INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyze Audio Errors (HELP NEEDED)  (Read 5888 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Analyze Audio Errors (HELP NEEDED)
« on: October 06, 2003, 09:47:00 am »

We know MC's audio analysis sometimes errors out after doing a lot of files.  We're hoping for some more help in tracking down the problem.

Basically audio analysis consists of decoding, then analyzing, then saving the tag with the results.  If we can isolate what stage causes the problems, we'll have a lot better chance of fixing it.

If you can answer "yes" to either of these questions, please let us know:

• Can you make it error on a batch of all ogg, ape, or wav files? (we know it errors on all mp3 files)

• Can you make it error with tagging turned off in Options > General > Update tags when file info changes? (with any format)

Thanks for any help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
Re: Analyze Audio Errors (HELP NEEDED)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 02:23:53 pm »

Matt,

I've never seen this error happen, dating back to the early 9.0 builds. I exclusively analyze APL files--in batches ranging from 10s to 100s to a couple of thousand. I did a couple of hundred just the other day (build 265, I think) with no problems at all.

Don't know about the tag updates.

Sorry for the negative data points. Maybe someone else can be of more help....

Brad

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 03:16:34 pm »

Hey Matt,
I always had a problem analyzing files. I would set it and leave come back later and it would be completely shut down. I fixed it by turning me screensaver off and turning off all the power options.

After I did that, I have had no problems at all.
-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 04:16:15 pm »

We're trying to narrow down the conditions that produce this (because we can't).  Matt's looking for whether it could be related to the file type (ogg, mp3, etc.).

Any clues appreciated.

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 04:27:25 pm »

I had this problem all the time. (Maybe it's still there but all my files are analyzed now) I never topped 600 files in a row. The only extraordinary in my config is that my files are on a network drive.
AC

P.S.  all mp3, 40% vbr
Electricians do it 'til it Hz

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 06:28:26 pm »

I have about 14,000 MP3 files in my library. I have disabled "update tags when file info changes.", also told the MP3 plugin to leave tags alone.

I would run audio analysis on the Auto Smartlist called Tasks - needs Audio Analysis.

I have switched off screen saver on my PC, however, power management is enabled. This switches off the hard disk after 30 minutes idle, and blanks the screen.

I am using an external 250GB drive, connected over FireWire. A CD burner and iPod share the FireWire port via a powered hub.

On the first run I got through 3,000 files before I got a Media Core error. On subsequent runs I'd be able to analyze between 300 and 1,000 files before getting a Media Core error.

On the final long run, with build .246, I was able to get through about 2,000 files. Subsequently, I've been able to process new batches of between 100 and 300 files with no Media Core errors or crashes.

However, I occasionally still encounter the situation where audio analysis will yield errors on a number of files, and then I get the dialog box indicating that it has stopped processing. If I shut down and restart Media Center, it usually gets through the Audio Analysis with no problems.

I am using Windows XP with SP1.

miso

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 08:03:51 pm »

I've analysed my 7000+ ape files several times since version 8. I've never had any problem.

Media Center Registered 9.1.266 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3229 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 691 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: RICOH    DVD+RW MP5125      Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

maxl311

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2003, 09:55:03 pm »

I ran into this problem consistently on an earlier build (251?) where it would error out with MP3 files after anywhere between 250 and 600 files. My 10,000 files are now analyzed after doing them in batches over a several week period, so I haven't tried to see whether the problem is still there.

The only "non-standard" thing about my collection is that it is located on an external Firewire hard disk.

Running WinXP Pro sp1.

(Off topic: does the fact that you guys are trying to track down this relatively obscure--but still severe--bug indicate that the 9.1 release is about to "set sail"? Just wondering.)

Every technology really needs to be shipped with a special manual -- not how to use it but why, when, and for what.

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2003, 12:27:27 am »

My library consists of WMA and MP3 files.

It may be coincidence -- I think most of the errors occur with mp3 files.

I have had a wierd experience which is not reproducable under any particular circumstances. I was analysing a playlist and two files came up with "Error" and would not analyse. However, after repeated clicking on the "Analyse" button in that window, they analysed. I don't know how many times I clicked, but it was more than twice before they "took".

There is another side to this story in that I was using MC 9.0.180 -- on use on a machine supplying music to a restaurant / bar (which is why I'm not using the beta :) ). I don't know if any changes have been made since then to the analysis subsystem... ?

On my personal machine I use 9.1.266 (at the moment) and most music is analysed as it is ripped. I haven't done a large batch of music in ages (it is mostly already analysed).

One slight quirk is that re-analysing music that was analysed during ripping produces slightly different results. Nothing huge, but different none-the-less. In most cases it is a variation within +/- 0.05dB in the replay gain.

Is there a reason for that?

Any way: good luck!

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2003, 12:33:29 am »

As an afterthought, the only time I remember AA working properly was way back in the days of 8.

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2003, 07:28:30 am »

Whoops, just tried analyzing 111 files and got a Media Core error. I was playing some music at the same time. The music started stuttering, and then stopped when the error message came up.

Interestingly, a file transfer program that was running as well started showing slower and slower transfer speeds at the same time, dropping to 0 when MC crashed. After acknowledging the Media Core crash dialog, the other program quickly regained its full transfer speed.

Media Center Registered 9.1.268 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Unknown 293 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 425 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W224EA          Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:No
 Drive G: SONY     CD-RW  CRX85A      Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2003, 07:32:29 am »

What other software is running?  

Examples: virus checker, firewall, instant messager, etc.

What type of drive?  At one point, we thought it might be with firewire drives, but we don't think so now.

We need to know if this is related to something else.

We cannot reproduce it.

mjcumming

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2003, 07:26:41 pm »

Jim,

I am also having problems with analyze.  Since I am in Minneapolis, you're more then welcome to come over and see..

Win XP, Network share, nothing else of note running.  MP3's

Mike

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
Re:Analyze Audio Errors (HELP NEEDED)
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2003, 03:03:51 pm »

Last night before going to bed, I decided I should really get around to analyzing my music. So I started to analyze 2031 files (all mp3, I think) and went to bed. When I woke up, my computer was frozen solid, and because I had the power management on to turn off my monitor, I couldn't even look to see what had crashed or where in the process it crashed. I hit the reset button, and when the computer finished rebooting, I started up MC and noticed that my library was sitting at about 20% it's normal capacity.

Apparently, MC decided to delete the 4000+ files that were in the Auto Smartlist - needs audio analysis.

I checked my drives, and the files are still there...so MC didn't delete them (whew!), but it did delete the library entries.

So, I re-imported the files, and now, I see that there are only 3300+ files needing audio analysis... so somewhere between 700 and 1000 of the files must have been processed before the crash.

For the next time, I'll try Matt's suggestion of turning off tagging, and we'll see if that works better. Maybe I'll turn power management off too, since that might have something to do with it.... but I highly doubt it since I only have it set to turn the monitor off (not the drives) and it's set for 15 minutes.... and I doubt that it crashed after only 15 minutes... it got through too many files for that to be the case.

Anyways, here's my system info... I hope it helps:

Media Center Registered 9.1.271 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1402 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 691 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2730.1200 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.115 (xpclnt_qfe.021108-2107) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive K: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Oh... other things running:

Trillian
Norton Systemworks 2003
Hotsync manager (for Palm)

That's about it.

Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2003, 09:15:16 am »

Okay, a further update.

Loaded up 2081 files for audio analysis, all mp3.

Can you make it error with tagging turned off in Options > General > Update tags when file info changes? (with any format)
I can now say yes, it crashed with tagging turned off. It got to file 2050 before it crashed (and reached 73% on that file).

So, I turned tagging back on, and loaded up the last 1200 files, and set them to analyze. When I woke up this morning, my computer had indeed crashed again, but when I checked to see how far I had gotten, all of the files were complete... so it must have crashed just at completion.

Anyways, I've finished doing audio analysis on all of my music, so I don't have any more batches to run. Hopefully this was a little helpful...

Oh... one last note. Power management was completely disabled for both of these last two batches.... so it appears to be unrelated to the crashes.... for me, at least.
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2003, 01:31:13 pm »

so, Jim, Matt, let's work backwards, what is it you're doing that doesn't cause the crash? I'd really like to now how you're testing to find that you "can't reproduce" this obvious long-standing problem. What type machine, OS, environment, files, etc..? Basically I'd like to reproduce your functioning setup.

WP

modelmaker

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2003, 02:32:31 pm »

I'm still running 9.0. MC AA still errors on me too. Usually somewhere between 50 and 1000 in, AA errors and stops, (it's unpredictable). MC howver does not crash. I just exit AA and restart it. Restarting AA or MC doesn't always work, sometmes I need to add more files to the library and then analyze before it will continue.

My media hd (D) has been set to both read only and archive at various times.This does not seem to make a difference.

Norton Professional 2003 is always running, ZoneAlarm has been both on or off when I analyzed mp3s.

No networking.

Mostly the only other app thats running is Creative/Extigy.

Power saving is only set to turn off the monitor after 1 hour. No screensaver

Auto tagging is off.

It also doesn't seem to matter whether I'm playing music or not.

Good Luck.Here's my system info:

Media Center Registered 9.0.180 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1202 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 303 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-32123S         Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  Use MJ Engine:Yes
  Drive F: TDK      CDRW4800B          Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2003, 08:52:54 am »

Hi,

I had the same problem, the system comes up with an Error entry in its logfile:  jukebox.exe  offset 02e60183 errorcode 0xc0000005.

Udo

Udo

modelmaker

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2003, 02:25:32 pm »

After a lot of restarts, I finally finished analyzing my library last nite (12k files). At the end there were some 38 errored files all of as far as i could determine had either been deleted or moved on the hd and therfore lost their links to the labrary database. 4 were duplicate files.

All of these files had come up as errors while analyzing and stopped the process. As mentioned above I'm running 9.0 so I don't know if this is any help with 9.1.

In 9.1 , wouldn't it be possible to make AA skip errored files just as it skips analyzed files ??
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2003, 01:11:28 pm »

I've never been able to annalyze over1000 songs without  crashing and with 9.1 MC usually errors out at less than 200 songs.  So, I still have close to 12,000 songs requiring analysis.  These are mostly MP3's with some MPC+ and Apes.  Tagging has always been on.

I turned off tagging last night and began the analysis before going to bed.  I just came home to find that Audio Analysis has analyzed over 4000 songs and is still running! This is definately a first for me :)

Since I just finished upgrading my system again, that may have something to do with it.  However, the only real change is that I now have a processor with hyper-threading.  I can provide more details, if needed.  

I'll provide an update tonight.

Shelly

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2003, 01:28:16 pm »

I've never been able to annalyze over1000 songs without  crashing and with 9.1 MC usually errors out at less than 200 songs.  So, I still have close to 12,000 songs requiring analysis.  These are mostly MP3's with some MPC+ and Apes.  Tagging has always been on.

I turned off tagging last night and began the analysis before going to bed.  I just came home to find that Audio Analysis has analyzed over 4000 songs and is still running! This is definately a first for me :)

Since I just finished upgrading my system again, that may have something to do with it.  However, the only real change is that I now have a processor with hyper-threading.  I can provide more details, if needed.  
Shelly,
To try to separate the MC change from the hardware change, could you try again with tagging on?

Thanks,

Jim

Shelly

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2003, 02:13:15 pm »

Will do that now, Jim.  BTW, I was just pleasantly surprised when I put a cd in the drive, forgetting that I was running
Audio Analysis and MC actually went ahead and played it without crashing! :)

Shelly

Shelly

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2003, 10:05:47 pm »

Tagging is back on and MC is currently at 1500 out of 7000 songs.  Did notice a couple of errors but MC kept going.  

Let me know, Jim, if you want me to analyse files with and without tagging turned on using my laptop to see what happens with less powerful hardware.  

Will update tomorrow afternoon.

Shelly

Shelly

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2003, 06:43:19 pm »

With tagging turned back on, MC analyzed all 4000 files that I queued.  

Shelly

antolod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2003, 08:59:20 pm »

I have just started anylizing my music.  On the first run, it got through about 900-1000 files before it locked up.  Have just started again, 6198 to go, I will see how far it gets on this run.  Tagging is turned on.

Media Center Registered 9.1.256 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 1994 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 463 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     CD-RW  CRX168B     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
Kevin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
iPod 30gig
WinXP/ P4 2gig
Media Center 11.0.changes daily - 8040 files so far...

akak718

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2003, 08:43:40 am »

I used to have problems with this all the time in 9.0. At the time, I had an older computer running on 128MB of RAM. Since then, I have upgraded to a new machine with 1GB of RAM and have never had that problem since.  It seems to me that there is a memory leak. I never had the problem if I just did a small number of files, it usually had to be a few hundred or so.

-Lou

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2003, 08:44:39 am »

I've been analyzing batches of songs to see if I get any errors.  I have nothing to report yet.

Kinda off topic...  I noticed that during Audio Analysis, I can still use MC, but not consistently.  I can select and play songs, but my keyboard doesn't work, and the Action Window seems to be disabled as well.  Maybe a possible change for v.10?

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2003, 08:19:31 pm »

Build .289 crashed on me today after analyzing 20 out of 52 songs. I'd been analyzing batches of 100 - 300 songs with the previous builds, no problems.

When I restarted MC9 and looked at the auto-smartlist for Tasks - needs audio analysis, it still showed all 52 songs ie. the tags had not been updated. So perhaps the crash happened when it tried to write a batch of tag updates?

antolod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2003, 06:13:47 pm »

On the second attempt, starting with 6198 files, I was able to get through 1882 files before crashing.  Been out of town all week, and I am going to upgrade to latest beta before trying next batch.

Media Center Registered 9.1.256 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 1994 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 455 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     CD-RW  CRX168B     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:No
Kevin
iPod 30gig
WinXP/ P4 2gig

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2003, 02:27:11 am »

I've had crashes before, though that was months ago.  Since then I have only used audio analysis for a few files at a time (since I only get a few new songs at a time).

Now I'm re-running audio analysis due to the new BPM counter algorithm and so far Media Center has done 8200 files (almost exclusively MP3) without crashing.

antolod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2003, 02:42:44 pm »

Well, maybe you have fixed it!  After upgrading to .289 Friday night, I started analyze on the remaining files.  I was running messenger, reading in the forums, checking my email, and other various tasks, and got through about 500 when I stopped it to add Rhino's PlayingNow plugin.  (great plugin btw)  I was then messing around with it quite a bit while running analyze and something I did caused a crash.  Last evening I started analyzing once again, with a little over 3500 songs to go, and it got through all of them without a crash.  

Media Center Registered 9.1.289 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 1994 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 306 MB

Kevin
iPod 30gig
WinXP/ P4 2gig

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2003, 01:24:01 am »

Now it has done 16479 songs and it's still running.  About one more day to go...

fex

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2003, 01:09:46 pm »

Positive. It's the first time I analyzed more than a few hundred tracks whithout a problem. Analyzed in about 24 hours over 6000 tracks and still running.

Thanks!

Media Center Registered 9.1.289 -- C:\Programme\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 1999 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 199 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: YAMAHA   CRW-F1E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:44  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2003, 04:13:01 pm »

I would really love to confirm that the problem is gone away,but MC 9.1.289 doesn' t tell me:
Sunday evening I've batched 3758 already analyzed files, unchecked skip analyzed files and let run.
Next morning MC was closed.   ?
Thought I've made a mistake or something I started this batch again Monday evening
Next morning MC was closed again  ? ?

Asked DrWatson and got this (translated)
The programm "d:\programs\J River\Media Center\Media Jukebox.exe" caused a failure. Date and time 10.27.2003 at 03.59.50.424 (am) Exception c0000005 at adress F3196F94 (<nosymbols>)

First run about 9hrs after start

The programm "d:\programs\J River\Media Center\Media Jukebox.exe" caused a failure. Date and time 10.28.2003 at 06.01.48.898 (am) Exception c0000005 at adress 02DB0183 (<nosymbols>)

Second run about 8hrs after start
(must happend 2 min before I came out of bed to check)

Checked task need audio analysis this evening and found one file to check with a 0% value for BPM and Peak level,
analyzing of this single file was no prob.

Hope this helps

AC
Electricians do it 'til it Hz

bc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2003, 07:43:41 pm »

Don't know if this has any bearing or is totally unrelated but while AA is running currently on 281 files, with AA minimized and music playing I am unable to access file properties in the action window.

However I can rate the playing file by slow-clicking on the rating.

I've had the AA problem with large groups of files 200+ going back to MJ 8. In my case the system doesn't crash. AA just quits working.

Media Center Registered 9.1.269 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 1715 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 557 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
bc

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2003, 09:29:23 am »

Hi!

As i have re-ripped my whole collection i currently do the audio-analysis for all my mp3s.

Before MC 9.1.291 the audio-analysis always crashed (sometimes after about 200 files, sometimes after about 500 files).

With Version 9.1.291 it seems to work. Currently MC has analized 1800 mp3s without any crash! 6000 files are left.

Media Center Registered 9.1.291 -- D:\Programme\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 997 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 86 MB

Ripping /   Drive I:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive J:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive J:          RW-522452          Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:6  MaxSpeed:368  BurnProof:No

dragyn

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2003, 05:03:34 pm »

293 did infact crash after about 600 files.

I think your problem is not with the analyzing but with the skinning/display cause I've seen all kinds of crashes when a dialog box is showing.

fex

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2003, 05:33:53 pm »

...I think your problem is not with the analyzing but with the skinning/display cause I've seen all kinds of crashes when a dialog box is showing....

I analyzed over 17'000 (MP3-) tracks in a about three days whitout one crash (9.1.289). During this time I dowloaded a few hundred files (so far leagally here in Europe as long as you don't share them), wrote a few texts, installed NetRemot twice (works now great with my iPaq - which I sync once a day), downloaded my mails and was a few times in this forum. Had a few dialog boxes during this time, but no crash.

dragyn

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2003, 05:40:32 pm »

Well I've seen MC crash while making the dialog box for importing files. It didn't even start scanning yet and it choked.

I usually can tell right when MC is gonna crash because the screen flickers a bit. Maybe it's when it's updating the database.

The world may never know..
Pages: [1]   Go Up