INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Complete/Incomplete Album View Schemes  (Read 1027 times)

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
Complete/Incomplete Album View Schemes
« on: December 28, 2003, 03:27:45 pm »

In response to Marcel's question:
if I create a view scheme with filter 'Complete Album:1' then I get a subset of all my albums (as expected, I have lots of incomplete album tracks )

if I create a view scheme with filter 'Complete Album:0' then I get nothing (I expected the inverse of above scheme)

P.S. does anyone know how MC knows that an album is complete ?

For the 'Complete Album: 0' subset, you need to make sure you type '[complete album]==0' rather than '[complete album]=0' - you need two equals signs to indicate 'exactly equal to'.  I thought that one equals was just 'includes', in which case it should also work... but it doesn't, so I guess I'm wrong :) Another way to make sure is to edit the view scheme again and click on the 'Complete Album:0' which should bring a dialog which lets you select 'equal to' from one of the dropdown lists.

As for the way MC works out if an album is complete, it makes sure that all the tracks with the same album name are in sequential order starting from one and reside in the same directory on your hdd - so it's not neccessarily complete, though it's usually correct for tracks with an album name.

EG: You have some tracks with the album 'Love This City' by 'The Whitlams' and track no's 1,2,3,5 - this would be 0 for complete album: since we're missing track 4.
Same album, tracks 2,3,4,5,6 would also be incomplete.
Tracks 1,2 would be complete, since they are sequential from 1. (MC doesn't know how many tracks the album would have, so it can't guess that... but most albums with sequential tracks are complete... at least in my library).

This was my 'Complete Albums' view scheme search filter: [Media Type]=[Audio] [Complete Album]==1 -[Album]=[]  (note: I added [Album]=[] to filter out all entries without an album name, this cleans up the view quite a bit... this is not needed anymore, it seems Complete Album does it automatically... yay :)).

If I just confused anyone more, let me know and I'll try to explain it better :)

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Complete/Incomplete Album View Schemes
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 02:25:33 am »

Thanks zarius...

The incomplete album thing using '==' is working ok now...

and I understand your explanation of the complete album mechanism :-)

Marcel
Pages: [1]   Go Up