INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TO MJ staff : Upgrading offer : too short notice    (Read 1078 times)

cloubes

• nothing more to say...
TO MJ staff : Upgrading offer : too short notice  
« on: December 05, 2002, 08:12:10 am »

I just got back from a trip and found that I have missed
the upgrading offer to MC9 - I received the email the 21st Nov while I was away !

My comments on this are as follow :

1 - Why doing this offer while MC9 is still in Beta ? common sense will want this offer to be applied after the general release - so you will get more revenue from new purchasers as well.

2 - I could not find any info/brochure on MediaCenter itself - so I do not know what I will loose from MJ8 if I upgrade to MC9

3 - It would be nice if MJ would offer let's say a 10 % cummulative discount upgrade for every user who  recommend MJ to friends ( who get themselves 10% discount on purchase) - Sounds like a Chain , no ? but at least reward loyal customers like me while increasing your revenue dramatically !!!    
4 - I have been an extreme silent happy user of MJ since V7 and would like to congratulate MJ for this. ;D

Thanks for your thoughts :-/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: TO MJ staff : Upgrading offer : too short noti
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2002, 08:35:24 am »

I'm glad you're happy.  Thanks for saying so.

You can see a table of features on a new link ( "Which version..." ) on the Jukebox/Purchase page above.  Here's a direct link:

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/comparison.html

You won't lose anything with V9, except perhaps a little stability right now.  It works very well, but it may crash occasionally.

Reading the instructions thread on the MJ9 board might give you more info.  See "Boards" above.

We don't have much in the way of pictures yet, but try these (they're a few weeks old):

www.jriver.com/~jriver/misc/mj9.jpg

www.jriver.com/~jriver/misc/hairstyle.jpg

There are a lot of other ways we could offer upgrades, as many have suggested.  We had to choose one -- and suffer the slings and arrows.

konicky

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2002, 09:20:08 am »

By the Moody Blues ?   :D
"The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said" (P.Drucker)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2002, 09:24:40 am »

>> and suffer the slings and arrows.

Listening to: 'Me & My Arrow' from 'All-time Greatest Hits' by 'Harry Nilsson' on Media Jukebox Charted At 34 In 1971
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up