INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with trial Version  (Read 1531 times)

Cloud

• I'm a llama!
Problem with trial Version
« on: January 01, 2004, 04:18:59 pm »

:'(I downloaded the 30 day free trial or whatever to try out this software.  After I used it for about a week I decided that I didn't like it and went to unistall it.  I got an error that said, "Unable to read product info" and not whenever I try to delete anything or use my right click menu my operating system crashes and I have to restart my machine.  I have tried everything I know to get rid of it but I cannot.  I even installed the program again thinking that there might have been a corrupted file but that didn't work.   ?

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Problem with trial Version
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 04:32:59 pm »

Sorry.. I don't have the answer to that...

Just curious though... What is it about MC that you didn't like??
What version did you try?

Maybe if there are things that you didn't understand we can help you out... This really is a VERY good Media Program.
-

Cloud

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 04:44:45 pm »

Well I was trying Version 9.1 I think it was.  I thought it was cool that I could connect it to my enterment center and control it with a remote but I didn't like the layout of it....the lack of skins....the way it stole all the file associations...takes to long to load some file - movies.... it wouldn't play some movies that windows media player will play.....when you record there is alot of other noise recorded too... like line noise or somthing.  I think I will stick to ACID for recording my music.  thanks for the reply but this thing is giving me a headache.  I think I might have to do a reinstall of win2k to get rid of this.  I mean there should be a support center with patches or somthing.  I mean they had to have tried this out on ALL windows operating systems.  I just don't understand why this is happening ..... and its not even a BETA version.

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 05:08:22 pm »

I also run Win2K but have never run into that type of problem with MC, and I have had occaision to do an uninstall (albeit it was to do a clean install of MC again as I like & use the program, but the uninstalls have always gone smoothly).
Are there any other factors which may have contributed to this situation arising?  I have had this occur with various other software, but have never resolved what may have caused it.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 06:51:02 pm »

I just don't understand

I Understand, Thanks For Trying Version 9.1 or what ever it was
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio, Music
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2004, 09:47:25 pm »

I mean there should be a support center with patches or somthing.  I mean they had to have tried this out on ALL windows operating systems.  I just don't understand why this is happening ..... and its not even a BETA version.

Well, given that this software was beta tested by many different people with many different PCs, and most assuredly some were Windows 2000, and you're the only one experiencing these problems... it makes it really hard to believe the fault lies with the software.

No offense, but your post makes it easy to feel that the problem may be your computer. For instance, your claim that MC hijacks all of the file extensions is just plain wrong. The installer asks you what extensions you want MC to associate with itself. It's hardly the programmers' faults that you didn't pay attention.

And you found the support center. "Patches" are released nearly every day in the form of a near-daily build of the software. Bugs are reported and fixed and record time around here. Have you tried politely reporting this as a bug?

zevele10

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2004, 01:46:12 pm »

install it again
reboot in safe mod
try to uninstall.
It may help.

By the way the default MC setting IS NOT to be associate with all kind of files.
Just some.
After that you can associate all files with MC ,or none, or part.
But not out of the box.

indiepants

• I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2004, 06:10:56 pm »

I've had this problem as well, and it seems me and the original poster aren't the only ones with the problem:
http://download.com.com/3302-2167-10235446.html

I have the problem on my Windows XP machine. I can't uninstall (MC9.1) using the Add/Remove applet--instead I get the same message described earlier. What's worse, if I right click on any of the drives in My Computer, I get the same error message (wtf?) and explorer crashes.

Again, these exact behaviors have been noted by several people on multiple OSs. I think it's hard to say it's not being caused by the MC install.

So, that being said... I think MC is a very cool program. I'm a shareware developer myself, and have a program that would compliment MC nicely. I plan on coming back to MC in the future and writing some plugins that would let the two programs interact.

In the meantime, it would certainly be nice if someone from J River could let people know how to uninstall this program. I would also like to know (just for knowing's sake) what MC has to do with my drives!

Besides, uninstall problems are so 1997... get with it people ;)

Cliff Williams
Indiepants Software

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 08:30:20 pm »

We will take a look at this and try to find the problem.  Thanks for reporting it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up