INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gathering info.. and updating view  (Read 623 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Gathering info.. and updating view
« on: December 11, 2003, 10:27:49 am »

Hi,
I dont know if this has already been reported, and I'm not sure which thread to post in (9/10?)

My mc is setup to auto search the yadb when i put in a cd. However there are times (using cds of copyright free music) when i dont need it to search the datbase. if i try to click cancel weird stuff happens. it tries to cancel but takes ages and usually ends up not doing anything. i have to click somewhere else on the tree then click back on the cd drive, then wait for it to look in yadb and not find it, then i can finally see the contents of the cd. this is annoying. please make it so that cancel, cancels.

Also, it would be nice if you could universally set it so that it doesnt try to grab thimbnails of each video clip on a cd. it takes forever to just show the list of files. I hate having to remember to change to list view on the "CD,DVD and Handhelds" icon and then "save for all sublocations" each time.
If i put in a dvd with a lot of video files on, sometimes it never finishes "gathering files and info" (when i say never, i've left it for 20 minutes and come back and just cancelled it. you should never have to wait for more than a few seconds just to see whats on the disc, let alone minutes.) I've tried using another cd drive and it loaded much faster, so i guess this problem depends on which drive you use. but still, making it so i can just see a list straight away would still solve the problem i think.

Thanks a lot,

Bri
Pages: [1]   Go Up