INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: support for new digital players  (Read 2019 times)

sutereo

• I'm a llama!
support for new digital players
« on: October 17, 2003, 08:13:30 am »

Any idea when Media center will be able to work with some of the newer Digital audio players ? - specifically

creative nuvo
rio karma and
iriver hp120

I'm looking at getting one of these pretty soon and I'd love to be able to sync it with Media center.
rio's music manager totally blows

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:support for new digital players
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 08:37:51 am »

The Creative Muvo works now.

Not sure about the Rio.  If it mounts as a drive, it should work.  Someone else may know.

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 09:08:43 am »

If the Rio Karma or iRiver players are WMDM compatible, we support them in a generic way right now. The Rio Karma more likely than not is WMDM compatible because all the other newer Rio's are (i.e Rio Chiba, Cali, and Nitrus).

Steve

sutereo

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 11:07:18 am »

thanks for the quick response.
the nitrus and Karma use the same rio software for syncing so if nitrus works then it looks like karma should as well.

riokarma

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 04:44:48 pm »

If the Rio Karma or iRiver players are WMDM compatible, we support them in a generic way right now. The Rio Karma more likely than not is WMDM compatible because all the other newer Rio's are (i.e Rio Chiba, Cali, and Nitrus).

Steve

Hi, I may be doing something wrong, but I plugged in my Rio Karma and it is not recognized by MC 9.1268
I know that you have to install rio's drivers (it doesn't work like a regular usb 2.0 hard drive), which I have.  

Rio's software works for me, but MC 9 won't detect it.    FYI my MC 9 will detect ipod.

Just wanted to let you and anyone else know.

If indeed I am in egregious error, please let me know.
Thanks.

riokarma

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 11:59:37 pm »

Steve

Hi, I may be doing something wrong, but I plugged in my Rio Karma and it is not recognized by MC 9.1268
I know that you have to install rio's drivers (it doesn't work like a regular usb 2.0 hard drive), which I have.  

Rio's software works for me, but MC 9 won't detect it.    FYI my MC 9 will detect ipod.

Just wanted to let you and anyone else know.

If indeed I am in egregious error, please let me know.
Thanks.

I am in egregious error.  After enabling detection of WMDA, it works, BUT again, the "generic" way.  I think you can manually transfer songs but I'm not sure about playlists.  I'd love for it to sychronize, but I know it's an ipod world right now, so i'll have to wait.  Just can't live with the 6 hours of battery life ona portable mp3 player!!!!!!!!!!  

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2003, 08:25:48 am »

riokarma,

Glad it is working in at least a 'Generic' way. We will look to improve this in the future.

Steve

njl

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2003, 05:38:05 pm »

Can I ask a question about a (comparitively) old Rio player?  I just bought the Rios35s player and am not able to upload music to it using MC9.  I use MC9 for my ipod and love it, but the Rio is giving me problems.  I installed the Rio driver, and downloaded the appropriate plug-in from the Media Center/J River website but I can't upload songs. MC9 recognizes the Rio, and will format it, but when I try to upload (even just one song) it just hangs there.  The progress window shows the little piece of paper flying from one folder to the other but no actual progress is shown.  The Rio will read "downloading" for a few minuites, then it just switches to "waiting" and nothing else really happens.  I've let it do its thing for over 20 min. and nothing changes.  Well, almost nothing - if I let it try to upload for too long it becomes impossible to cancel the upload and I have to quit MC9 entirely to cancel the transfer - MC9 will just read "cancelling" and I can't do anything.  Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!

SteveG

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2003, 10:11:23 am »

njl,

I do not have a rio S35s to test, but I tested a similar player and it worked fine. Almost certainly this is a driver issue. Try some different drivers, and if you are still stuck, you can try the option of enabling WMDM support and retesting by going to Tools->Plugin Manager->Handheld->Portable Drives->Configure and check the 'Enable WMDM Support' box. If you do this, uninstall the Rio S35 Plugin first.

Steve

njl

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2003, 10:18:08 am »

Thanks! I'll give that a try. One quick question though: Where do I find other drivers for the s35s? Thanks again for your help.

SteveG

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2003, 10:21:50 am »

Not sure, you will have to search the net. If you installed the one's out of the box, then perhaps the best bet is the WMDM solution.

Steve

njl

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2003, 11:03:16 am »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up