INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.56 beta available  (Read 3186 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.56 beta available
« on: January 29, 2004, 05:44:04 pm »

Media Center 10.0.56 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

Please keep a list of issues you find and report them with each build until we have addressed them.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10056.exe
PLEASE NOTE -- This build may not work correctly with handheld players that are not set to use WMDM -- the iPod, for example.  Please wait a few builds for this.

10.0.56 (1/29/03)

1. Changed: In CD burning action window, button shows "Test" when in test mode, "Burn" otherwise.
2. Fixed: Showing Tools and right-click menus could be slow on machines with certain handheld players installed.
3. Fixed: Right-click 'Play' would show an error message.
4. Changed: 'My Computer' view has optional recursive view again. (state won't be saved between sessions)
5. Fixed: In-place editing comboboxes wouldn't fill properly when tabbing between fields.

10.0.54 - 10.0.55

Not released to the public.

10.0.53 (1/28/03)

1. Changed: Two fast clicks on the tray icon won't show then hide Media Center.
2. Changed: Display shows "Cover Art" instead of "None" when no display plugin is running.
3. Changed: Display bars now allow right-click as well as left-click to show menus.
4. Changed: Tools menu could be slow to show on some systems.
5. Changed: Renamed mini-me, MEGA-ME, FullScreen, and Hairstyle.
6. Fixed: MPL import didn't properly handle extended UTF-8 characters.
7. Fixed: Send To > Create Playlist... didn't work properly.
8. Fixed: Starting playback from Theater View left menu didn't work properly.
9. Fixed: Theater View would not update properly when doing commands in Playing Now.
10. Fixed: Theater View 'Reshuffle' command didn't work properly.

10.0.51 - 10.0.52

Not released to the public.

10.0.50 (1/27/04)

1. Fixed: Action Window art didn't show up properly.
2. Changed: Web views show more informative status in the statusbar.
3. Changed: Search control disables in views that don't support searching.

10.0.49 (1/27/04)

1. Fixed: Showing video properties dialog during DVD playback would stop playback and mess up the display.
2. Fixed: In some situations, clicking "rip cd" would show "Insert audio disk" even when one was already present.
3. Fixed: Download Manager would download files into wrong directory, if directory name did not contain trailing backslash.
4. Fixed: Send To > CD Burner would list individual drives, but then ignore the selection.
5. Changed: Playback time no longer shows negative numbers when switching tracks.
6. Fixed: Customize Current View dialog would be slow on some machines.
7. Fixed: View schemes with multiple grouping levels didn't work properly with "Others" groupings.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
Re:Media Center 10.0.56 beta available
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 05:52:30 pm »

I'm suffering MC nightly-build withdrawal symptoms.  Any idea when iPod support will be reinstated?

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 06:03:02 pm »

Hmmm, You changed Party Mode...

It now stays on Party Mode after a shutdown...  ;D
Excellent...

So how about making it not able to change anything in PM?>
-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 06:10:37 pm »

I'm not certain, but I think iPod is working as of this build.  Exercise caution and report what you find.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 06:19:31 pm »

Re: Party Mode

1. You cannot change skins w/ party mode on, but the menu is not grayed out.

2. The option to burn a cd is grayed out in the toolbar, but it is available in the action window.

3. You can still delete files from the media library. This is dangerous, as party mode should not be able to do anything.

4. File -> Library should all be grayed out and not be able to be used under PM. This is very important!

5. Users shouldnt be allowed to change 'file tags' or 'view schemes'

There is probably more that I have not come across yet.  ;)

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 06:19:34 pm »

2. Fixed: Showing Tools and right-click menus could be slow on machines with certain handheld players installed.
Works OK now!
Thanks for the quick fix.

ZRocker

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 06:34:51 pm »

Bug:
1. The dropdown box for Customize Current View's List Style is 'not good'...only shows one item and itty-bitty scroll up & down arrows.  There's plenty of room to show all styles in the dropdown's popup list.

2. The tab order for the Customize Current View screen is not right...after Preset button, it goes to Columns to Show list, then Sorting list and then to Ok button.

samarah88

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 09:06:42 pm »

3. Fixed: Right-click 'Play' would show an error message.

Thanks for fixing this, but....

Double-clicking an album thumbnail to "Play" still starts with the first track when in shuffle mode. Shouldn't right-click "Play" and double-clicking the album thumbnail have the same result?

RemyJ

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 09:09:45 pm »

I'm not certain, but I think iPod is working as of this build.  Exercise caution and report what you find.

Not working yet.  

Everything seems to be inconsistent.  

The number of files reported is inconsistent with the space reported used.  Both are inconsistent with the playlists selected to be synchronized.

Example:  
I select only the TopHits playlist to synchronize.  It has 200 tracks at 1.7gb.
After sync, 63 tracks are reported on the device taking 6gb of space.

Also, the entries under Artists, Albums and Genres are not sorted in any recognizable sequence.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 10:08:20 pm »

Re: Party Mode
1., 2., 3., 4., 5.
(actual message edited for brevity)

I agree completely with sdgrizdan's comments.  Given these facts - 'Party' mode is next to useless... worse even, because it seems to imply (more than implies... quote from Help File - "It grants them full, non-destructive and non-intrusive use...") that people can't change things, so a beginner user might set it up for a party and by the end of the night they may have lost all their tag info or even their files.  

Whilst I'd love a -real- party mode (ie one I can trust with any old fool at a party - excepting changes via explorer - but of course I'd kill explorer and just leave MC running.), I think that having no party mode (until it's secure) would be better than the potential dangers (for beginners at least) of the current mode.

[size=-2]Various quotes from: Zarius.[/size]
1) I'm having troubles playing some files with this build... Specifically it seems to crash every time I play an 'Old Time Radio' file... eg: "1950-04-08 (0001) - Dimension_X_1950_-_1951 - Outer Limit, The.mp3" (from KingSparta)... can anyone else confirm this? (these files play fine in all my other mp3 players, including Winamp 5) MC seems to play the majority of my files fine... just noticed these few dying.

2) MC seems to take a long time to retrieve the list of artists when adding the 'artists' rule to the search field (or clicking on a pre-existing 'artist' rule).... 15 seconds on my machine.  Admittedly that's quite a few artists (around 2400 here), but it still seems like a long time.

3) Also in the search box... if you click in it somewhere so there's a cursor, then hold down shift and click somewhere else in it, it doesn't select the text in between as one expects it would.

4) Image/Get from internet...
This seems to check tracks in no particular order, I couldn't discern any alphabetical or playlist order in the checking... I assumed it would have been in the same order as the playlist?

5) Shift-delete in the search bar still doesn't work... just deletes (it should 'Cut').

1) I completely uninstalled MC and reinstalled... these files play fine now... don't know what the problem was (I've reinstalled all the plugins I was using and still no problems).

2) Still there, though it takes 40 seconds now (with only 450 more artists - 2850 now) - this may be addressed with the new database design, but I thought I'd let you know just in case.
-- Actually, this is getting longer, takes 1 minute now... with no new artists.  Does anyone with a large library have similar behaviour?  I'd like to know if I'm the only one or not :)
--  After a clean reboot and not running anything, this only take 10 seconds now (WinXP, AMD 1600) - looking at the task manager it takes 99% of the CPU the entire time though.. so it's no wonder it takes longer when I have a few programs open (although I'm not going to shut everything down every time I want to click on a search rule).

3) Admittedly not a bug per se (but close), it doesn't work the way one would assume, as per standard windows programs.

4) Again, not a bug per se, but one would assume it would search in order of the selection. (I haven't tested this in the last couple of builds as I have checked all songs for cover art already... but I assume it hasn't changed since it's not in the changelog) - since this isn't of any real detriment (just weird)  & I've already got all my album covers, I wont bother checking this in future.

5) Still there... I keep using it and being surprised when I paste elsewhere with old clipboard data (not to mention losing some search filters I wanted to cut & paste.)

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2004, 12:43:19 am »

* When launching a TV Channel in Theater Mode with Space Bar, it doesn't launch the selected TV Channel but takes the first one in the list.  

* Could we have the recording options and DVD controls in Theater Mode in a more obvious place than in Playing Now/Display Options/... ?
And/Or have MC Commands for these actions  

may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

nila

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 03:22:57 am »

BUG:

3D Visualisations aren't working for me and changing to them is crashing MC.

Changed my graphics card yesterday and it's been happening ever since.

Uninstalled the old one from device manager first, uninstalled all drivers, then downloaded and installed the latest stable drivers for my new card after I installed it.
Card is a radeon 9200 256MB of Ram. Made by a company called: PowerColor.

Nearly all the 3D visualisations are just showing up as a black or a white screen. Chosing some is instantly producing the media core error.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2004, 03:53:15 am »

The "filename (path)" is no longer one of the tag info fields.  This was useful in 9.1 for quick re-location changes without having to do all the extra typing in the "find/replace" function.  This seems like an odd omission given how robust the tag screen is otherwise.

Larry

nila

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2004, 04:18:06 am »

Double clicking on the system tray still makes it shoot in and out, pretty sure this was on the previous fix list that it had been stopped?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2004, 10:32:33 am »

The "filename (path)" is no longer one of the tag info fields.  This was useful in 9.1 for quick re-location changes without having to do all the extra typing in the "find/replace" function.  This seems like an odd omission given how robust the tag screen is otherwise.

I swear it's there.  Dig some more.

Double clicking on the system tray still makes it shoot in and out, pretty sure this was on the previous fix list that it had been stopped?

Slow clicking will.  A fast double-click won't.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SteveG

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2004, 10:54:07 am »

Also, the entries under Artists, Albums and Genres are not sorted in any recognizable sequence.

This is fixed in the next build of MC.

Steve

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2004, 11:53:45 am »

In the "Rename Files from Properties" dialog, the "Assorted" artists checkbox is being ignored or the feature is just plain broken.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2004, 12:09:45 pm »

Found another MJ reference in MC!   ;)

Tools -> Plug-in Manager

If click on the  'Encoder', 'Handheld', 'Input', 'Interface', 'Remotes' in the left tree, the description in the right pane contains MJ instead of MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up