INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music organization: some ideas  (Read 571 times)

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
  • Negopus: negotium, otium et opus
Music organization: some ideas
« on: November 29, 2003, 03:55:57 pm »

I am an Italian audio enthusiast audio engineer. I have extensively used your Media Center product in my studies on the organization of the human brain. The human brain is -wow!- 50% music, and when it comes to music your Media Center really rocks.
In order to better classify music, I would find it very userful to have "Genre" and "Note" fields for Artists and Albums, in addition to Tracks. I am thinking of a simple relational database schema with ARTIST, ALBUM and TRACK tables.
Also, the "Note" field needs to be exploited. Instead of a poor and hidden editor like the current one, I would find much more useful an editor with selectable font and color (one font for the entire field would be enough), that can be recalled with a single keystroke (three separate hotkeys for Artist, Album and Track) or mouse click. I am not talking about a full RTF editor, that I would never use, but a quick yet aesthetically pleasing text editor.
Negopus.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Music organization: some ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 04:08:05 pm »

in my studies on the organization of the human brain.

I did my own and i was not impressed, most people I have meet in life must have eat or drank something bad when they were a kid.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
  • Negopus: negotium, otium et opus
Re:Music organization: some ideas
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 04:42:54 pm »

This database-like organization would be a step toward a more structured organization of the music library (of course, light years far from the complexity and versatility of the human brain).
Personally, I would enjoy music much better when reading information (and writing comments) on Author, Artist and Track.
Pages: [1]   Go Up