INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with New 'Media Modes'  (Read 938 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Help with New 'Media Modes'
« on: December 07, 2003, 04:59:11 pm »

I love the new media modes paradigm and think it is a great idea, however I have set up a lot of custom view schemes.  These currently reside under the old 'All Media' option.  Is there any way I can easily copy them to their respective 'Media modes'.  I would rather not add them again but will if I have too...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Help with New 'Media Modes'
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 06:41:38 pm »

I love the new media modes paradigm and think it is a great idea, however I have set up a lot of custom view schemes.  These currently reside under the old 'All Media' option.  Is there any way I can easily copy them to their respective 'Media modes'.  I would rather not add them again but will if I have too...

Adam
We'll probably change the way this works.  Not sure yet how.

Ideally when you set up a view scheme, we should ask which mode you want it under and also allow "all".

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 03:29:50 am »

That sounds like a good setup Jim.  Thanks for the reply.  Will there be any way to transfer VS that are already setup?  Some kind of option in the edit screen to choose the mode would be great...Also will there still be the possibility of nesting VS under the new modes, for example I have VS set up exclusively for when I am DJing based on Artist, Decade, Genre and BPM.  These currently occupy their own group under the Audio group within the ALL Media Mode.  I would like them to appear under the Audio mode but still remain grouped on their own.  Sorry for all the Q's.  I think this is definitely making MC a lot more useable...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 08:42:41 am »

I would think this would be totally automatic based on what Media Type the VS is set up for... Why should you have to specify that a VS with a rule of MediaType : Images belongs in the Images Media Mode?

And if it doesn't specify a media type, then it belongs in All, no? Obviously it would filter out the contents of that VS based on what Media Mode you were in, but the VS itself would show up everywhere...
Pages: [1]   Go Up