INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Play Full-Screen Video  (Read 822 times)

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
Can't Play Full-Screen Video
« on: December 13, 2003, 06:58:51 pm »

I've been having a problem with playing video files in MC.  When I play video in full-screen mode, instead of a picture that covers the full screen, I get a black screen with the video playing in a small box in the lower left quadrant.  Sometimes it starts off full-screen for an instant before shrinking down.  I can remedy it temporarily by switching to hairstyle and then back to full screen; but after maybe thirty seconds it changes back to a small box.

I've also installed new video drivers and codecs recently, so that could be the problem, but other players don't do this.  I've also "repaired" XP with a static upgrade, so some video or memory settings could have changed, but I wouldn't know what to look for.

I'm wondering if there's some setting in MC that might be behind this?  Any suggestions?

Drowbe

Re:Can't Play Full-Screen Video
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 07:36:32 pm »

I had this happen in 10.0.14...it seems to be fixed in version 10.0.15.  What version are you using?

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 10:31:40 pm »

I had 10.0.14.  I upgraded, and now it works fine.
Thanks. :)

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 07:08:01 am »

I have the same problem inv9.0. I know there's not going to be a fix for me, but it be nice to know why MC behaves this if anyone knows.

Listening to: 'The Runaway (Gentle Giant)' from 'Center Stage Live '99 - The Best of Progressive Rock' by '(Multiple Artists)' on Media Center 9.0
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 08:31:03 am »

It's possible that it's a video driver problem.  Try searching on google for similar problems with the card you're using.
Pages: [1]   Go Up