INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.14 beta available  (Read 2478 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.14 beta available
« on: December 12, 2003, 09:25:34 am »

Media Center 10.0.14 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10014.exe

10.0.14 (12/11/03)

1. Changed: Hairstyle options moved to separate dialog. (available via display right-click for now)
2. Changed: Improved Hairstyle thumbnail sizing so there's never any wasted space.
3. NEW: Reworked Hairstyle navigation system -- requires less 'drilling down' in most cases.
4. Fixed: Smartlist wizard wasn't allowing a rule to be removed by doing a "Select All -> OK".
5. Fixed: Smartlist wizard was allowing in-place editing of list values.
6. Fixed: Action Windows would not resize when selecting different files.
7. Changed: Restructured access to internal and external web pages.
8. Changed: Added configurable "anti-repeat" interval to remote control settings dialog.
9. Changed: Several other Hairstyle changes / improvements. (still a work in progress)

10.0.13 (12/10/03)

1. Changed: Improved logic for handling license restoration.
2. NEW: Added Media Jukebox 8.0 to Media Center 10.0 upgrade path.
3. Fixed: Download Manager would occasionally crash while downloading a file.
4. Changed: Hairstyle many times faster.
5. Changed: Improved Hairstyle skinning engine. (still a work in progress -- documentation to follow)
6. Changed: Spacebar / Play button plays selection when viewing Hairstyle.
7. Changed: Added "Pause" command to remote control setup. (MCC_SET_PAUSE with -1 now toggles pause)

10.0.12 (12/09/03)

1. Changed: Renamed 'Hairstyle'.
2. Changed: Redesigned list control in Options window.
3. NEW: Added support for "DefaultButton" mega-skin item.
4. Fixed: Filtering of smart lists based on other smart lists didn't always work for TiVo.
5. NEW: Added additional CD information to multimatch YADB dialog.
6. Changed: Start webpage now goes directly to a web server
7. Changed: TV Tuner introduction page has been moved to a web server.
8. Fixed: In some cases, TV Tuner introducton page was not appearing.
9. Fixed: Check for updates was incorrectly detecting new updates.
10. NEW: Updated registration code to work with the new purchase system.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

Re:Media Center 10.0.14 beta available
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 09:55:47 am »

Love the Hairstyle redesign...works much better but... (you knew there was a but coming didn't you) it is using the view schemes from the new audio modes and all my view schemes aren't in the modes yet so what I am really asking for is could there be a quick way to transfer view schemes that currently appear under the All group into their respective media modes...

Cheers...I look forward to the other hairstyle improvs...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

LisaRCT

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 09:56:33 am »

So, since this is really yesterday's build . .  . . .
will Today's build be out later this afternoon ??   ;D

ain't she ever satisfied?  :P

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 10:10:30 am »

Bug:

When I try to view an image slideshow using 10.0.14 I get the following message at the top of the screen:

Media Center cannot display visualizations for this file type. Visualizations are only available for internally supported files types (mp3, ogg etc)

I don't have this problem using 10.0.13.

BTW, the splash and about screens still have 9.1 on their images.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 10:10:39 am »

New Hairstyle view is a big step in the right direction. Congratulations for the good work!

Two things I found out so far:

1) Didn't find a way to run a slide show full screen!

2) If I click images I get the J River default view schemes, in my case this ends up as having an endless menu selection of years starting somewhere in 1400 up to 2003 to scroll down. This is not really what I want. Clicking Audio/Images/Video I expect to see the view schemes I have set up for myself.

3) The same in Mega-Me. This Media Mode is basically useless if we do not get our own view schemes displayed.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 10:27:46 am »

Like the changes to Hairstyle Home Theater Mode.

I noticed when I go into Audio, I get a list of options, followed by the Genre list.  I see the up/down arrows, but I would like to see page up/down buttons as well.  It takes maybe 10-15 clicks to get the window to move down without the page buttons.

I know it is a work in progress, and this is already planned, but, if not... ;)

Also, I have tried to rip 2 CDs this morning (Pink Floyd Animals and Meddle) and neither one came back from YADB.  I'm sure I got this info from YADB before (I'm re-ripping to .ape format now).  Not sure if YADB is down, or it's something else.  It says
                           Action: Failed.
pretend this is something funny

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 10:37:39 am »

I also noticed that when you go to window mode, then right-click to go back to internal mode, and minimize MC, you still have a listing for "Media Center Display" in the toolbar, which is not right-clickable ro deletable.  Then if you go back to window mode and hit the 'expand' button (middle button in upper right corner) it will go to full screen with the Hairstyle Home Theater Mode with the full screen visualization frozen and the little window in the lower left corner active (and unable to switch to any other open programs) and you have to hit the internal button in the lower right corner, which will take you back to window mode.  If you hit the 'close window' X in the upper right conrer, it will minimize MC, but still leaves the "Media Center Display" in the toolbar.  If you right-click in the window mode and select 'internal' it will go back to normal operation.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2003, 10:48:49 am »

Keyboard PgUp / PgDown work in Hairstyle.

Hairstyle now uses the view schemes you have set up for each "Media Mode". (the buttons below the search box)

sraymond

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2003, 11:11:00 am »

The changes to Theater Mode (why is it called Hairstyle in this release?  :P) are a good first step...  some feedback:

For some reason, I can't navigate video...  there's no right arrow.  I also don't understand where it's pulling view schemes from (which are represented by the * icon, right?).

Resizing the thumbnails is stretching my photos - which looks quite strange.  Can you letterbox instead?

The GUI for Hairstyle options is nice for testing - but when I'm using it for real, it won't be readable on a TV.

Which brings me to a final question:  When developing Theater Mode, are you trying it out on a TV?  It looks great on my LCD, but the skin is not usable on my TV.  I'd like to be able to test out the new features in an "as real as possible environment"...  could you give us at least one skin that is made for TV outs?

Scott-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2003, 11:13:49 am »

Which brings me to a final question:  When developing Theater Mode, are you trying it out on a TV?  It looks great on my LCD, but the skin is not usable on my TV.  I'd like to be able to test out the new features in an "as real as possible environment"...  could you give us at least one skin that is made for TV outs?

Yeah, I use it on a TV at home all the time at 800x600.

Start a thread if you'd like to talk more about what you want changed.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2003, 11:28:14 am »

Instead of starting a new thread, how about adding it here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17452

claiborne

• I'm a llama!
How about support for new Microsoft Mouse
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2003, 11:33:17 am »

Would it be possible to add support for the tilt wheel (for left and right scrolling) that is on the new Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2 products?

Thanks

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2003, 11:40:04 am »

When I try to move columns in the view schemes i.e. Move Right, it moves the column, but it takes me back to the Media Library in the tree, instead of staying focused on the View scheme I'm trying to manipulate, very annoying.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2003, 11:40:13 am »

From what we can tell, the tilt wheel is sort of an Intellipoint hack instead of something that's built into Windows, so it's hard to natively support it.

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2003, 01:22:28 pm »

I like the direction you guys are heading with Hairstyle mode. Just a couple of comments about Hairstyle mode.

Possible Bugs
------------------
1.  While the thumbnails are appearing much faster now, thumnails related to audio seem to take forever.  Image and Video thumbnails are very quick. I have about 3,000 songs but don't have any album art. So I'm assuming that MC is searching the entire music library to find images to use and takes forever to time-out when it can't find any art.  My only workaround right now is to always view Hairstyle in List view.

2.  Someone else mention this already but video is not enabled (no arrow) from the main screen of hairstyle. I have view schemes set up for both media mode (video) and "All Media".  Might be a bug.

Functionality Requests
-----------------------------
1.  I have many view schemes set up that would not be relevant in Hairstyle mode. An option to show/hide the view scheme in Hairstyle would be great as well as an option for view the scheme as Thumbnails or List view. These two options could be placed in "View Schemes Properties" dialog.  I personally would like to always view audio view schemes in List view but for Video and Images I would always view using thumbnails.

2.  A simple search box at the top of Hairstyle that searches for a simple string within the current view.  This should be enough to help find specific media files more quickly than Pageup/Pagedown.

3.  I would be nice to be able to lock Hairstyle mode down so it would require a password to leave.  After so much work configuring and organizing the thousands of songs, videos and photos I have, I see Hairstyle as the primary interface my family will use to play everything without messing everything up. I'm sure I'm not alone here.

4.  When navigating to playlist, instead of automatically playing the playlist when you click on the playlist name, could it instead show the list of files contained in the playlist. Then we would be able to select the files from the playlist we wanted to add to Playing now. I think it would be a more flexible, consistant as well as more intuitive.

Keep up the great work guys,

Platu

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2003, 01:34:51 pm »

rocketsauce

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2003, 03:28:13 pm »

Just two bugs that I've come across:

Editing tags inline always crashes MC.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17577

Having some trouble with search rules in view scheme properties.

I created a semicolon delimited field called Artist (related). For example, I have tracks by Tenacious D and I also have tracks by Jack Black (who is a member of Tenacious D). So for the Jack Black tracks I also put Tenacious D in the Artist (related) field. Then in view scheme properties I set the file search rules to Artist: Tenacious D and Artist (related): Tenacious D, which should give me a view scheme that only shows both Tenacious D tracks and Jack Black tracks. However, for some reason, when I add the Artist (related) search parameter I get an empty view scheme. The weird thing is that I have similar view schemes for other artists that were created using 9.1 and they still work in 10, but creating the same scheme in 10 doesn't work.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up