INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removable Media Behaviour  (Read 783 times)

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
Removable Media Behaviour
« on: November 14, 2003, 02:57:39 am »

I have a request to change MediaCenter's behaviour when it comes to playing files located on removable media that has since been removed after being put in Playing Now.

I use MediaCenter in a bar environment and for a particular evening, we get a playlist going. Of course, there is almost always someone who wants a song to be played off a CD and the song ends up being added to the playlist.

When the song has played, the CD is removed. Then, because the playlist to quite long, we forget about the singular track.

Then, at some time in the future, when the playlist comes round again (yes, the same playlist can play for days... it's quite embarassing sometimes!) the CD is no longer present.

And MC stops and waits for user intervention.

Please can MC simply skip files that it cannot find? I don't really see the value in the (somewhat cryptic) dialog box that appears (cryptic in working out what the difference between "No" and "Cancel" will do -- why does Cancel stop playing everything?). At the very least, this should be an option (or a registry hack??? Please I'm desperate!).

Thanks for reading:)

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs
Pages: [1]   Go Up