INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LCD DISPLAY  (Read 2631 times)

jvbr2275

• nothing more to say...
LCD DISPLAY
« on: January 03, 2003, 12:23:31 am »

Hi,

I'm looking :o for a plug-in that allows me to dislay the track information (or more) on a LCD DISPLAY (like Those from Matrix Orbital or other's).

Can someone help me on that subject ?

Thanx for any reaction !

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

dmets

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: LCD DISPLAY
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 01:43:03 pm »

I am very interested in MC9!  (I use Tivo HMO and I have a Media PC that serves as an MP3 server - sounds like a perfect match for MC9).

However, I currently use the WinAmp LCD Plugin for
Matrix Orbital / Crystalfontz / HD44780 / Noritake VFD 800 from Markus Zehnder
http://www.markuszehnder.ch/projects/lcdplugin/index.html

There are a ton of "display" LCD/VFD plugins available.  However, this plug in allows you to control WinAmp via a menu that displays on the LCD/VFD.  No need to have a TV or Monitor on.  Just an LCD Screen.  No hum, and the MP3 Server looks just like any other HiFi equipment in your rack.

Does MC ever plan on supporting this kind of interface?  Could menuing be done with a plug in?  

Some pictures of the WinAmp LCD Plugin in action:

Dustin Mets

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 10:41:33 pm »

Check posts by Mat-d-Rat who makes LCDC he was very close to having this working but dropped out near the finish so it seems...

I too really would like some form of LCD support or plug in...

It is possible with Girder and DVDSpy / OSD plug ins but is not a simple task.... I really stressed me last time I tried...

Its a shame as my HTPC displays a time and Home Media Controller while waiting and Zoom Player has a LCD aspect for all my video stuff... displaying my audio stuff would be the final piece of my puzzle....
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

dmets

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 11:37:12 am »

Unfortunatly, Matt-D-Rat and LCDC only support MO displays....   Which is great if you have one.  But MO is just one manufacturer of displays...   I prefer software written for all, not just some...  

jaLCDs is good (very customizable, great big clock - but hard to learn how to use unless you know german), LCDStudio shows some great features - but is still early in its dev.  LCD Driver2.0 has been promised for many years but is nowhere to be found...  LCD Smartie is an interesting program as well...  

Dustin
Pages: [1]   Go Up