INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Biggest Feature NEEDED  (Read 1026 times)

nila

Biggest Feature NEEDED
« on: November 29, 2002, 01:58:35 pm »

The biggest feature needed, this is especially needed if you really want to make MJ a powerful jukebox for loads of different types of media:
Configureable View Schemes that we can save and access like the favourites.
This would store the following info:
  • Which columns are visible
  • The order of the columns
  • The width of the columns
  • The List style being used.

Additional properties that would be LOVELY are:
  • Be able to set the 'behavior' options per view mode.
  • Sorting order per view mode.

The reason for these is that different media types we are going to want to see different properties more importantly - for photo's we want date, author, location etc. for audio we want the standard, for editing audio we care about different ones, for looking at our library and checking quality of the files we again want different etc.
    The additional properties would be useful when say changing to a different view mode for tagging files - we'd want it to jump to the properties window on double clicking, or maybe to replace the whole play list and play now so that we can instantly hear the song to see if we still want to keep it etc.
    For normal playing though we might want to have it so that it just adds it to the list of files to play.

Another feature that might be REALLY nice is to be able to set the 'Behavior' options per media type: Audio, Graphic, Video.
    I'd personally find this REALLY useful.

phelt

Re: Biggest Feature NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2002, 03:13:18 pm »

Media schemes?
Sounds like a good idea to me.

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2002, 03:14:24 pm »

I would have to agree with Nila on this. That's the main reason I don't view images in MJ right now.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2002, 04:15:20 pm »

We've said several times that we will make image and audio views different (possibly configurable) before release.

nila

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2002, 12:05:28 am »

Sorry Jim,
I must have missed that post. I dont remember ever hearing you say that.

Also, instead of making them different and fixed for those two types, would it be possible to allow us to just save view schemes?
Pages: [1]   Go Up