INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.286 available  (Read 3792 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.286 available
« on: October 21, 2003, 05:09:36 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is the latest build.  There may be some known (and unknown) bugs.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

The latest build of 9.1 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91286.exe

Please report if you still experience installer crashes.  We believe the problem has been fixed but would like confirmation.

9.1.286 History
1. Fixed: When importing from directories MC normally excludes, MC could ask over and over for confirmation.
2. Fixed: First Install Wizard page had incorrect tab order.

9.1.285 History
1. Fixed: Media Center was registering itself after loading product.
2. Fixed: MJ 8 library upgrade was not working properly in all cases. (restore from backup in "MC\Data\Upgrade Backup")
3. Fixed: Tab order in Install Wizard was not correct for all pages.
4. Fixed: Installer would report "IE too old" on non-US locales.
5. Fixed: Right-most list control header could fail to draw completely in some cases.
6. Fixed: Seeking in DVD's wasn't working correctly.
7. Fixed: With rating as the first column, clicking in a thumbnail view could change the rating.
8. Fixed: Changing / removing image files could be slow with large libraries.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

graham131

• Galactic Citizen
  • Yadb (get it?) dabba do.....
Re:Media Center 9.1.286 available
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 05:23:08 pm »

Is this record Matt?  4 Builds in 1 night.

And the night is still young!

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 05:43:35 pm »

BUG: MC still has problems with synchronized files...

Some setup in case it's important:
All machines are running Windows XP SP1.

I have a home "server" machine that holds the original library and .mpc files.  The drive on that machine holding the stuff is D:\ and I have D:\ mapped on all my other machines to the same location.

On this laptop, I also mapped the D:\ drive and then I made one of the subfolders available offline D:\Music\Albums.  I then created a new library on the laptop and duplicated it from the library on the "server".  So, when I'm connected to my home network, I can play anything available in the library since D:\ is mapped, but when I disconnect I still have the D:\Music\Albums directory available so my music goes with me.

This works just fine for playing files, but the following things are broken:
1) MC can't update any of the synchronized files tags even though if I check them, the files are not set READ-ONLY
2) MC crashes if I choose a synchronized file in the media library and select AW->File Properties->File Type Info
3) MC pops up an error dialog "PlaybackEng - the parameter is incorrect." if I browse to My Computer\D:\Music\Albums.  When I click OK, another dialog pops up saying "Gathering information and updating view...".  It never seems to finish if left alone, clicking CANCEL only deactivates the button, but clicking on Playing Now does make it go away.

-John

System Info:
Media Center Registered 9.1.286 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1594 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 618 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive Z: MATSHITA UJDA745 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

rogerg2

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 05:46:02 pm »

Long time user, few time poster. I don't know if this is the correct location to post this.

When ever I attempt to play a DVD, it crashes after I get this error:

AppName: media jukebox.exe    AppVer: 9.1.286.0    ModName: nevideo.ax
ModVer: 1.1.7.15    Offset: 0003357c

I use WinXP Home
PowerDVD 5 Software installed (& it works) on a NEC ND-1300A Drive

Thanks

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 06:06:44 pm »

I don't know if this is the original installer error referred to, but upon downloading the installer and attempting to run it, it brings my win2k machine to 100% utilization for about 6-7 minutes before it actually begins the install process.

On the other hand, it's now analyzing my library (which was my problem with the last installer)....
and it does seem to have fixed that problem!   My mpc's remember their replaygain and everything.

thanks!
steve
-steve

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 06:32:15 pm »

Long time user, few time poster. I don't know if this is the correct location to post this.

When ever I attempt to play a DVD, it crashes after I get this error:

AppName: media jukebox.exe    AppVer: 9.1.286.0    ModName: nevideo.ax
ModVer: 1.1.7.15    Offset: 0003357c

I use WinXP Home
PowerDVD 5 Software installed (& it works) on a NEC ND-1300A Drive

Thanks
Welcome Roger,
Please start a thread on this.  Installing the software that came with your DVD drive may do the trick.

bthall

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 07:43:54 pm »

Matt:
Using WinXP home.

If I minimize MC9 to System Box (lower right side of Task Bar), then maximize the window onto the screen, then click 3 times on the maximize/restore middle icon on the upper right side of th MC window, the program window stops refreshing the screen and gets stuck 1/2 painted.

BarryT

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2003, 07:44:38 pm »

In versions .277 through .286, there is a bug that can cause MC9 to lose access to my DVD drive until MC9 is restarted. To begin the sequence, I insert a CD into drive H and start a rip. After the rip has proceeded a bit, I insert a CD into drive G (a DVD drive) and click on its icon in the main tree, as my system has AutoPlay disabled in the registry. I receive this error message:

Once this is presented, I have to restart MC9 for drive G to work again. Since I hadn't seen anything in the recent releases about this problem, I looked further into what is happening on my system. All my prior postings failed when I began a sequence of ripping using my H drive. I tested MC9 using the G drive first in the ripping.

If the first drive is G, then I can continue to power-rip with both drives. For the most part, everything works as one would expect, Curiously, however, at the time I would expect to see the "Checking YADB" dialog, the most recently-used instantiation of IE is made topmost, but MC9 goes on about obtaining the data and filling the fields. I'm wondering if this can be related to the failure when H is used as the first drive?

Hope this is helpful, Randy

Media Center Registered 9.1.286 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2516 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 513 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
  Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive H: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-240B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2003, 08:37:19 pm »

I started a thread 'round these parts a week or so ago about the excluded directories thing, and this build does seem to finally fix it. But I never got an answer to my question, "What happened that this drive was suddenly excluded?" It didn't used to be, and I can't find any settings in MC9 about excluding drives. Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2003, 08:49:04 pm »

I started a thread 'round these parts a week or so ago about the excluded directories thing, and this build does seem to finally fix it. But I never got an answer to my question, "What happened that this drive was suddenly excluded?" It didn't used to be, and I can't find any settings in MC9 about excluding drives. Thanks!
MC may consider it a "removable drive".

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2003, 09:40:53 pm »

I've had CONSTANT burning problems since 8.0.  That version worked okay, but didn't support the newer faster drives.

9.0 was almost useless for burning.

And even your latest versions are buggy.  I had problems with my 2.4 Intel system  and internal drive.  I just got a 3.0 Intel system with external drive, same problems, it's NOT my system or equipment.  MC is buggy.  Facts are facts.

Tonight I try burning some tracks as DATA files.  MC screams through the first 3 files, then totally hangs.  For 10 minutes, it does nothing.

I cancel the burn, and run Nero, without any reboots or anything.

The tracks burn in 3 minutes, perfectly.

[rest removed by JimH]

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2003, 09:48:18 pm »

MC may consider it a "removable drive".

It is one of 2 identical external firewire drives. Neither show up under the "Devices with Removable Storage" heading in WinXP (SP1) Explorer. MC reads the other drive with no complaints. Again, this was not always the case and I would like to know what changed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2003, 10:07:53 pm »

pbreet, if you're willing to help us, we'll fix the problems your having.  Many, many people burn without issue in MC.

A good starting point is to disable packet writing software like inCD (or similar) because they historically cause all sorts of problems.

JohnT will have more to say tomorrow.  Your patience and help would be appreciated.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2003, 11:17:25 pm »

Please report if you still experience installer crashes.  We believe the problem has been fixed but would like confirmation.

No crash on install anymore (build 286). Thanks.
A day without laughing is a day without living

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2003, 11:35:46 pm »

As in the last several builds, the "image" page of the action window does not show any image when more than one song is selected, or when an album is selected.  It does this even though the image for all the songs is identical.  Several builds ago, the image WOULD be displayed in these circumstances.  Now it simply says "inside file/s" where the image should be displayed.

Larry

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2003, 12:48:34 am »

Beautiful Build guys, everything seems to be stable, and running perfect on my system. I cannot reproduce much of the rest i'm seeing on here.

Thanks for fixed that Skining problem.

Only thing left is the plugins, DirectX and DFX are both crashing MC (well DirectX just isn't working in the later builds)

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2003, 01:28:05 am »

6. Fixed: Seeking in DVD's wasn't working correctly.

This fixed DVD playback for me.  ;D

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2003, 12:34:06 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/10/18   Priority: Low
    Misspelling
    In the CD Auto Insert Check dialog box, the apostrophe in the word "Don't" in the bottom button is transposed with the t.  I actually have no way to check this now that it's properly disabled.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/09/09   Priority: Low
    Folder Displayed Twice
    In My Computer, if a folder is dragged to a new location it appears two times.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2003, 03:55:49 pm »

When you navigate to a file's disk location from within MC, and delete it from the library, it also dissappears from MC's explorer listing. It looks as though it were actually deleted from disk. When you navigate away, and then come back (or hit refresh?), the file comes back.

It's a little alarming, to say the least... :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up