INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.50 beta available  (Read 3673 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.50 beta available
« on: January 27, 2004, 04:33:43 pm »

Media Center 10.0.50 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

Please keep a list of issues you find and report them with each build until we have addressed them.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10050.exe
PLEASE NOTE -- This build may not work correctly with handheld players that are not set to use WMDM -- the iPod, for example.  Please wait a few builds for this.

10.0.50 (1/27/04)

1. Fixed: Action Window art didn't show up properly.
2. Changed: Web views show more informative status in the statusbar.
3. Changed: Search control disables in views that don't support searching.

10.0.49 (1/27/04)

1. Fixed: Showing video properties dialog during DVD playback would stop playback and mess up the display.
2. Fixed: In some situations, clicking "rip cd" would show "Insert audio disk" even when one was already present.
3. Fixed: Download Manager would download files into wrong directory, if directory name did not contain trailing backslash.
4. Fixed: Send To > CD Burner would list individual drives, but then ignore the selection.
5. Changed: Playback time no longer shows negative numbers when switching tracks.
6. Fixed: Customize Current View dialog would be slow on some machines.
7. Fixed: View schemes with multiple grouping levels didn't work properly with "Others" groupings.

10.0.48 (1/26/04)

1. Fixed: Non-silent license acquisition for WMA streams could crash MC.
2. Fixed: Photo Printing Wizard would not work on Win9x / ME systems.
3. Fixed: With WMDM support enabled, potential existed for repetitive initiation of flash drives.
4. Changed: Several tweaks and improvements to Z skin.
5. Fixed: In rare cases, MC could crash when cross-fading between two slow streams or when under high system loads.
6. Fixed: Shuffle and Continuous menu items didn't properly show check marks.
7. Fixed: 'Show All Fields' Tag Info option was not being remembered.
8. Fixed: When not in 'All' Media Mode, the library root item could be erased.
9. Fixed: Play button (space bar) didn't work in Hairstyle's Playing Now.
10. Fixed: Home and End didn't always work properly when viewing image slideshows.
11. Changed: Revised play button logic in Hairstyle so it only plays all visible when in file mode.
12. Fixed: Hairstyle would show the wrong root images when root items were removed.
13. Fixed: CD burner would hang on files that no longer existed on disk but were in the database.
14. Fixed: Couldn't delete files from the burn queue for an audio burn.
15. Fixed: Wrong columns shown in some CD burn/rip scenarios.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jleerigby

Re:Media Center 10.0.50 beta available
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 05:12:15 pm »

When in fullscreen mode (visualisations) if I play another playlist with my remote (Play Treepath=xxx) while one is currently playing the cover art in the visualisation does not update.  I have to stop playback and restart it or just put up with looking at the previous album's cover art.

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 05:29:44 pm »

Since installing build 10.0.49 MC reacts very slowly when clicking the Tools item on the menu-bar. It takes up to 5 seconds before the menu drops down. The other items (File-Edit-Help View-Player) are oke. Installing 10.0.50 does not resolve this, but after installing 10.0.48 back, the menu behaves normal again.
Very strange....

Any clue what's going on?

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 06:24:01 pm »

I'm still getting an issue with my Creative Audigy 2 ZS, ASIO, and MC hanging on buffering the next track.  I can hit pause and the play and it will play about the last 6 seconds of the previous track and then it'll play the next.  Sometimes it will go to the next track with no problem but usually it gets stuck buffering.

On the upside, it doesn't do that stuttering thing when buffering anymore!
Toast goes in the toaster.

LonWar

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 09:05:48 pm »

I'm liking the new tweaked handheld system... It's ALOT better...

Better icon as well!!
-

AZ_JazzyJ

• Recent member
  • Is there anything cooler than baseball?
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 11:34:24 pm »

Just curious, any idea of when the 10 beta versions will support the iPod again?  

Jeff

Bryan

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 11:54:56 pm »

1) When running as a client to Media Server, Cover Art doesn't show up in either Track Info or Standard visualizations.  Works fine for 3D visualizations and also in File Properties/Image.

2) When viewing Track info - Notes field isn't word-wrapped, or not reasonably so anyway.. Scrolls off the right side of the screen.. It's been this way since Track Info was first implemented.

Wish:

Add a "Cycle" mode for 3d Visualizations..

-Bryan

Can't find the 'copy playing now" thing anymore so I'm listening to 'One Way Street' - Aerosmith.  ;)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 03:30:48 am »

Hairstyle does not seem to work any longer with image slide shows!

If I select a new slide show to play, the last selected slide show goes on playing. Also Clear Playing Now does not clear anything.

And some time ago, starting a slide show would immediately switch to FullScreen Mode. Can this be set somewhere or do I have to click the Menu Key every time I select a slide show?

Are the Thumbnails in Hairstyle cached? They are simply too sloooooooow to build up!

TimB

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 04:12:38 am »

Just curious, any idea of when the 10 beta versions will support the iPod again?  

Jeff

:'(

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2004, 06:37:18 am »

Is it possible to get rid of the 'saving database' dialog box ?

It appears on the screen at regular intervals and takes the focus from whatever you are doing. You need to wait for +-5 seconds before you can continue working again...

If this is not possible, could you then at least not display it when MC is minimized into the tray ?

All MC functions are frozen while this dialog box is on the screen as well...

Regards,

Marcel

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 07:06:39 am »

We hope to have the new ipod code in Friday's build.  

AZ_JazzyJ

• Recent member
  • Is there anything cooler than baseball?
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2004, 07:29:56 am »

Thanks Jim, that is awesome!  Look forward to getting back into the testing fray.

Jeff

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2004, 07:56:07 am »

Not sure if this is a bug or I just can't find where you hid it. The menu to display folders recursively is gone.

samarah88

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2004, 08:39:29 am »

Bug??

Not sure if this is a new problem or still a continuation of an earlier, but shuffle is not working if you double-click the album thumbnail. It starts at track #1 and plays through sequentially. However, if I highlight the album thumbnail, then right-click play on the popup, shuffle works fine. I much prefer to double-click the thumbnail.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2004, 09:16:47 am »

Not sure if this is a bug or I just can't find where you hid it. The menu to display folders recursively is gone.

It was removed.  Feel free to start a discussion thread if you feel strongly about it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2004, 10:02:47 am »

I noticed this in previous builds - if you are in the media library - specifically audio (I only use MC for audio) - select an artist and start playing an album - switch to Playing Now and then hit the back arrow to go back to the library - it won't go back - all it does is expand the Playing Now tree on the left.  

I wish the library would stay sticky so that no matter what you did - when you go back to it - it is in the last place you left it - or at least make it an option - with over 20k songs it is a pain to have to reselect an artist, genre, or album everytime.

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2004, 10:44:07 am »

If you are showing Audio in the media library and goto startup options, Audio is there instead of Media Library. You can select it but when MC is loaded it defaults to start.
Also if you have start in Media Library and you are showing Audio or anything else Media Library does not show up in the box, it is blank.
It would be nice if this was changed so you could start up MC in the mode you liked.

Somehow I managed to get it so I could rename "Rip CD" in the action window as if it was a tag item. I could delete and type into it but it had no effect. MC had to be restarted for this to go away as the button did not work, clicking just gave me the option to rename it.

Rich

52girl52

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2004, 12:11:43 pm »

On release of .49 and now .50 the 'Playlist' feature is all bugged up! It was working just fine before release 10.0.49

NOW if I try to highlight the songs I want in the playlist then right click to build the list it doesn't send it to the playlist but to the 'action' window in the bottom left corner. It also makes me type in two seperate entries in the playlist build window but when it's done there is NO listing of the new playlist (say Moody Blues) in 'Playlist' if that makes any sence.

If I close then re-open the program, the playlist entry (Moody Blues) is there but no songs are listed. There is also a '+' sign on Moody Blues but a click on it still doesn't brings up a song list but another empty folder.

Help, did something change? Or is my install (both .49 & .50) bugged up?

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up