Regae
- 0 (0%)
Classical
- 4 (6.7%)
Other
- 25 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: About Everyone...  (Read 6891 times)

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
OT: About Everyone...
« on: December 27, 2003, 03:23:05 pm »

And............

Hello and Happy Holidays/New Year...

I have been around since June and have not seen one of these done and I thought it would be kinda cool.

We all spend quite a bit of time on these boards, talking/Typing and interacting with everybody and thought it would be kinda neat to see what you all are like... So.......

A few questions that everyone can answer and it's all in good fun..

The meaning of your NickName (If it's not your name)
Favorite Type of Music
Favorite Band (Top 5)
The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC.. (Just 1!)

mmm I think that's it.

.. I guess I will go first.

The meaning of your NickName:  Well I needed to think of a login for a different Board (Games board) and everything a thought of was taken, Then I thought hey this is neet, and it stuck with me since.

Been around Since: June 03
Favorite Type of Music: Rock and Heavy Metal (depending on the mood)
Favorite Band (Top 3):       Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden, Metallica
An EQ built into the Action Window...

-

modelmaker

Re:OT Everybodys (Favorite Type of Music )
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 04:23:20 pm »

I've been around since april/may 2003. Currently residing in Lake George, New York. Have lived in Wy., NM and Europe. I speak English(the American variety), Danish and German.

I turned one of my hobbies into a bizness which is model building, hence, modelmaker.

My primary purpose for getting a computer was to digitize my analog music collection.

In a former life, I was an audio/video tech/sales rep, had to demo a lot of equipment over the years and so developed a wide range in musical tastes. I'm also into scifi, so I like all rock (classic, hard(favorite), scifi, pop) '60s thru present, jazz, some classical, some electronic/trance and some hip-hop.

Some favorite artists: old stuff: Beatles(of course) & solo stuff, The Stones, Yes, 'Floyd, Todd Rundgren, Jeff. Airplane/Starship, Winwood/Traffic,........
newer stuff: Cowboy Junkies, Vermont, Annie Whitehead, Damien Rice, Evanescence,........sorry cound't keep it to top 5! ;D

I'm one of the 'old guys' at 52 (Jan 15)!

Add to MC? Beverage dispenser.
(seriously: shoutcasting)

Happy New Year!  Don't Drink And Drive! :)
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

zevele10

Re:OT: About Everyone...
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 05:37:02 pm »

Punk ,Hardcore  , where do you put it?
In' other'?

ThatAdamGuy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama's iguana!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 06:59:45 pm »

Hi there :)

I'm ThatAdamGuy -- because I used to be "HarmonyGuy" online (due to my love of music and my background as a musician), but got tired of people dissing the "Harmony" aspect as sissy, and also figured that it wasn't right to just define myself by the dual issues of music and (non-music) Harmony, so I went more generic :D.  I actually have a history of being "-guy"... since I'm also Adam the SmileGuy on my main Web site.

I'm now 32, and I live in San Francisco, CA.  Before that, I lived in Thousand Oaks (CA), Boston (MA), Bloomington (IN), Mannheim (Germany, near Heidelberg), and Evanston (home of Northwestern University in IL).  SF is nice, but insanely overpriced, and a bit polarized. :(

I've been around since, oh, 1971.   Ah, you mean with MC?  Uh, just a few months, I guess :)

My favorite type of music is vocal -- primarily a cappella, but also choral (preferably youth -- less obnoxious diva-vibrato).  My favorite bands/artists -- ooo... that's hard, 'cause it depends on my mood, but I'll offer up Moxy Fruvous, Sting, The Corrs, Claude Bolling, and Weird Al. :)

The top thing I'd like to see added to MC is Shoutcasting capability, but to be honest, if I was really being unselfish, I'd say the top thing (to help with adoption of the program) would be an "Easy Start Guide."

Okay, and I'm gonna be mildly obnoxious, and add an item to this "tell us about yourself" list -- "hobbies" -- since I think it's interesting to learn about peoples' other interests.  I'm into Lindy Hop (swing dancing), fitness, travel (mostly European), playing piano, digital photography, and exploring geek stuff :).

TimB

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 07:04:00 pm »

Everything worth hearing was recorded between 1966 and 1980.  :)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

nila

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003, 07:38:00 pm »

Nick: my name - how original! :)
Been around Since: MC8 early beta
Favourite type of music: Hip-Hop, RnB, Rock, Alternative - pretty much most things as long as they're well done.
Favourite band: One of my all time fav.'s has to be the band called 'Live' - throwing copper was an awesome album.

One thing to have added to MC:
Well I cant say one - there are two which to me would be equally as important so it's A or B - ur choice :)

A: Panes Given more power and refined.
This would include the following things: numbers, dates, etc can be grouped. Also we could chose a sort order for the items in them - ASC, or DESC. As well as this they would be manually resizeable. We would also be able to use the panes in any random order (first select an item to the right, then ones further to the left, then to the right again, etc). Lastly the items in the pane would be given more complex search capabilities - just like right now they change to show the check boxes etc. If we clicked on the items, instead of as it is right now where we can just select various items and it does 'or' searches, we could select items to be 'and' combinations or 'not' as well. There would just be a little icon before the list entry that we could click on and it would change between the three modes. ie:
& John
& Andy
- Sarah
(this is more important with images than with audio where it's not as important to do this type of advanced searching).

B. Location bar would be returned with per view scheme settings and all the right click options available as tools on it. We could set up view schemes for tagging with buttons for: Fill Properties from filename, or  rename from properties and a button for: Clean file properties (would be an internet explorer back type button so we could press it and it'd instantly clean with the current settings or we could click the little arrow to chose 'settings' to bring up the options dialog.). Another button for: get cover art from internet etc.
For image view schemes we could have buttons for: Rotate images, flip image, e-mail images, create website, etc.
As well as being able to customise it per view scheme we'd also be able to set it to not show per view scheme so those who didn't want it wouldn't have to get it.

As I said thought - both of those to me would be the cherry - I cant chose between either, I'd love them both so you can chose to take either one as my choice.

dragyn

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003, 08:36:27 pm »

nickname: based on last name
been around since: old board (mj6 or 7; can't remember).
type of music: mainly rock. still listen to 80s, remixes, country, rap, and others.
band: n/a
one thing for mc: better song selecting routines.

carputer project - still workin' on it

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2003, 08:58:00 pm »

>> The meaning of your NickName (If it's not your name)

KingSparta = Expert On Sparta Dos From ICD, Inc (Now Defunct) From Early 1980's Compaired To MS Dos 3.2, The Dos Was Stored On A Eprom (A Chip) No Booting Dos From Disk And Back Then (1 mhz days) It Was Fast.

Worked On Airforce Computers Back In the 60's When A 5 Meg Hard Drive Took Up A Room And It Used 7 Foot Tall Water Cooled Tubes.

>> Location: Country...State/Province

North Carolina, Home Of The 82nd Airborne Div

>> Age:
Born: April 14, 1912

>> Been around Since:
MJ5

>> Favorite Type of Music:

Any Thing But Opera And Ganster Rap, Please

>> Favorite Band (Top 5)

1. Bachman-Turner Overdrive
2. Deep Purple
3. Tommy James And The Shondells
4. Deep Purple
5. Blue Öyster Cult

>> The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC.. (Just 1!)
Remember What I type Into "Find"

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

matshif

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2003, 09:20:42 pm »

Happy New Year to all of you  :D

Meaning of nick name: My name is Mats and HIF is the soccer team in my home town Helsingborg, Sweden
Location, Lund, Sweden
Been around since early 2002, MJ 8
Favotite type of music: Rock, Blues, Country and Classical
Favorite band: Bob Dylan, The Boss, Peps Persson(a swedish blues singer)
The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC.. (Just 1!): Help file in Swedish

zevele10

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 03:16:32 am »

zevele== junk in hebrew

Born in France but in Israel Tel Aviv

interior decorator, painter.

Music i do not like: jazz-rock ,prog,fusion,funk,word,pop

Music i like : anything with guitars , free jazz, low-fi,industrial,grindcore,country,rockabilly,acid rock.
I like the most psy and garage and punk/hardcore.

Because nothing new in Rock ,i started ,2 or 3 years ago to listen to Metal. I'am not mad about 'regular' metal.
I Like more industrial ,doom,funeral,drone and extreme hardcore metal.

Hard to say my prefered band , but Nile, Gratefull Dead ,Velvet Underground , ROLLING STONES ,Stooges, BYRDS,Pearl Jam , Elvis Costello first period are part of my top selection.
To this day ,i'am still not sure if THE r&r band is Stones or Byrds

I'am here since MJ7
I'am 52 years old i think [ born in 51]

I would like MC to play/convert ALL lossless formats and ..AN EJECT CD BUTON

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2003, 08:01:50 am »

So here goes:

My nickname comes from what I do. I'm a Sport Psychologist working with racers in MotoGP, World Superbikes and national competitors in all disciplines.

It seems like an age since I started with MC and Interact but it's probably about a year - when I got my first iPOD.

I mainly listen to all kinds of rock. Used to have my own band - The Hairy Beavers - very punk influenced.

Top bands:
Marilyn Manson
Nirvana
Gary Numan
Linkin Park
Big Country

The thing I would most like MC to add/change: DVD ripping!

jleerigby

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2003, 01:41:51 pm »

The meaning of your NickName (If it's not your name) - For some strange reason my parents named me John (even though my Dad is called John too) and then decided that I should be known by my middle name - Lee.  

Been around Since: About May 2003 I think (v9.0)

Favorite Type of Music: Rock, Heavy Metal and some Pop

Favorite Band (Top 5): U2, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Spandau Ballet, Queen.  (How does Spandau Ballet get into a list like that?  Simple - I saw them 3 times in the 80s and they were fantastic every time.  I still love their music and listen to it regularly.

The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC.. (Just 1!).  More user configuration in Hairstyle.  Like the ability to specify what behaviour occurs when you select a track and press enter.

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2003, 02:33:50 pm »

> The meaning of your NickName:  ... don't have one .....  :(
> Location: Netherlands
> Age:  51  :-[
> Been around Since: a year or so
> Favorite Type of Music: Rock from the mid-60's thru the mid-80's. Mostly symphinic / electronic. But also English / American 'golden oldies'....
> Favorite Bands: Genesis, Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons Project, Kraftwerk, Supertramp (and many names that are less-frequently heard).  8) 8) 8)
> The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC.. (Just 1!)
The possibility to let every user (every 'login name') on a system have his own settings! This would prevent that the 'junk music' of my kids interferes with my MC database.....

.... And a Happy New Year to everyone!!! ....

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2003, 03:21:54 pm »

Hi,

- The meaning of your NickName (If it's not your name): "Deivit" is how David sounds to a catalan ear when pronounced in English. Everybody calls me "Deivit" since I was a kid, so...

- Been around Since: October 2002

- Favorite Type of Music: Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, R&B, in no particular order, old and new stuff... Any kind of music but Screaming Metal.

- Favorite Band (Top 5): Too many to name only 5. Don't have an "icon" band I like the most.

- The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC.. (Just 1!): The ability to "rip" a concert DVD into separate tracks or songs (chosing both audio-video or only audio) converting them into a file format that MC could handle, so that I could rip my DVD-concert collection and play it as I play now audio files with MC.

Thank you and Happy New Year to all of you.

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2003, 04:36:17 pm »

Blues ??

BuiltToSpill

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2003, 07:40:48 pm »

indie, blues, jazz... :'(
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2003, 09:15:23 pm »

- The meaning of your NickName (If it's not your name):

my website says it best..  http://benali.keystonecop.net/default.htm  I have been having fun doing this for  over 25 years.  Played with tube computers back in the mid 60's. retired at 55 with 37 years of service (state of california)

(I hate computers)..  But love music...

I don't understand the choices listed above.  country and oldies
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

Roger_the_Shrubber

• Recent member
  • 6 strings good, 4 strings better
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2003, 03:30:48 am »

Nick: my first name & plagiarised Monty Python (Holy Grail)

Been around since late v. 7 (3 years or so???)

Music: entirely & utterly eclectic...I like good melodies with good production and arrangements...any genre

Favourite Artists: Beatles, Manhattan Transfer, Hendrix, Yes (pre Tales album), Glen Miller, Cosmic Gate, etc, etc

I'm cool with MC9......still exploring

LisaRCT

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2003, 08:45:41 am »

;D

LisaRCT = My name (Lisa), 'R' - my middle initial (Renee), and 'CT' the last name initials (hyphenated women's lib type)  :P

Location: Bethlehem, Pa - the 'Christmas City' and home of the country's largest annual music festival.

Interact member since December 03, 2002

Music: Jam-Bands, Rock, Progressive Rock, Blues, Jazz, Ecclectic-(think RadioParadise)
Grateful Dead, Jethro Tull, Santana, Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan, etc, etc, etc . . . .

The one thing I'd like added to MC?  
Winning Lottery number generator.   ;D

NoCodeUK

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2003, 10:49:41 am »

K Here goes:

NickName: Kinda explained in my sig.  Based on the Pearl Jam album No Code + the fact I am from the UK.  Originally used in a Pearl Jam forum  in a about 1996 and now used in everything.

Location: Warwick, England.  Home of Englands finest standing medieval castle...u should all visit if you get the chance :)

Interact Member since about Oct/Nov 2002... pre version 9  sort of end of the v8 beta days.  I was on the old board for about amonth I think...

Music:  Many many choices.  Fave genres are all forms of rock and metal (except growly shouty stuff like Sepultura).  Fave bands are Pearl Jam, Muse, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Chili Peppers etc...

The one thing I would like added to MC is: DJ Features like pitch/tempo control and some basic beat matching...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2003, 01:01:37 pm »

Winning Lottery number generator.

This can be done in a Plug-in
Fayetteville, NC, USA

LisaRCT

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2003, 01:09:18 pm »

Winning Lottery number generator.

This can be done in a Plug-in

Guarenteed winners??   :o

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2003, 01:11:47 pm »

-=Tim=-

With the exception of recordings that I made recently, I find this statement to be true  ;D

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2003, 02:00:54 pm »

-=Tim=-

With the exception of recordings that I made recently, I find this statement to be true  ;D

You don't know what you're losing  8)

Listening to: 'It's A Sin To Tell A Lie' from '1935 - 1942' by 'Billie Holiday' on Media Center 10  ;D

Sauzee

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2003, 07:55:01 pm »

Been around Since: July 03

Favourite Type of Music: Roots Rock, World Music, 1950's influenced rock music

Favourite Artist (Top 3):    Albert Lee [best country rock guitarist around], Jerry Lee Lewis, Dougie Maclean [great Scottish folk singer]

Not really a single thing but a general advancement in 1 particular area - using MC as a media cataloguing tool [including our audio CD collections, mp3 cd's, video cd's ...]. I don't feel this side of MC is as well developed as the jukebox area.

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2003, 08:12:06 pm »

>> Age:

A Night To Remember...

sraymond

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2003, 08:17:15 pm »

The meaning of your NickName (If it's not your name):  Nothing fancy.  The concatenation of my first initial and last name.

Location:  California, USA.  I've lived all over, though:  New York, Mississippi, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Okinawa (Japan), and Sicily (Italy).
Been around Since:  Oct 2002
Favorite Type of Music:  Nothing favorite...  classical, rock, folk-rock.  
Favorite Band (Top 5):  Maybe Greatful Dead, James Taylor, Violent Femmes, James, Paganini's 24 Caprice.
The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC.. (Just 1!):  Make Hairstyle the "best" in the business.

Scott-

LonWar

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2003, 09:11:02 pm »

hmmm No one from JRiver yet....

I guess I should have expanded the Other category.... Ooops, I was in a very narrow minded mood..  :P
-

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2003, 09:11:20 pm »

Well, here goes:

The meaning of your NickName (If it's not your name): IMHO, Counting Crows is the best band ever  ;D
Been around Since: MC 9.0, I guess 8 or 9 months
Favorite Type of Music: Blues, Classic Rock, Alternative
Favorite Band (Top 5): Counting Crows, Led Zeppelin, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Matchbox 20, Van Halen
The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC.. (Just 1!): Plugin for iRiver iFP-380T   ;D

--crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2003, 09:22:12 pm »

Name:  Peter Breet, hence pbreet.

Music:  BLUES!

Artist:  Magic Slim, Johnny B. Moore, Johnny Winter, Tab Benoit, Debra Coleman, Allman Brothers,  Luther Allison, Ronnie Earl, Buddy Guy, Tommy Castro, Gov't Mule, Jimi Hendrix, Gary Moore, Son Seals, Ten Years After and Robin Trower. and of course (non-blues) Warren Zevon.

MC Feature Request:  Virtual Albums

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2003, 09:47:51 pm »

Alright, alright.
CVIII is weird roman numerals for Charlemagne8.

My nickname comes from an intersection of Charlemagne and Lafayette Streets in Clarksville, TN, home of the 101st Airborne. I don't live there but I passed that intersection daily for about 6 months whilst working on a surveying project there and thought it was a cool name.

Zevele calls me Karolus which is French for that same emporer dude.
I live in a VERY small "town" about 50 miles west of Nashville, Tennessee, where I grew up, starting 52 years ago. My wife (of 22+ years) would argue about the "growing up" part.

Been around this forum since version 5.  Lurked anonymously until almost version 7.

I like EVERY kind of music (except maybe rap & opera --- like KingS) but partial to Blues/Rock. Absolute favorie is The Allman Bros. (Brothers & Sisters back). I don't much care for the new Allman Bros. -- it's too sad -- although I'm sure they're good. I could listen to The Fillmore Concerts every day and not get tired of it. SRV comes in a very close second.
My favorite genre besides that is Classic Rock. I came of age with Cream, Hendrix, Zeppelin, etc. and so feel most familiar with that type.

The one MC improvement? I'm not sure. Every time I come up with something they seem to do it. Encoding to DVD Audio would be good.  A task-list-building ability in Library Tools would also be nice. I know that's two but they're half-hearted so should only count as one.

BTW ...gamer, JRiver may not respond but they do see this.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

LonWar

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2003, 06:36:11 am »

Ya, I know they see this.... I was just wondering what they are like.... I wasn't expecting them to respond to "What I would like to see added" , I just put that in for fun... Nothing more....

-

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2003, 11:43:05 am »

I guess this is a suitable thread for my landmark 300th post.

Nickname: My last name, plus some numbers to help me remember my wedding anniversary :)

Around since: MJ7/MJ8 beta

Favourite music: uh, dunno, all kinds really.

Favourite band: ever-changing, but I guess I keep coming back to the Pixies.

MC addition: Not sure - probably more user-friendly interface stuff, wizards etc.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2003, 04:37:31 pm »

Meaning of your NickName:
Based on the extreme SI prefix xenno (or 10-27) and uno=one. Also known (to me, that is) as Reverend Xen (Rx) on Sundays when computational guidance is needed.

Been around Since:
Dec 2001

Favorite Type of Music:
Progression from Pop (way young then) to Classic Rock to Alternative to New Age/Opera/Classical

Favorite Bandz (Top 5):
Massive Attack
Lisa Gerrard/Dead Can Dance
Hope Sandoval/Mazzy Star
Enya
Julee Cruise

The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC ... (Just 1!):
Complete separation of criteria strings (ie smartlists) from the searchbox (ala view schemes) and better searchbox placement. Still counts as one wish...call it a searchbox enhancement.

10-27

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2003, 05:08:56 pm »

Meaning of your NickName:
Just something silly which was inserted into my stream of consciousness by the small alien which lives in my left ear...

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia (Yes - I like Vegemite on toast!!)

Been around Since:
Sep 2002

Favorite Type of Music:
Most everything, except for Country and Western, (c)RAP, R&B

(Some of my) Favorite Bandz (Top 10 in no particular order):
Yello
Delerium
The B-52's
Jeff Buckley
The Beloved
New Order
Talking Heads
The Stranglers
Severed Heads
Cabaret Voltaire

The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC ... (Just 1!):
Data interchange (ie. Play Stats etc) between MC clients and Media Server...
Cheers
Rob

bvm

• World Citizen
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2003, 05:12:27 pm »

Nickname: my initials

I've been here since Sep 03, when I got my iPod and looked around for decent software to manage my mostly classical music collection.  MC's the only thing that comes close, though I'm still debating how best to shoehorn classical music into the iPod's limited album/artist/track pop music mentality.  iPod sort of supports the composer field, but only as an index into albums, not as something worth displaying while a piece is playing :-[

The 1 thing I most want out of MC: rip multiple tracks as a unit (comes up a lot in classical).  But dynamic playlists on the iPod is a close second.

fex

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2003, 05:25:41 pm »

Ok, waiting for importing my files again (was my fault...)

The meaning of my NickName:
'Fex' is part of my last name (Felix, don't laugh!). It goes back to my school times (I was around 12 years old).

Location: Switzerland, home of mountains, cheese, chocolate, swiss army knife and (oh, there is some else) Logitech.

Been around Since: Dezember 2002

Favorite Type of Music:
The worst question. Love almost all my tracks.

Favorite Band (Top 5):
1. Heaven 17
2. Sisters Of Mercy
3. The Dandy Warhols
4. Krokus
5. Well, there are so many...

The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC.. (Just 1!):
Very simple: If I choose one album in the panes, I would like to see every single track instead of an album (Album View yes or no...).

Fex

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2003, 04:53:16 pm »

Nick: Well you have to read Phillip K Dick to understand - I've been using it as a handle for a little while now. (My original computer was called Albemuth.)

Been using Media Jukebox/Center for a little over a year now - started following Betas etc. since last May.

Favourite types of Music: Well lots actually - but particularly a Progressive Rock fan I guess - however I listen to all sorts of stuff Blues, Rock, Jazz, British and Irish folk music and Classical (well I spent 16 or so years playing in a Symphony Orchestra).

Faviourite Artists:
1. The Flower Kings
2. Transatlantic
3. Richard Thompson
4. Pink Floyd
5. Eric Clapton
6. Yes
7. Dream Theater

One thing I'd like added to MC?
Umm, functionality to allow it to manage other types of files - even if MC can't natively "play" them. i.e. scriptable support for different file types and better cataloguing etc. support.

Happy New Year to you all!

DJMUK

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2004, 12:59:39 am »

A happy 2004 to everyone.  To answer the questions:

The meaning of your NickName (If it's not your name):
Someone already had registered with my initials so I just added the UK i.e. my location.

Tonbridge, Kent, UK

Been around Since: MJ7

Favorite Type of Music:
Due to my age and lack of time to experiment mainly 50's, 60's and 70's.  However, as long as I can understand the words and it has a tune I am happy.  So I don't tend to like things like Heavy Metal, Punk, etc.  I also like classical but not particularly opera.  I really must try to broaden my horizons!

Favorite Band (Top 5):
The Carpenters, Eva Cassidy, Paul Young, Gloria Estefan, Dusty Springfield (off the topof my head)

The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC:
It's so good it seems rude to ask for more.  I am pleased that HS is coming on as, although I do not use it on a TV, I am partially sighted and the large font make life easier.

David

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2004, 02:55:18 am »

Nickname: first initial, last name. . . I'm just not real creative in that dept and am always afraid I'll forget my login.

Location:  Bay Area, California, USA at the moment, but I'd rather be in Africa

Been around since: a little more than a year ago when I got my first iPod. I vaguely remember the old boards.

Favorite type of music: hmm, well it seems different people categorize it differently, so I'll just tell you who my favorite artists are these days. I have a big collection (over 17.000 songs in MC and still ripping) with a lot of "world" music of various kinds, pop, rock, some country, jazz, opera, classical, etc.

Favorite Band/Artist (at the moment at least): Sara McLachlan, Patty Griffin, Yes (Close to the Edge), Hilary Hahn, Eros Ramazzotti, Noa

1 thing I want added to MC: an "easy" version -- for beginners, particularly those who use it just for music.

Was KingSparta really born in 1912? He has got to be the absolute coolest 91 year old on the planet.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2004, 03:22:01 am »

Hello Folks,

First : Happy new year to all ! Meilleurs Voeux pour 2004

The meaning of your NickName (If it's not your name):
CMAG are just my initials (C=Christian), I addd IC for the fun of wizardness

Born : In Lyon / France and lived for about 30 years in Grenoble

Been around Since : I think it was late MJ6 / early MJ7
In fact the 'Last PLayed' Column in my MC lib says 2,6 years ago !

Favorite Type of Music : I like Rock / Blues / Jazz / etc.. in fact any thing that either makes me feel great, happy,  feels like dancing or singing...

Favorite Band (Top 5) : Rolling Stones (no doubt about that !),  The Boss, Dr John,  Miles Davis, Elliott Murphy, and sooo many...

The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC.. (Just 1!) :
a coffee plugin  (Ethiopian Moka is my vice)  and some abiliity to help me categorize my cookin recipies (like adding a picture for regular files)

Please, folks + families and friends, have a really good, fun and happy new year 2004.

Greetings from France

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

zevele10

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2004, 03:58:17 am »

Elliott Murphy

C'est sorti en CD ?

J'ai tout en lp

rocketsauce

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2004, 04:32:10 am »

nickname: rocketsauce - the title of a Tenacious D song from their HBO episode "The Search For Inspirado". When I get tired of rocketsauce I think I'm going to start using idotherock, after the Tim Curry song of the same name.

born: In 1962 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Graduated high school in 1981. Just turned 41 two days before Xmas.

college/university: Attended San Francisco State Universtiy (in San Francisco, California) for 7 1/2 years. Never finished my degree.  ::)

current residence: Moved to LA in 1991. Currently living in Hollywood and unemployed since March 2002.

my favorite music: During high school in the 70s I pretty much worshipped at the altar of Album Rock Radio.

As the end of high school rolled around and the 80s began, my musical tastes began to expand. Once I was living in San Francisco, I really began to appreciate and love everything from old 70s soul and disco to just about any/every style of 80s music. The 80s was when my record buying was at it's height.

At the end of the 80s, techno and house music were becoming popular and I lost interest in most guitar-based rock music. This phase lasted throughout most of the 90s and it is only the last several years that I have started listening to new rock artists/bands again. But still, the majority of the music I listen to these days is some sort of dance or electronic(a).

Currenly, I own about 2000 vinyl LPS, 800 vinyl 12" singles, 2000 cd albums, 600 cd singles. Almost all of the music on my computer is ripped from my own cds or purchased legally (thru EMusic). I have maybe 15 or 20 mp3s that were downloaded with Kazaa or WinMX.

I don't think I can name 5 favorite artists/bands, but I can name some favorite albums from each decade that will give an idea of the types of music I really like the most:

Elton John - any album from the 70s, but esp. Madman Across The Water
KISS - Alive
The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Soundtrack
Tommy The Movie - Soundtrack
Blondie - Parallel Lines
Malcolm McLaren - Duck Rock
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome To The Pleasuredome
Cocteau Twins - Treasure
Dead Or Alive - Youthquake
Prince - any album from Dirty Mind to Diamonds and Pearls
The Orb's Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld
Orbital - Orbital 2 (the brown album)
Kraftwerk - The Mix
Tenacious D - Tenacious D

the 1 thing you would like to see added to MC: Can't really think of anything. It already has way more features than I need. My primary reason for using it is the excellent organizational and sorting capabilities.

Rob

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2004, 05:59:02 am »

Hi Zev,

Elliott Murphy

C'est sorti en CD ?

J'ai tout en lp

Some of his albums have been re-issued on CD but they are quite difficult to find in stores. I own most of them on LP. Murphy's LPs are easier to find in the numerous Vinyl shops of the "quartier latin".
His last CD "Soul Surfing" was quite good. There is a newer one released last november "Strings of the storm" (2CD) that I Haven't got yet.

Zev, hope everything's allright  for you.

Meilleurs voeux pour 2004, pour Toi, ton ami et famille, santé surtout...

Christian

Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

zevele10

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2004, 06:18:29 am »

Well , i like the first ones more.

When i bought the first LP , i did all the town to find shirts with the same collar ......
Do not know well his last records.

Here a link with a lot of EM songs to  download.
And a lot of good stuff beside it.

BEWARE
Credit card may be in danger if you start to listen to free song

ELLIOTT MURPHY lps are part of the ones i bought two times because of VERY intensive listening.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2004, 10:11:33 am »

NickName: In Minnesota we're all just food for the Mosquitos (affectionately known as Skeeters)
Location: Rochester, MN, though I'm currently in Bogota Colombia adopting a baby girl! :)
Age: 29 (My Mom claims I'm now allowed to get any older because she's not old enough to have a child over 30)
Been around Since: Since V8
Favorite Type of Music: Electronic, Alternative, Classic Rock
Favorite Albums: Depeche Mode - Violater, Rush - Moving Pictures, Dave Matthews Band - Crash
Favorite Artist/Composer: Rush
The 1 Thing You would like to see added to MC: The ability to synchronize libaries (including media files) amongst multiple machines.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2004, 10:39:10 am »

>> Age:

A Night To Remember...

hehehe, LOL

I was wondering if someone would know, I guess the rest of the users Don't have a clue about this date
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zevele10

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2004, 10:48:17 am »

Cause you are born from a po;ar bear ,you are still there....

Better to live on the iceberg than on the boat.
Did not take notice when reading the first time

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2004, 11:20:35 am »

I was just wondering what they are like....

We're shy and reclusive :)

j

LisaRCT

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2004, 11:51:22 am »

I was just wondering what they are like....

We're shy and reclusive :)

j

They are actually a 'secret society' like the Templars . . . .  except with a different mission   ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up