INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV and BT8x8 video card with MC  (Read 1704 times)

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
TV and BT8x8 video card with MC
« on: October 30, 2003, 05:51:09 pm »

It never worked and dont work too now. I have an Highway Xtreme video card who use bt8x8 drivers. Do you project to support this type of TV card?

I use at this time DScaler software who work great with this card.
French peoples, visit my portal :
Francophones, visitez mon portail:
www.kingdodo.com

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
Re:BT8x8 video card with MC
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 12:46:08 pm »

for bt8x8 based cards you can use the generic, freeware and open sourced drivers from http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/
I've been running these for more than a year now and my tv software never was as stable as with them.

Ingo

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:BT8x8 video card with MC
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 01:11:02 pm »

Im using right now theses drivers. Im using it with, like i said before, the software DSCaler. I suggest to MC creators to look this software and maybe take the basic code of it to include it in MC. I have tried many many softwares (recorder too like PowerVCR who should support as well my TV tuner card) but no one seem to work great. Many of them cant scan the channels.

DSCaler is the only one who work perfectly, detect many cards (and mine too), and can scan all channels that i have on my TV.

I suggest to autors of MC to look this page, try the software and/or talk with the autor for maybe include it in MC. DSCaler is a GNU software...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/deinterlace/
www.kingdodo.com

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:TV and BT8x8 video card with MC
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 03:07:19 pm »

Please try a search here for posts about Brooktree drivers.  I believe there is another source for a driver that works.

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 03:58:04 pm »

KingDodo,

you're using the btwincap drivers and you're using dscaler, but you're not using dscaler with the btwincaps because dscaler directly accesses the card, bypassing any driver that's installed.

Ingo

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2003, 06:19:12 pm »

Mad_Chemist have reason, my DSCaler use the drivers that i have installed. It let you choose from two sources.

Ok, i searched for Brooktree drivers on this board, i cant find anything. I have searched on the web, i found somewhere a driver for the bt848 card (mine). I have installed a driver called CP848. Ok, now when i click on the button Advanced inthe Options of MC TV Tuner options, i can access to the configuration. But still have a problem. When i scan for the channel, it just detect two channels that are not really channels, its the Video Composite and Video Svideo, two other functions of my tv card.

MC haved never been able to scan well the channels. Something that is strange too, when i start the TV Tuner of MC, i heard the sound of the last channel that i have watched on DScaler....

Anyway, all that i will try to do will never work... MC must have a better system for the cards based on BT8x8 chipset...
www.kingdodo.com

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 07:43:27 pm »

Ingo given to me an idea for MC autors, why not include the DScaler driver with MC? It seems that theses drivers are in open source. The drivers included in DScaler support many tv cards... So, MC could play the tv without having any others drivers installed...

I have tried some others drivers for BT8x8 chipset. One work (STB driver), but MC have detected just 4 channels who have nothing...

(UPDATE) I have tried to uninstall my bt8xx drivers... DScaler cannot work correctly without theses drivers...
www.kingdodo.com

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2003, 11:18:52 pm »

Mmm ok, maybe i have forgot something before, but i have reinstalled the drivers. In the installation, i have set the tv card Aims VXD with the NTSC_M tuner. Maybe i have forgot the NTSC. Now MC work fine, but the quality of the image is not good like dscaler (and his included driver.

Thanks all for suggestions, but i have too to give to the autors in a new topic...
www.kingdodo.com

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2003, 08:30:12 am »

The universal driver suggested by Ingo would be the best bet for bt8x8 based cards. If you think you are already using it, but it did not work, try reinstalling the driver as KingDodo did.

For picture quality, try TV Configuration/Advanced Properties/Video Preview Pin..., and set video size to 640 x 480.

As for channel scanning, are you using the latest MC? The latest build fixed channel scanning problem for Hauppauge WinTV cards, which is also bt8*8 based.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up