INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox Crashes  (Read 1193 times)

Jack_238

• nothing more to say...
Media Jukebox Crashes
« on: December 07, 2002, 10:18:52 am »

Hi,
I just purchased Media Jukebox last week. It crashes whenever I use it. It does not appear to be related to anything I am doing. It will crash while I am just listening to an *.mp3 or *.ogg

I am using Windows 98SE. The previous version of MediaJukebox I had worked fine so I figured it was time to add upgrade and pay for those added features. Can I get my money back if I can't get this thing to run. It just crashes and goes away, no message, no warning.

I have MediaKJukebox version 8.0.388. Is this supposed to be a stable version?

Everything else works fine on my computer.

Thanks
Jack

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Jukebox Crashes
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2002, 10:40:28 am »

It is stable.  There are some problems with ogg, related to crashing because of bad tags inserted by another ripper.

See the latest version of 9 on the Media Center board (see "Boards" above for the index).

Jack_238

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 12:49:53 pm »

Hi,
I decided the only thing to do was a complete uninstall/reinstall. The MediaJukeBox uninstall left lots of files and registry entries behind. I cleared out the files, and all the registry items referencing MediaJukeBox.

I had to clear the registry first because even with MJ uninstalled, one of the .dll's was still being loaded by Windows!

I reinstalled and the it is running stable. I did notice that if Windows Media Player loads (by mistake I clicked on it!) and crashes then MJ seemed to crash until I rebooted.

I think the problem probably started with an older version of MJ and was just waiting to happen. I remember having a problem installing it a few versions back.

Any way, I hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem.

About Version 9 - is it still beta? Will I need to do an install (get an install file from MJ to load it)?

If it is still beta, can I run both on the same computer? And with the same license/registration/install code?

Thanks,
Jack

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2002, 01:05:27 pm »

It's still beta.  You can't run both at once.  We don't recommend switching back to 8 after you've installed 9, but there are instructions on how to do it under Jukebox/Purchase/switching... above.

erkrye

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2002, 06:23:47 am »

I agree with Jack_328

I had to unstall MJ v8 after using the demo version and purchasing a registration key.  The registered version suddenly became unstable.  I completely uninstalled MJ as instructed above, and reinstalled using the install executable downloaded onto my hard drive.  I saved my registration key file, and successfully re-registered the MJ v8 product.  MJ has become stable after a shaky start.   :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up