INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Take Names... and KICK ASS!!!  (Read 1144 times)

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
Take Names... and KICK ASS!!!
« on: December 26, 2002, 01:49:28 pm »

:D  I was scanning the boards and found that J River will be adding Chinese/Japanese/Korean support in a week or two. This is great new for the whole internation community.

I think that MC9 will really be a strong contender for the multi-media world of today. MC9 does much more than WMP and many things are even better (i.e. DVD and MPEG video playback seem to look better than WMP.

With some quick, but maybe lucky marketing, it might be worth ATI's, and other multi-media hardware maker's while to use MC9 rather than taking the time, and resources, to develope their own software. Good Idea, ha.

Many international markets are much more open to third party software - it seems to be this way to me - so including support for the built-in Unicode functions of Windows 2000/XP will surely be a move in the right direction. I know I will love it.

Lastly, because JRiver works mainly on their multi-media MC9/MJ8, the software is more quickly updated and improved. This is why mega-companies, like Microsoft, only include "suitable" software for many ""built-in"" parts of Windows. It's like home cooking VS. Jack-in-the-Box. Sure JITB has a lot of different food to choose from, but is it good?

To the people who are wondering if Chinese/Japanese/Korean supports will be included in MC9 - I am sure it will.
    To JRiver ---> You are doing a fantastic job on a great product. Keep up the good work.

Take Names: MS-WMP, MMJB, WA...... and Kick Ass!! 8)

Gary

MachineHead

Re: Take Names... and KICK ASS!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2002, 01:52:33 pm »

Now there's an enthusiastic user... You'd never guess there would be many like that.  ;)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2002, 02:06:44 pm »

Thanks, Gary.  I'm sorry we didn't do unicode sooner.  I do agree with you that Asia offers a lot of opportunity for MJ/MC.  We appreciate your encouragement.

zevele10

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2002, 02:09:36 pm »

i am one of them.
I did not dig to deep with MC9-no rip ,no burn.
But i am just amaze at this program
And i understand - well i think i- where they want to go.
I did not have such a feeling with 7 and 8.
I was ,of cause ,very happy but THIS is just miiles ahead of any other jukebox-even if they like to call it a Center...-

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2002, 11:07:43 pm »

Thanks for the additional encouragement.

I always feel re-assured when I look at the JRiver boards and see such a plethera of interaction. It is like Open Source Brain Stormin.  :)

When I was talking about ATI I forgot to say that I really like their cards, even though I have a Nvidia GF4, but their multi media software leaves much to be desired. Their MPEG Player and DVD player always froze on me and the DVD Player often didn't play certain movies. Thus, leave the software to the pro's.  ::)

As for MC9, I will be making a home page in both English and Japanese and I will post information about MC9 on it for all my Japanese friends. I know about 100 Japanese people (and growing) so I hope the domino effect will work well here. Some of the Japanese people I know love multi media Personal Video's (PV) and MP3's, etc.

"J River, gambatte kudasai" = {Good Luck, Try Hard}  ;D

Gary

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2002, 03:39:04 am »

>> When I was talking about ATI I forgot to
>> say that I really like their cards
Right Now the top of the Line ATI card Is faster than Nvidia. Nvidia CPU is faster but ATI has a duel pipeline of DDR memory that Nvidia does not have yet.

ATI has Done a greate deal of work to catch up to Nvidia in the past 2 years as a gaming Video card.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2002, 01:00:02 pm »

Hi

I'm very eager to test out the international version.

a) I listen to mainly English songs.  My wife listens to chinese songs.  

b) We share the same library and having both media types would be great

c) Hope to see the YADB populated with chinese albums

d) I've briefly seen the MusicMatch strategy to international support.  They have different software version.  Hence, their english version can only rip chinese CDs, but can't display it, and can't save it into a playlist.  As a result, you can't transport songs into portable device from MM's GUI.

Hence, they can only support langauages as different software programs.

e) I hope MC has a integrated interface.  The international support is going to be great.

Pages: [1]   Go Up