INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No more problems with new Web Remote!!!!  (Read 1127 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
No more problems with new Web Remote!!!!
« on: December 05, 2002, 04:11:25 am »

Hi!
I downloaded the new Web Remote with high hopes, since this is now the missing link for me before I can switch to MC9 instead of MJB8 on the main MP3 server. But there's a few problems with it:

1. It does not work with Ben's NetRemote. I think he's working on that, though. What happens is that whenever NetRemote tries to connect to the Web Remote's Libary, MC crashes with this message:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program: C:\programfiler\J River\Media Jukebox\Media
Jukebox.exe
abnormal program termination

2. When I try to play one track (as opposed to a full album) from a regular IE session, I get this message:

Warning
Playlist is empty.

3. When I try to add one track to the playlist (again as opposed to adding a full album) I get the same mesage.

4. (And this has been with Web Remote as long as I have used it.) When adding/playing tracks from Web Remote, Playing now is not updated if it's in view. The cover is updated, but not the list in Playing now.

For one thing, the "Playlist is empty"-warning ought to close automatically after a few seconds. It does not block Web Remote from receiving new tracks, but if you use it like I do with a tv as a monitor and preferably without using keyboard or mouse, it's a pain.

That's it for now. Keep up the good work, guys! 8)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems with new Web Remote
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2002, 04:18:32 am »

Tor,
First of all, thanks for all your efforts and feedback.  Please keep us informed and e-mail me, jimh @ jriver.com, if you think there are little things broken that must be fixed.  Your use of it is a good test for us.

The webremote that has been on the site for the last couple of days came from Ben.  He and Dan (glissando) worked on the code until it worked well for both.  I imagine there is just some version problem.  Ben did say after he sent it that there were a couple of bugs he'd fixed.

I haven't used Netremote lately, but I did try webremote yesterday and it worked by connecting to it from IE -- http://[ipaddress]:[port] .  You might try that just to confirm it works.

It's likeley that we're going to move some of the webremote functionality inside MC.

Thanks again,

Jim

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: Problems with new Web Remote
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 02:18:45 am »

Hallelujah and thanks! I think it finally works! I have played for a while now with NetRemote and the new 88 beta, and no more crashes! I haven't had time to do any torture tests yet, but the things that crashed it instantly on the former versions does not faze it now! This might be related to whatever you fixed with the runtime error on the display in playing now.  ;D ;D Thanks, guys!  ;D ;D

The only thing I miss now is a way to at least change between zones with a discrete key (like z+1 for zone one or something like that). I can't even change zones in any other way than with the mouse because I have a non-US keyboard. But that's really minor compared to the problems I had. Again thanks! :cool:

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: No more problems with new Web Remote!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2002, 09:19:38 pm »

OK, the torture test is done (an hour of rapid changing of tracks, adding of tracks, stopping, starting and so on), and I managed to make my PPC scream with pain, but MC9/NetRemote didn't miss a beat. No howls of "Baggins - Shire" there!  ;D So I'd say it's stable now, or at least close enough.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up