INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: license keeps disappearing anyone else having this problem?  (Read 791 times)

zak326

• Recent member
  • consultant
license keeps disappearing anyone else having this problem?
« on: October 26, 2003, 04:18:43 pm »

I am running xp pro and ever since I installed Ofdfice 2003, my media will not stay registered. Everyso often when I open it, the windows installer starts and then MJ starts un the unlicensed mode. if I go to my restore mjr file it will reghister but on the next couple of startups it loses it again etc. I have tried uninstalling both and even cleaning out my retgistry but can't seem to get past it. am using up restores faster than an amoeba on a holiday. Anybody got a clue. I think I may have to just reformat again ugh!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:license keeps disappearing anyone else having this problem?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 05:32:16 pm »

it sounds like it is starting the installer up from maybe the temp dir or something

maybe you should delete everything in c:\windows\temp

and maybe the users temp dir.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zak326

• Recent member
  • consultant
Re:license keeps disappearing anyone else having this problem?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 07:18:07 pm »

Microsoft says it is a corrupt file in the installer. their solution was to have office detect and repair then reinstall media jukeboox . barriing that which did not work. they wasnted me to fix the installer with a patch wwhich would negate everything the installer installed . and tyhus have to reinstall from  inside xp. that sounds like a whole lot of trouble. I'm gonna try to repair xp from cd then instal;l mj again and see what happens. I'm thinking maynbe i I shld install 9.0 then let it auto update, it can't hurt/. I'll also do a restore point just in case.  I seem to get all the weird problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up