INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTunes AAC streaming.  (Read 3096 times)

JolDC

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
iTunes AAC streaming.
« on: October 25, 2003, 06:37:12 pm »

In the latest build (289), MC successfully plays AAC files purchased from iTunes.  When attempting to stream them via TiVo, it immediately stops after pressing play.

Media Server reports:

10/25/03 10:00:54 - TiVo HTTP: received a connection
10/25/03 10:00:54 - TiVo HTTP: ready for another connection
10/25/03 10:00:54 - could not open <C:\Documents and Settings\Jol\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Compilations\Janis Joplin's Greatest Hits\01 Piece of My Heart.m4p>

I am not necessarily expecting iTunes-AAC support for streaming to TiVo.  I just wanted to post what I have experienced so far in the hopes it can be supported.  

Thanks

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re:iTunes AAC streaming.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 01:19:40 pm »

Hi JoIDC,

This is not going to work, at least for a while. We use Apple's playback engine for the iTunes songs, and Media Server cannot stream those.

j

JolDC

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 01:32:24 pm »

Thanks.  I assumed that it was going to be something like that.  I just hoped to get on the radar screen so ya'll might add the Apple playback engine code to Media Server and do real-time on-the-fly conversion to the TiVo :)

I want to stick with iTunes since an iPod is in the future for me and going from AAC->AudioCD->MP3 just so I can stream to TiVo would be a hassle (mainly because of the lost tag info).

Thanks again.

twalls

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 04:31:52 pm »

There are ways to convert it without burning it to CD first... that is all I will say...
Pages: [1]   Go Up