INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License Question  (Read 787 times)

krille

• I'm a llama!
License Question
« on: January 24, 2004, 09:28:49 am »

I am a longtime user of Media Jukebox 8. I recently had to reformat my PC and so had to reinstall MJ8.

When doing so, I attempted to restore my license from the "Media Jukebox8-11200.mjr" file I had previously saved, and I received the error "Error installing Media Jukebox license".

From what I can gather, these .mjr files may only be valid for 14 days, meaning that if you reinstall the software after more than 14 days from the last install, you have to restore your license from the web.

I also have the impression that users are only allowed a certain number of web license restores.

This seems problematic -- most people have to reformat their PCs from time to time.

Am I correct in my understanding that .mjr files are only valid for 14 days?

Am I correct in my understanding that users are limited to a set number of internet license restores? If so, how many are allowed?

Am I also correct in my assumption that if JRiver ceases operation, it will not be possible to reinstall the application?

If this is indeed the situation, then I must object. When purchasing the software, I was not aware that I was buying anything other than a license to use the software in perpetuity (as with all software purchases). If this use is limited either by the number of web restores allowed, or depends on the ongoing availability of JRiver's website to perform these restores, then I have no assurance that I will be able to continue to use the software indefinitely.

Please advise ASAP.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re:License Question
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 10:01:35 am »

If you had checked the FAQs at the beginning of this forum, you would have found the licensing FAQ that answers these questions.

j

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:License Question
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 10:23:52 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up