INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: Renaming files from properties  (Read 638 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
BUG: Renaming files from properties
« on: October 10, 2002, 12:34:52 am »

Hi guys,

I had some files which I taged and then tried to rename using the rename from properties tool.  An error message came up saying MJ had been unable to rename the files so I checked in explorer and they hadn't been renamed, however, MJ had renamed the files in its database.  Consequently when I tried to play the files MJ couldn't find them as they did not actually exist!  I deleted the files from the library and reimported them and they were okay again.  When I tried to rename again the same thing happened - database changed files didn't.  Any ideas?  I can send the files if you want.  They constantly refuse to be renamed!!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: BUG: Renaming files from properties
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2002, 12:54:03 am »

That might happen if the files are read-only.

NoCodeUK

Re: BUG: Renaming files from properties
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2002, 01:31:32 am »

Thats what I thought as I had that problem with read only files before but they are not. I checked.  They are VBR MP3 averaging 192kbit.  Read Only is not checked.  Out of a batch of 9 files only 1 actually renamed.  The others only changed in the DB.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up