INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ9 - Training  (Read 1187 times)

Adamski

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MJ9 - Training
« on: November 27, 2002, 03:42:58 am »

Hi Guys,

Just installed v9 and have to say congrats - I've had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS with the install or since the install ..... and for a beta I think thats pretty cool.  

I honestly think that the majority of problems that people have are due to them messing around with their computers ... fiddling with settings here and there coz they think its cool, or coz they think they know what they're doing etc.  I never fiddle - I almost never have any problems.

Anyway - I'm thinking that I probably havent much of a clue of really how to use MJ optimally ..... so what do you reckon to you guys making a little promo / training filmy sorta thing highlighting the groovy features and how to use them all .... and then posting a link for us to download and view in MJ!?  ;D

Go on ... you know it makes sense!
ad.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MJ9 - Training
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2002, 03:53:22 am »

It's a great idea.  We might do it.  Do you mind if it's just a bunch of guys talking about the cool stuff in MJ?  We can't afford any cute actresses.

V-Man

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2002, 04:14:33 am »

It's a great idea.  We might do it.  Do you mind if it's just a bunch of guys talking about the cool stuff in MJ?  We can't afford any cute actresses.

Is that why the cost of Media Center is going up?  ;D

Adamski

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2002, 04:15:15 am »

No I woulndn't mind at all - in fact I'd guess that cute actresses would be wasted on the majority of this audience! - they seem more into music and computers than hot luuuvin!

But seriously - you could even do it in time for christmas and you could all wear Santa outfits .... it'd be like you were handing out the new features and transferring knowledge like they were gifts ..... have a few bevvies while you're doing it too .....

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2002, 08:24:18 am »

I vote for this - I think this is very important. Even though its easy to get up and running in MC, with the plethora of features in there I well remember the feeling that Im missing out on things. In fact I still have that feeling sometimes now :)

I can think of a few ways the functionality might be exposed to new users in a friendly way - but now is not the time. Videos are good though. I remember a semi-serious suggestion I made a while back that you put some tutorials on a JRiver media server.

phelt

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2002, 10:08:22 am »

Flash is great for product demo's and tutorials, especially if the developer knows how to make them branched, make good use of library objects, etc. We finished one a couple of months ago and the client is back for three more  :) You do need to make sure you get folks who understand your product and its uses. (Especially since many MarCom people are confused by their Apples ;) )

Downloadable or streamable video is marginally more complicated on the deployment end, and I'm not convinced of the ROI for a feature tour. In the way that Windows Help and HTML are more appropriate than plain text for categorized and topic-oriented material, Flash has a better structure for letting the user control the experience and quickly reach the specific knowledge that they're after.

Anyway, that's my $.02  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up