INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Icons in List View  (Read 642 times)

cjudge

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Icons in List View
« on: October 09, 2003, 08:49:17 pm »

I am looking at my APE music files in list view with MC9.1 and I notice that most files name a blue "double note" icon next to them.  But some of my files have a "white page with red X" on them, they seem to still play ok?  What do these icons mean?

I can't find an answer in the help files or on this forum.  Any help would be appreciated.

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Icons in List View
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 09:05:38 pm »

I thought that meant the file's path stored in the library is invalid, but since you say you can still play them, then I'm not so sure anymore.

Make a backup of your library, and then try doing a File-->Library-->Update Library[/u].  First try it without selecting "Remove files which do not exist...," and if that doesn't fix it, try it again with that option selected.  (You may need to reimport the files afterwards.)

Omni

cjudge

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Icons in List View
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 09:44:40 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply.  Yes, the files are surely there.  I tried the update library and chose to remove files that didn't exist and it told me there were none, but it didn't change the missing icon.  So I went about removing those files by hand.  It was weird, every file that showed up as missing had the word "mama" in it!  Bizarre.  I did a re-import and am back and running for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up