INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9.0.84 Secure Ripping bugs  (Read 611 times)

mino

• Recent member
  • MediaJukeboxing Helena
9.0.84 Secure Ripping bugs
« on: November 27, 2002, 06:15:53 pm »

One major, one minor.

Ripping in secure mode from an IDE drive. No idea if the first (major) bug happens in non-secure mode, but it's particularly annoying in secure.

1) (major): When I'm ripping, if the rip of the last track on the disc occurs while the (Win2K) machine is locked (e.g. I've wandered away from it and either the screensaver has kicked in or I've locked it myself), the rip finishes OK, but I don't get the "rip complete" dialog, and hence cannot get the "secure ripping results" dialog either. I cannot kill the CD copy dialogue either, have to nuke the MJ (sorry... MC!) process and start again. Bit of a pain, because I need to re-rip tracks if the secure copy failed. Cannot 100% guarantee that the locked machine is what's causing it, but it always seems to happen when locked, and I've not had it once when the machine isn't locked, so it seems likely.

2) ((very) minor): on the aforementioned "secure ripping results" dialog (not sure of the exact name of the dialog, I'm not in front of that machine. Hopefully you know the one I'm talking about, the one that tells you how many re-reads were needed), there are little '+' and '-' tree expansion arrows to expand or collapse the branch for that track. They only appear when you have re-reads. Anyway, clicking on the '+' or '-' doesn't actually do anything. To collapse the branch, you have to double-click the track name, or click on it and hit left-arrow. No idea why it doesn't work like the other trees, but it's annoying. (very slightly)

Keep up the good work, MC 9 looks fantastic. I have more minor bugs/feature requests to come, I'll keep hassling you over the next day or 2!
Pages: [1]   Go Up