created. ie: RadioStorm: 80s

• font change doesn't automatically update in search window, playlist bar, & file properties.
    • buttons for property bar do not automatically resize when changing font size.
    • fonts for windowed file properties bar doesn't updated until a close/reopen (refresh).
    • large fonts clip in player window, file properties, search wizard, playlist bar, drop target & column headers.
    • view scheme group properties isn't using the same font for "Display Name" as it does for "Search Criteria"
    • file properties has no horizontal scroll bar.
    • windows' colors scheme change doesn't update playlist bar (refresh).
    • control bar does not use the same font as the file property bar.
    • columns (auto resize) doesn't update when changing fonts.
    • columns in statistics are not remembered when switching views.

• view filter could hide files in a limited search (~t, ~s, etc.). one hour of music could only show 10mins.
    • view filter shows nothing when a 'show only' playlist is deleted.
    • search wizard is unable to add a playlist group. playlist="group" works manually.
    • buttons for control & property bars does not use xp style buttons (skins disabled).

• remaining_time counts up for live http streams in visualizations.
    • "name" is not updated in visualizations/track info for live streams when id3 info is available.

• renaming a library name from library manager says library already exists or goes back to previous with inline editing. (inline editing doesn't function in this build)
    • favorites could point to invalid items when using different libraries.

• inline editing multiple files (up/down) doesn't update "file properties" window.
    • "delete file(s) from hard drive doesn't give an error message" for read-only files.
    • "remove tags from files" (mp3) says successful on read-only files.
    • undo doesn't undo deleted files from database.
    • "cancel" while importing doesn't update library until restart of mc (unc library).
    • importing video files freezes mc, no way to cancel.
    • error box doesn't show all files when number of files is bigger than the box (non-scrollable).
    • starting mc with an invalid library, stalls mc. critical error: failed to open the database file 'playlistx.jmd' for saving. (a file could be read-only or corrupt). doesn't exist, path invalid (unc path, unable to recreate directory).

• filename/location sometimes doesn't show sub directories if there are a lot of files in parent directory. using the directory mc stalls on works.
    • adding "auto smartlist (music)" to a playlist view scheme is not showing correct components for smartlists with limited identifiers.

• mc will not create thumbnails when using a unc library path and the thumbnails directory doesn't exist. (full access). creating directory manually works.
    • condensed display mode (toggle list style twice) will sometimes start the first item displayed instead of the one selected (double-click, replace all). right-click play seems to works fine.
    • "locate file, on disk (inside media jukebox)" freezes for unc files. also note the media jukebox reference.

• importing files that a codec cannot be found (avi especially) stops importing process. (untested since 9.0.81, most likely still there).
    • "auto smartlists (music) / top hits - 100 most played" shows files that were never played. (numberplays=>0)

• hairstyle retains focus, unable to use other windows (dual monitors).
    • when importing video files, mc goes in and out of focus. windows becomes active and inactive for each file imported.
    • viewing an image (right-click, show), it always goes to full screen mode even if windowed mode is activated (jump on play set to none).
    • viewing an image (right-click, play), the control bar shows n/a for file names.
    • thumbnails do not show in correct order from the list shown when switching views.
    • full screen is always on top. other full screen programs allow windows to be put on top of it (ie: remote desktop). dual monitor setup.
    • "last exit mode" doesn't activate windowed mode.
    • "system info..." box says cancel when there really is not anything to cancel (close).
    • tooltips for media library, etc do not match "My Computer"
    • icons in "My Computer" are not showing properly.

[shadow=black,down,300]Requests[/shadow]
    • checkbox like system for columns (just like importing).
    • remember separate settings for the control bar, one for each mode (internal, windowed, and full screen).
    • option to always hide control bar.
    • keep tooltips and status bar using windows' colors for non-skinned users.
    • windowed toolbar button.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.95 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
    AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 56 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
    Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
     Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
    « Reply #38 on: January 11, 2003, 05:25:20 am »

Bugs:

• MC crashes when getting plug-in for renaming files with "squares" that were accented characters prior to Unicode builds.

• Shell integration is absent

Shelly

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
    Intel Pentium 4 1694 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 293 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
    Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
     Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

ZRocker

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2003, 05:34:36 am »

Bugs:
    1. Just tried another CD audio burn and when I came back to my PC, MC was displaying in the status box "Invalid field in CDb.".  It looks like it was on the last track (18 of 18) and the Close button is there/enabled.  Check the burned audio CD and the last track just had static/noise for the last 10 seconds.

2. When burning a CD (at least an audio CD), the File progress floodbar never goes to 100% of the last track being burned.  It goes to about 95% for the last track, then burns the Lead-out with the File progress floodbar sitting at 95%.  When the burn finishes, the progress bar is still sitting at 95%.

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
    • I hate computers..
    « Reply #40 on: January 11, 2003, 05:41:56 am »

When doing a Fill File Properties From Filename, the Track # changes to 0(zero).
    There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
    • nothing more to say...
    « Reply #41 on: January 11, 2003, 05:45:28 am »

when trying to encode or upload files to pda I get Failed to load decoder module error

brookb

• Recent member
    • Yep, I'm a music loving geek.  :-)
    « Reply #42 on: January 11, 2003, 07:01:09 am »

Last night i selected 1600 mp3's to scan for replay gain.

this morning

MC9 AWOL (Missing).

Windows is telling me it increated the paging memory.

when i checked with MC about 800 of the files had been scaned and the replay gain applyed.

This is the infamous 'memory leak' problem still rearing its ugly head.  When doing Replay Gain, the MC process grows until it uses all of your computer's physical memory and paging memory.  So, Windows 'makes more' paging (virtual) memory by increasing the paging memory file. This fragments paging memory, which will lower your computer's performance if you don't defrag and possible re-size the paging file to a smaller size.

This problem has been around since at least version .87.  I'm hoping Matt will fix it soon, as I'm getting tired of writing about it again and again, per their instructions to write about it again with each new build.  (Apparently, if you mention a bug under a build, and they don't fix it, they don't go back and look at bug listings for previous builds.  They instead see what new users complain about with the new build.  Basically, the squeeky wheel gets the grease)

So, please fix this one soon!  I squeeking!  Gimme some grease! ;)

Dubster

• Recent member
    • Computer Software Designer
    Re: Media Center 9.0.95 beta
    « Reply #43 on: January 11, 2003, 09:51:00 am »

Install failed:

"Microsoft Layer for Unicode failed to initialize..."

=====================================

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.88 -- e:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
    AMD Duron 600 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 88 MB
    Resource Info: System - 57 %, GDI - 81 %, User - 57 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
    Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
    wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
     Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON LTR-40125S   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No

RemyJ

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2003, 10:48:57 am »

• Can't connect to any media server.  The server appears to be listening and you can get to it with a browser but MC clients always return "Cannot establish connection to server".
    • When MC starts it remembers the name of the custom equalizer preset but doesn't adjust the equalizer to match the settings saved with the preset.
    • Overflow handling always reverts to "clip protection"
    • The setting of "continuous play" isn't saved.
    • Installing 9.0.95 blew away all my my custom view schemes.
    • Database searches and smartlists based on the date fields are all inoperative.
    • Searching for media servers always results in "Invalid Media Server Information"
    • When "Decode directly to CD" is unchecked, and you burn more than 1 CD, the raw temp file is deleted and recreated for each CD instead of using the one created at the start of the first burn.  
    • In "File Naming and Location" you can't enter paths with leading or trailing periods.  I.E.  If I try to enter a path for track images like "m:\.coverart" the period gets stripped out as soon as I move the cursor out of the entry field. Any valid file system path should be allowed.
    • Can't turn off tooltips for the drop target and player controls.
    • View schemes based on artist with grouping size greater than 1 are broken.  The tree entry for the group has a special character in it and there are no entries in the group.  I.E.  A tree entry that should be "A-C" show up as "A?A-C" where ? is a "square block" character.
    • MP3 Encoder settings are broken again.  If you select "custom" and press advanced, you get the quality selection dialog instead of the custom command line dialog.
    • Converter simply errors out with "Failed to convert"
    • Analyze audio during rip doesn't do anything.
    • When collapsing "Auto Smartlists (audio)" after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%. (maybe not a "problem", but it's still a pain)
    • Can't export single playlists anymore.  The menu option is greyed out.
    • Ripping in digital secure mode hangs near the end of the last audio track if there is also a data track on the cd.  Have to cancel, wait for everything to release, then rip the last track in digital large buffer mode.  

Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
    Intel Pentium 4 2365 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 345 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
    Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     CD-RW  CRX175A     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Drive E: TDK      CDRW4800B          Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
    Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
    • TiVo-aholic
    « Reply #45 on: January 11, 2003, 11:12:00 am »

Whoa ... talk about your memory leaks .. not doing anything besides .. opening up and picking 400 songs and playing them .. (im scanning through a bunch of early 90s songs to play for a 10 year reunion) ... and, all of the sudden im at a couple hundred megs of RAM for MJ (aka MC) ...

Ive closed and reopened a couple of times now .. and it just slowly increases the memory used until it comes crashing down .. UGH !

JNKH

• World Citizen
    • I love Media Center
    « Reply #46 on: January 11, 2003, 01:02:03 pm »

Hi,

I do not get any hiccups from MC until the latest release 9.0.95 beta.

I've tried to increase the buffer, but it still does not always work.  

MachineHead

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2003, 01:09:17 pm »

1) This version of MC does not import mp4 and AAC files. In fact, AAC files are no longer included as a file type to be associated with. Is there a reason this file type was dropped?

2) The uninstaller is not behaving very well lately. Trying to switch between versions can be a lesson in frustration.

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
    « Reply #48 on: January 11, 2003, 02:09:50 pm »

This is the infamous 'memory leak' problem still rearing its ugly head.  When doing Replay Gain, the MC process grows until it uses all of your computer's physical memory and paging memory.  So, Windows 'makes more' paging (virtual) memory by increasing the paging memory file. This fragments paging memory, which will lower your computer's performance if you don't defrag and possible re-size the paging file to a smaller size.

This problem has been around since at least version .87.  I'm hoping Matt will fix it soon, as I'm getting tired of writing about it again and again, per their instructions to write about it again with each new build.  (Apparently, if you mention a bug under a build, and they don't fix it, they don't go back and look at bug listings for previous builds.  They instead see what new users complain about with the new build.  Basically, the squeeky wheel gets the grease)

So, please fix this one soon!  I squeeking!  Gimme some grease! ;)

SQUEEK, SQUEEK, SQUEEK!!!!!!!

The general performance of MC9 stealing all resources at startup (240 megs on my machine) and the continual loss of focus problem while navigating throughout the app seem to me to be huge issues.

I mean are you guys not seeing this when you try out the builds?  

Can we please get some acknowledgement of it.  That's all I want....

Adam(s)

JimH

• Administrator
    • Where did I put my teeth?
    « Reply #49 on: January 11, 2003, 02:52:13 pm »

Can we please get some acknowledgement of it.  That's all I want....

OK  ::)

But I bet you don't mean that.  We know there are problem(s) with memory, but we had to get the core stable before we could chase them.  I think we're there now.  Next week should be good.  We should be able to go after bugs.

First it has to work.  Then you can debug it.  It works now.

Any help you can be on pinning down where the problems are would be appreciated.
    Pages: [1] 2   Go Up