INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pioneer PD-F1007  (Read 2329 times)

impg

• I'm a llama!
Pioneer PD-F1007
« on: November 21, 2003, 04:31:07 pm »

I'm considering buying the software, but before I do want to be sure it will do what I want.

My PC is connected to an amp, which also has a Pioneer PD-F1007 (301 CD changer) connected.

Will I be able to control the PD-F1007 from my PC with this software?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Pioneer PD-F1007
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 05:11:57 pm »

There is a chance that Media Center would support it...but next to none for MJ. MC was not meant to control other media devices such as a CD playes/changers. Why not rip your CD's and put them in MC's library? No disks to change (ever), and your library is only limited by hard drive space. The hardware solution that is a CD changer pales is comparison to what a computer can do with a good program such as MJ/MC.

10-27

impg

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 05:46:22 pm »

You say MC might support it: might it allow me to make playlists, selecting only those songs from among the 301 disks in the player and then playing whichever list I feel like listening to at the time?

Ripping to the hard-drive is less attractive because the quality of MP3's suck. And I really don't want to buy a drive large enough to copy that many WAV files to it in a format that doesn't suck.

What other alternatives might exist? Wintrax is one option, but I was looking for others as well.

xen-uno

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 06:36:18 pm »

I challenge you to take a CD, rip a track and encode it to ogg @ -q 6 (aka Normal/High Quality in MJ/MC) or VBR mp3 (LAME) @ --alt -preset standard (also Normal/High Quality in MJ/MC) and then compare the original to either. You will be hard pressed to tell one from the other. See for yourself.

10-27

impg

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 01:05:19 pm »

Well, before we beg this question anymore: Say I decide to put my music collection into yet another format (vinyl > tape > CD's > 1's & 0's), can I use your software to rip only the songs I want from the Pioneer PD-F1007 (which I already own) that is connected to my amplifier that is connected to my computer?

xen-uno

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 03:38:35 pm »

The only way you can "rip" using the Pioneer is to run a line from one of the Tape Out's of the amp to Line In on your soundcard...then use MJ's Record Sound function. The preferred method is to put your CD's in your CD-ROM/R/RW drive of the computer. You will get great rips that way. For tapes and albums, you would use Record Sound (wired as mentioned above).

10-27

impg

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 08:52:38 pm »

So it's sounding as if your software is not the best choice for simply choosing which songs I want to hear off 301 CD's loaded into the PD-F1007 connected to my computer. Is this correct?

xen-uno

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 10:05:26 pm »

Bottom line...no. Your likely to find that no computer program will control your CD changer...unless offered by Pioneer.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up