INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting ipod transfers to work?  (Read 913 times)

mjs200x

• I'm a llama!
Getting ipod transfers to work?
« on: December 18, 2003, 09:40:22 am »

I followed the instructions under the help screen. When i get to step 3 which is format for use with MC, I right click and format but it always says format failed.

Now i can still transfer files, but apparently it goes into the wrong directory on the ipod, because no songs show up.

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Getting ipod transfers to work?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 10:53:44 am »

When you right click, you should select "Initialize", if this is not an option, post what version of MC and plugin you have. If this is failing, try formatting your iPod from Windows Explorer, and then disconnect and reconnect your iPod. After this, run MC and Initialize the iPod and you should be on your way.

Steve

mjs200x

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 11:22:59 am »

I have MC version 9.1.316 and ipod plugin version 9.0.87. When i tried to format using explorer my ipod shut down. I still was unable to "initialize" the ipod in MC.

I really want  my ipod to sync with MC because i hate the Music match Jukebox interface.

mjs200x

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 08:01:18 pm »

I formated with windows explorer, downloaded plugin version 9.0.88 and still cant seem to intialize the ipod. The only choice when you right click is format and that constantly fails. I also searched the forum and read other articles, but still cant get this to work.

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 09:25:50 am »

After the WIndows format, it is important that you disconnect and reconnect your iPod. Did you do this? If that fails, the either uninstall MusicMatch or at least go in Explorer and rename the MusicMatch folder to something else temporarily so that it will not interfere with the iPod. MusicMatch builds in ways that it trys to take control of the iPod which is most likely causing problems.

Steve

mjs200x

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 10:22:48 am »

Thank you steve, an uninstall/reinstall worked. now i am able to initialize the ipod.

regards,

matt

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 10:27:31 am »

Please use the iPod support thread here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up