INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version 10: Turning the tables  (Read 33945 times)

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
Re:Version 10: Turning the tables
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2003, 03:27:54 pm »

I'd like to have the ability to have a matrix from sources (zones) to outputs.

i.e. you define your outputs and can connect any channel to any/all of the outputs.

This would give amazing flexibility.

kiwi

dragyn

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2003, 11:15:46 pm »

Always hide on the control bars. I know I sound like a broken record on this but it would benifit some users. (display).

Dragging a column to scroll window. (low res)

Media Library to have a set of search criteria to define the library files. This isn't a problem with the 'All' view but it becomes one with 'Audio' mode, etc.

Be able to drag panes instead of 'left, right' (speed)

Be able to right-click pane entries and not have it auto show (speed).

Be able to scroll pane entry list and not have it auto show. Using up/down, key searches is really slow with large libraries. Same delay time based on search delay?. Left click be instant, no delay. Box select delayed. (speed)

Favorites / Sorting to be JMD specified.

Favorites to follow view scheme renaming.

zak326

• Recent member
  • consultant
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2003, 02:57:14 am »

2 things that would make it easier for me would be to get rid of the popup that asks me if I want to delete a folder each time I delete a song. I am sure it serves some purpose other than to make me crazy but wondered if there is any way to turn it off? also, on the context menu when right clicking the context menu is awfully long and navigating could maybe be streamlined . Right now it keeps the last thing you did at the top. If it would keep the last three or better you if it were customizable that would be cool. the way if for example I was reviewing things to play or move I could do it iin two clicks instead of navigating through a couple of tiers. I may be an exception on this but I edit combine and delete a lot of stuff .  I have noticed on 10 that it runs much more smoothly than 9 when it comes to running a part of a song then doulbe clicking to hear part of the next.  9 would freeze up a lot on stuff lilke that.

I would agree about the need for more audio presets, I have  an audigy 2 and whilr I can  make it work, more presets seem to be needed  Maybe a poll on what presets people would use the most would yield some intereesting  alternatives.

zaphod

« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2003, 01:36:51 pm »

* Rename the Hairstyle interface to something more understandable by non-geeks.  More importantly, make it more like products such as MusicLobby/DVDLobby and MS Media Center so that a tablet PC, smart display, or HTPC is more usable by all family members.

* Add ability to playback ripped DVD's in .VOB format (this may require extra $$ for the extra codec's).  In other words, I'd like MC to be my DVD player for a DVD jukebox where that jukebox is merely a large hard drive with all my ripped DVD's.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2003, 03:02:32 pm »

Zaphod,

MC will play back VOBs IF you have a codec already installed.  I have WinDVD installed and I just have to point MC to the file and it will play back great.

I only wish MC would recognize it as a valid file type and allow me to add tag info to it so I can have my movies listed in my database.  As it is now, I have to manually point to the file every time I want to start a movie.

Oh well, one thing at a time I guess :)
pretend this is something funny

Bean

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2003, 04:52:15 am »

I would like to have a "kid’s mode".

It should be able to start in this mode, and the user (kids) should not be able to change anything except the volume and witch songs they want to play. It should also be in thumbnails view, as all kids can't read yet. ;)
Also they should need a password to get out of this mode :-X

"all kids love to play with our settings" >:(

johnp

• World Citizen
  • let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2003, 07:47:35 pm »

I'm always up for giving my opinion so here it goes in order of importance.

1.  This is a biggie for me, and an absolute must for system integrators to take Media Center to the next level.   Abandon the whole "active" zone concept for remote TCP/IP control.  I need complete and independent control of the zone for which I am listening to., no matter which zone the console happens to be looking at.

2.  Database synchronization.   I need to be able to synchronize databases between multiple LAN and WAN connected music servers running Media Center.  The streaming "media server" option is not a viable solution for this problem, among other things it is buggy and does not alway make music come out of the audio outputs on the sound card.  This of course is totally unacceptable.  I need to have 2 or more instances of Media Center running in a networked environment where both / all systems can simultaneously add tracks to a common database.  This is another must have to meet the demands of large integrated systems.  Even an option to replicate / merge once a day would be completely acceptable.

3.  YADB lookup is still well below par compared to CDDB, expecially when talking about cover art.  Although not a real show stopper, this makes this otherwise incredible paltform look somewhat hobbyist compared to other solutions.

4.  WAV file tagging.  Uncompressed wav file format continues to be the common denomenator when it comes to sharing full quality files among various  systems.  I have been asking for this since 8.x, is it really that hard to implement??

Thanks for hearing us.  You guys do still have the best Media Server that I know of.  Keep up the most excellent work.

Regards,

quentinjs

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2004, 03:33:31 pm »

Here is 2 thoughts....

1. A feature to find duplicates.  (I tend to have many from different albums, etc).
2. My collection is a real mess.  Some files have MP3 Tags, some have file names that have the information in it... and to make things worse is that some have that information in the directory structure.  is it possible to ask it to first look at the tag info (1 or 2) then the filename, then the directory.  (this could even be made customizable) so someone else might ask for the directory to be the priority, then tag, then filename.  Also could aslo define what filename types to use.  as my filenames are in multiple formats, but at the end of the day I want all files to have the same format, and all the tag info in the file to be correct.  

Cheers,
Quentin

Tanushan

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2004, 03:53:20 pm »

from http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=18403

Hi,

I would like:-

a) volume levelling feature that worked outside MC, i.e so that I could volume level and then take it on my portable mp3 player, and it would be all the same volume. I believe MusicMatch has this feature.

b) a better tagging system like MusicMatch's. YADB doesn't have half the of the info for my cds, and if this isn't possible at least give users the right to use freedb / cddb, like pretty much any other program

thx

Tanushan

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2004, 11:58:08 pm »

sorry 4 the double post but just thought of more features

1) Artists (Grouped) how about a one letter for each letter eg instead of A-C, have 1 for A,B and C or at least make it an editable option

EDIT: sorry found out how 2 do it, but how about a 0-9 option even in 1 level mode?

thx

Tanushan

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2004, 12:25:09 am »

2) The ability to remove items from the side bar eg like scraping my computer so it doesn't appear

buhrmi

« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2004, 01:39:05 am »

- Support for Logitech diNovo Media Desktop
- Option to run hairstyle in 800x600.
- In hairstyle mode pressing a letter jumps through the list

* Rename the Hairstyle interface to something more understandable by non-geeks.  More importantly, make it more like products such as MusicLobby/DVDLobby and MS Media Center so that a tablet PC, smart display, or HTPC is more usable by all family members.

That would be great, an "easy-hairstyle-mode-for-dummies".

- A small webbrowser-button in hairstyle (can be deactivated of course).
- an intuitive way to fast forward/rewind in hairstyle

cya
(I love hairstyle)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2004, 01:55:14 am »

A more robust "Smartlist Wizard" would be nice.  A lot  of the more advanced capabilities are not at all intuitive, and some require typing parameters that are quite cryptic.  I've been able to figure out some things by reverse engineering some of the default smartlists, but it would be nice if some sort of "wizard" made it easier to create more complex smartlists from scratch.

I realize that this is no big deal for people familiar with programming, but to the "normal" user, a HUGE aspect of MC's power is simply not available.

Thanks,

Larry

nila

« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2004, 11:01:09 am »

sorry 4 the double post but just thought of more features

1) Artists (Grouped) how about a one letter for each letter eg instead of A-C, have 1 for A,B and C or at least make it an editable option

thx

YOU can already do this - right click on the View Scheme, edit, click on the first listing of 'artist' - properties - change grouping level.

bdjohns1

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cheese Whiz
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2004, 04:07:24 pm »

- Support for Logitech diNovo Media Desktop

My vote for this one too.  I just got one and got the media control functionality working, but actually putting the LCD to use would be nice.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up