INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track info, Visualizations don't display  (Read 896 times)

udeups

• World Citizen
Track info, Visualizations don't display
« on: November 09, 2003, 07:42:23 pm »

I've used MC on an old PIII W2k box for about a year, and finally upgraded to a modern motherboard/processor (Asus A7N8X-DX / Athlon 2200). However, after installing Media Center 9.1.291 and restoring my library, Track Info Templates and Visualizations do not work. By that, I mean that when I select a visualization or track info in the main playing now window, all that shows up is the cover art of the currently playing track.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going on here? I've never seen this before, so I'm hoping I just have something configured wrong...

thanks for any help!

System info:
Media Center Registered 9.1.291 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1799 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 293 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

udeups

• World Citizen
Re:Track info, Visualizations don't display
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 02:10:13 pm »

Anyone have any ideas about what to try here? I've uninstalled and reinstalled MC a couple times, trying different versions. I've also verified that the Visualizations directory exists in the MC program files directory and contains the necessary subdirectories.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 02:17:20 pm »

Have you fiddled with the little arrows at the bottom of the Playing Now window?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 02:22:15 pm »

Does Player > Display Options > Display Plugin list all the plugins you'd expect? (3D Visualizations, Track Info, etc.)

Also, does the check mark change as you try picking different ones?

Do you have adminstrator priveleges?  Are there any other strange things about your setup?

Haven't heard this one before, so we're stretching.  Anyone else?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

udeups

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 09:32:08 pm »

Thanks for your help Jim and Matt. I appreciate it. However, I have tried all of the things you mentioned to no avail previously. Just to be sure, I just tried them all again. I'm going to try to do an uninstall and then delete the leftover files in the program files directory to see if that makes any difference.

My setup is pretty standard. Media Center is literally the only program I have installed since installing winxp on this new machine. I'm baffled as I've never seen this in the year or so that I've used MC. Anyway, we'll see.

thanks again.

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up