INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action Window Suggestions  (Read 2577 times)

skeeterfood

• Citizen of the Universe
  • We're all just food for the skeeters.
Action Window Suggestions
« on: January 20, 2004, 06:22:17 pm »

11. NEW: Retooled "Build Playlist" system in Action Window and unified all playlist creation through it.

This is neat, but I can't find any way to edit an exisiting Smartlist?!? The Search dialog no longer shows the contents of the Smartlist when you select it and there is no Edit Existing Smarlist item in the AW.  However, it seems you can completely replace the current contents of the Smartlist by editing the Search dialog...

-John

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
Media Center 10.0.41 beta available
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 06:36:49 pm »

2. NEW: Action Windows blink for a while when started from outside the Action Window.
Please change this back to the way it used to be. I find it a little annoying, and the first time it did it I was like "what the....!?" thinking that something had gone terribly wrong.

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 06:42:10 pm »

The Search dialog no longer shows the contents of the Smartlist when you select it and there is no Edit Existing Smarlist item in the AW.
Hmm... I don't have this problem... the search bar still shows my smartlist rules.  However along with MGD_King I was surprised when the AW started flashing and though something was broken.  I was even more surprised when I read the message "Drag and drop files here." after creating a -smartlist- :)

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 06:45:04 pm »

I like the new ripping in the AW... (I know that was a few builds ago, but I haven't had a new cd till now), the only thing I do not like, is you no longer see the speed that it rips at....

Am I just missing an option?
-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 06:59:55 pm »

We will probably make the Action Window blink 2 or 3 times and quit.  People didn't notice it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 07:02:53 pm »

It only blinks when started from outside the action window.  When your mouse enters it, it stops blinking.

We're thinking of making the entire program blink to the music next.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 09:05:10 pm »

We're thinking of making the entire program blink to the music next.

Great! Since I usually blink to the music I probably won't notice a thing!  :)

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 09:30:01 pm »

I'm not a big fan of the AW's Playing Now being buried one level deeper; it's very handy for adding songs anywhere in the playing now list and should get centre stage.

My suggestion is this: when the AW's Playing Now is 'minimized' it occupies a small area below the AW.  Why not keep it there, persistently, so that you can toggle easily between it and the AW with a single click?

If not this, can it at least be put back in the root of the AW so I don't have to show people where it is?

-Doug

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 10:52:44 pm »

Where is the 'add playlist' icon? it used to be in the action window...

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 12:17:32 am »

I like the new ripping in the AW... (I know that was a few builds ago, but I haven't had a new cd till now), the only thing I do not like, is you no longer see the speed that it rips at....

Am I just missing an option?

I actually used the "rip speed" indication in 9.1 all the time -- it helps reveal when a CD is problematic.  In other words, if a CD has a section that is difficult to read for some reason, the speed indication will drop sharply.  Even if I'm not present during the rip, I can still see what the last speed was when the rip is done.  If it's unusually low, I can check the tracks right away to see if there are obvious problems.  This saves me from running into bad rips on the iPod later.  It doesn't happen all that often, but this actually has alerted me to tracks that DID have problems on playback.

The speed indication also alerted me to drive issues in the past.  I've noticed the speed drop after having MC open for a while.  Quitting and restarting MC has brought the speed back up to normal levels.  Without the indicaiton, however, I might not realize that the rips were taking longer than needed.

Larry

wuub

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mes Pingouins Aiment MC
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 02:46:39 am »

is there any chance tha AW will remember last settings between sessions ?
It's a bit annoying to have to reconfigure it at every launch.

nila

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2004, 02:46:47 am »

Agree with the comment on 'Playing Now Files'.

This was definitely a frequently used option for me, and I'd imagine for many beginners and so having it at top level made ALOT of sense both for easy access and for making beginners aware of it.

I personally wouldn't think of it in the same space as 'building a playlist'.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
Re:Action Window Suggestions
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2004, 11:21:39 am »

I like the action window, but I just wish there was a way to disable it if possible.

LisaRCT

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2004, 12:03:41 pm »

I like the action window, but I just wish there was a way to disable it if possible.

The Action Window and I have a love-hate relationship, primarily due to it's passive-aggressive nature.  It is also rather fresh . . .  I likes to wink at me.

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2004, 02:12:41 pm »

The Handheld Icon in the Action Window is blinking for 7 seconds. It is not possible to stop it. In this time MC is fried. I don't like it ! :(
Uwe

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2004, 03:02:35 pm »

This would be nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up