INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asian language problem in the latest MC9.1 :(  (Read 1004 times)

px2so

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Asian language problem in the latest MC9.1 :(
« on: December 14, 2003, 10:38:19 pm »

I would like to report that Asian language song titles (korean in my case) doesn't properly show up in MC9. I spose this problem occures in any other language as well.

When i view my korean song titles using Windows explorer (artist, title, genre, etc.. view) i can see them just fine. However, when i import those same songs into MC9, all i see is bunch of symbols.

I tried it on MMJB and the songs titles showed up just fine. I also were able to view them correctly on ID3-Tagit program (http://www.id3-tagit.de/ - the MP3 tagging software "click on that english flag to see the site in english").

I am using English Windows XP Pro, however i have the regional setting to Korean. I can run Korean application, type korean text, and view any korean files. It's basically 2 in 1 localized Windows OS.

To conclude my posting, when i use any other music software, i can view my Korean song title's without a problem. But when i open them with MC9, all i get is symbols.

I posted this far back in the MC9 days. It was fixed after i reported it. But now, the problem came back.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Asian language problem in the latest MC9.1 :(
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 08:29:24 am »

Could you send a sample to matt @ jriver.com (no spaces)

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SouthsideIrish

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 01:41:02 pm »

I have a lot of Japanese songs and have been using MC9 for a few months, and am now on MC10 and I have never had any problems with Japanese text being displayed. I'm not sure now what version of MC9 I started with, but I upgrade when new versions come out, and this was never an issue with me.

Bill McNair

px2so

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 12:35:17 am »

It turns out when u just specify MC9.1 to search a drive (ie. d:/), it dosn't display the korean song tag correctly, it all appears as symbols.

To go around this bug, i had to specify "folders" to look for the korean songs. This some how made MC 9.1 display korean song tags correctly again in the libary view.

I know, it's odd.
Pages: [1]   Go Up