INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Filtering Out Cover Art  (Read 1245 times)

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
Filtering Out Cover Art
« on: December 15, 2003, 12:27:54 pm »

I'm making an attempt to use MC's other features, beyond just music.

I have cover art for a lot of my albums.  If I want to use MC to organize my digital photos, I don't want to have to wade through all my cover art files to get to them.  The only place I'd want to see cover art is when I'm handling my music.

What's the right way to hide all the cover art when I go into the Images view schemes?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Filtering Out Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 12:38:11 pm »

I'm making an attempt to use MC's other features, beyond just music.

I have cover art for a lot of my albums.  If I want to use MC to organize my digital photos, I don't want to have to wade through all my cover art files to get to them.  The only place I'd want to see cover art is when I'm handling my music.

What's the right way to hide all the cover art when I go into the Images view schemes?

You could delete the files from your library and reimport just the photos.

Or you could sort by location and probably delete the cover art that way.

The problem is that, when you imported, you included the directory where the cover art was located.

Experiment with a few before you do a lot.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 01:42:15 pm »

Thanks.  I'm starting to see the value of having the cover art, so I don't think I'll remove them...  In the past, most of my CDs had no images, so I never really found the cover art visualizations useful.  I just ran the tool to get cover art and was surprised to be able to download a lot of images.  I'll see if I like seeing the images when I listen to the music.

In the images view scheme, I was a bit overwhelmed with a giant pool of hundreds of cover images.  I guess I just need to define an attribute for "cover art".

I'm used to having my photos organized in a few dozen folders, like photo albums.  It's a different "paradigm" to organize files by attributes.  I guess with pictures, I prefer trees over panes.  I just haven't figured out how to do what I'm used to doing... create a folder and move a bunch of files into that folder.

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 01:46:38 pm »

You can save your cover art inside the music file.

That way you don't need the coverart jpeb in your computer.
-

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 02:17:23 pm »

That's a good idea.  The filesize of a picture is negligible relative to that of an mp3 file, so replicating it a dozen times for each album isn't a problem.

Thanks.

Marko

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 03:21:33 pm »

Here's how I've done it:

I don't actually have MC's ..\data\coverart\ dir in my library, but this could work for you too.
I have all my cd covers in one directory, and this is in my library. I have tagged every image in there as "CD Covers". Right click the image node on the tree and select edit view scheme, then in the search box (at the bottom of the edit box) enter this:
[Media Type]=[Image] -[Genre]=[CD Covers]

This excludes all coverart from the standard image views. Then make a view scheme called coverart and reverse the rule so that only coverart is shown, and make sure that honor parent scheme search strings is unchecked.

If the cover sets are tagged with the right artist album, when you pull an album from the library with "all media" in the list, both the tracks and any coverart will be listed.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 05:37:27 pm »

That's the trick I was looking for.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up