INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing Icons in Action Window  (Read 1123 times)

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Changing Icons in Action Window
« on: November 11, 2003, 07:25:25 pm »

I've searched the forum for an easy answer to this, but I've come up empty.  Is it possible to change the initial set of icons that are displayed in the Action Window?  For example, I'd like to change "Burn CD" to "Rip CD," as I rip far more CDs than I burn.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Changing Icons in Action Window
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 07:41:15 pm »

Relative path is...

Media Center directory>Data>Default Art>ActionWindowNavigation.png

You would have to be VERY careful editing this (you must maintain same overall size and icon location within it...as well as file format & bit depth). The default icons would be hard to beat. They did a real nice job on them. JRiver...who did them?

10-27

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 07:47:02 pm »

As xen-uno described, you can change the *icon(s)*.... But you can not change the *function(s)*!!! There's no way to change the functionality of the Action Window at the moment... I guess "Rip CD" may not find it's way into the Action Window in MC 9.1...

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 07:52:21 pm »

You are absolutely right Knickelfarz, I just played around with it and that only changes the icon itself.  No change in function at all.  

It sure would be nice if I could change the action window's default setting in the "customize menu bar" dialog box.  

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 05:30:13 pm »

I should have been clearer with the subject of this post.  It's not the "icon" per se that I want to change, but the functionality available in the action window.  Judging from the lack of responses to this, I'd guess that customizing the action window is not a feature other people are looking for.  

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know if it is possible to add additional "unlisted" commands to the Menubar/Toolbar?  I'd like to add a command, for example, that would search for media servers, but it is not listed in the menubar customization choices.  If you are wondering why I'd like to do that, it is because I frequently switch between the default library (in order to make changes to the database), which is located on a central server, and media server (which doesn't permit changes to the database, but reduces my risk of corruption).  Hunting through the drop down menus is not overly burdensome, but it would be far easier just to click on an icon on the menubar.

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2003, 05:14:02 pm »

Come on, there must to be other users who want to customize the Action Window and add additional commands to the menu bar!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2003, 06:13:37 pm »

.. The default icons would be hard to beat. They did a real nice job on them. JRiver...who did them?

10-27
I agree.  Pixtudio did them.

http://www.pixtudio.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up