INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - For Jhuff, please read  (Read 3145 times)

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
OT - For Jhuff, please read
« on: November 25, 2003, 01:40:11 pm »

Jhuff,

Rather than adopting a stance of resitance and disbelief at your recent posts in another thread, I would like for you to list 3 applications, with features comparable to Media Center (latest build as of this post, .310), regardless of O/S platform, and explain to me briefly how, overall, they are as good as or better than Media Center?

After doing that, I would like for you to briefly explain why, when refering to the check for updates menu item, you spent
several evenings trying to use this tool to "check for updates"
, instead of simply bookmarking the Media Center 9 Forums in your browser favorites and taking 10 seconds (every, or every other, day) to check the forums page for the newest version of Media Center.  I only ask this of you because it seems to me that you spent far more time on the aforetomentioned forum thread complaining about check for updates functionality (which worked as it should have worked, mind you) than you would have had you simply checked the first few threads in the forum (which you undoubtedly must have seen in order to start the initial topic in the first place) and seen the latest version available.

Unfortunately, and as a software developer myself I can repeatedly attest to this, there are certain people that companies simply do not want to have as customers, and you my friend, are indeed one of those people.  With the attitude and malignance that you expressed, can you honestly expect to receive much of a response (even though you did)?

Wobbley

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:OT - For Jhuff, please read
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 01:42:20 pm »

Round One.  Ding.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 05:00:04 pm »

As the Blond Girl with a nice stack of books and shapely figure walks around the ring holding the Round 1 Sign.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

fex

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 05:18:47 pm »

Listening to: 'Blondes Have More Fun' from 'Blondes Have More Fun' by 'Rod Stewart' on Media Center 9.1

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 05:30:39 pm »

What got me was that he/she came in, guns blazing, with a problem that he/she had never posted about before, and said that the support sucked.

How can support help you with a problem if you never ask about it? It would be one thing if you had posted about the problem and got no response. Instead, you waited and waited, fumed about, bottled it all up inside and then finally came in here all upset about it. 3 whole minutes later, when your "question" hadn't been answered yet, you posted again, with an even poorer attitude. This kind of behavior is not healthy and generally leads to heart disease, inability to maintain relationships, and in extreme cases, criminal behavior.

I agree with Wobbley. Not all customers are welcome. I'm sure that JRiver would be happy to sacrifice your $40 to not have to deal with that kind of attitude problem.

fex

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 05:40:57 pm »

why do you Say\Assume that  Jhuff is a he/She?

Know something I don't?

This is just political corectness. Think it's better now to go to bed....

Listening to: 'Yes It's Fucking Political' from 'Stoosh' by 'Skunk Anansie' on Media Center 9.1

LisaRCT

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 08:34:13 pm »

As the Blond Girl with a nice stack of books and shapely figure walks around the ring holding the Round 1 Sign.

Oh, was I supposed to be carrying signs in the ring??

Nobody told me   ::)

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2003, 09:42:49 pm »

Oh, was I supposed to be carrying signs in the ring??

Nobody told me   ::)

LOL...Lisa that was great  :D
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

LisaRCT

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 09:50:26 pm »

Oh, did he say "books"   :o

Ooops!   8)

Roger_the_Shrubber

• Recent member
  • 6 strings good, 4 strings better
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2003, 03:01:45 am »

I wonder if this a huffin' and a puffin' dude is related/affiliated or otherwise connected to that Intelligence Quotient Completely Normal fellow of a while back?

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2003, 10:23:02 am »

Roger,

Have you seen my herring?

Wobbley

Roger_the_Shrubber

• Recent member
  • 6 strings good, 4 strings better
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2003, 12:51:05 am »

Wobbley,

Yup, nice one........

jhuff

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2003, 12:41:46 pm »

Ok, nuff said, I am out of here and never to darken this "discussion" board again. Good bye JRiver and all your products. You guys are in deep denial and will never have a product I will consider to follow a commercial model as long as you maintain this attitude, therefore you wil get no more of my money. Nor will you ever have the benefit of the word of mouth publicity I have given you in the past. You will, in fact, have the exact opposite. You have failed to understand my issue and have resorted to tacky accusations about my character. I am sorry I ever entertained the notion of using your product. I never will again. So long.  >:(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2003, 02:45:58 pm »

Have a nice day.  Don't forget to write.

LisaRCT

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2003, 08:56:29 am »

Truely a sad day indeed.
Mark it on your calanders so we can mourn again next year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up