INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CDCovers.cc - Gone for good !!!  (Read 4058 times)

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
CDCovers.cc - Gone for good !!!
« on: November 26, 2002, 11:46:53 pm »

Statement on the frontpage

The money hungry people at the RIAA / IFPI have made it very clear that they don't want us to host audio covers anymore. Its all about money folks and although we are a profit free organization that runs on voluntary basis those scumbags dont give up and want to shut us down through threatening our host.

Its been a great adventure but we cannot afford this anymore. Therefore we have decided to take the audio section offline for good. Thank you all for your support for the past 3 years.
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

graham131

• Galactic Citizen
  • Yadb (get it?) dabba do.....
Re: CDCovers.cc - Gone for good !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2002, 12:35:34 am »

Oh no - This site was fantastic!

zevele10

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2002, 04:25:26 am »

I am very sorry .
This people  RIAA are just fine and great .
They do not deserve  any words not nice .
They are in fact the best incarnation of justice and morality.
Ok ,i take my gun and leave
BYE

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2002, 04:34:40 am »

Zev,
Joking about shooting someone isn't a joke.

I agree that the RIAA has done some dumb things, but I also agree with them that the content belongs to the rightful owners.

Stealing is also not a joke.

Please understand that we're right in the middle.  We need the cooperation of music fans.  We need the cooperation of record labels.  When that happens there will be good quality digital music available.

So don't rip us for trying to cooperate with your "enemy".

nila

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2002, 08:04:21 am »

Jim,
I know it's a touchy subject for you guys and you are stuck in the middle but in all fairness, if the RIAA had their way they'd probably ban the mp3 format and all music that was in it. You'd have absolutely 0 customers if they get their way and put protection on Audio CD's so we cant play them in our computers.

Fair enough the artists have their rights but the only reason the artists are big is because we buy their music in the first place. We are entitled to list to it whereever we want and that includes our pc, ipod, mp3 players, dvd player or anything else we want.

I know they have their rights to protect but they should try for once not to totally ignore our rights in order to get their own.

Also, notice how they all tried to kill napster and all other music programs and then boom, all of a sudden they're launching their own - Stink of a monopoly power trying to make sure they get all the cash to you? Because it sure does to me.

Oh yeah, and P.S. - Anyone know any other good cover sites? That was the best.

graham131

• Galactic Citizen
  • Yadb (get it?) dabba do.....
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2002, 08:42:44 am »

Nila,

Try here.  This is a search engine specifically designed for all type's of covers.

http://mega-search.net/

Graham

KellerDH

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
amazon's covers are nicer than allmusic's, btw
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2002, 09:23:42 pm »

It's a couple extra links to get to it ... but I think it's worth it.  Allmusic's really stink.

Now, amazon's are a bit bigger so they don't fit perfectly into some of the lesser quality info templates, but the better ones squeeze the art to fit the frame ok.  

zevele10

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2002, 12:01:55 am »

If you sell your jukebox $25 and i use a crack ,i steal.
If next week by a twisted and unfair deal you got that the Emusic mp3 can be play only in MJ and you upgrade price to $50 ,using a crack would be giving you what you deserve ,not stealing.

Last week i wanted to try a program fo one of his feature  [ you know which one ]. No access to this feature in the free version,even a 24 hours or 100 songs try .
Kind of pay ,try ,if no good cry.
I got a crack on the web ,still i was not stealling. Do you buy a shirt in a black plastic bag  who not allows you to see the color ,the shape ?

After 2 days ,i was sure about the feature working well.
I was begging since long for such a feature. So i deleted the program and the crack and go to the 'get the plus version ' and bought it.

If i go to Tower and steal the last Z.. cd ,yes i steal
If the last Z.. cd is on the web to sell at realistic price and format =NOT at $1 a song  and NOT on 128 kps mp3-
and i use Kazza to get it ,yes i steal.

But ,because some facist not well brained people do not want to put it to sale , i cannot steal something that do not exist.
So i use alternative ways . In fact not that much for me ,but more to put thousand and thousand songs to give to others .
How they call it ? A node ?If they want my name ,adress and phone number ,they can mail me ,i would give it to them.
On a private level ,spending $ 25 a year ,i have my own way to share ,many on this forum can tell you about it.......

i cannot steal oranges from an apples tree ,or fruits from a plastic christmass tree.

Now it isabout sleeves ,next day..???
yes they are my enemys but they will fall not me.
They will fall as any totalitarist regime fall one day, because it is what they are.
Look like you do not have only to give thanks eating your turkey in your country today .............

Anyway ,i have a way to take revenge ON YOU -not them- : after posting this , i am moving to the 'buy MJ9 " page.
Sure one day or another i will  mess with the licence and give you  work with my help me posts...this is my revenge ....

For a start ,i am less than happy with the december first deadline cause i want to put Pentium 4 on my computer the second half of december and ,sure ,one restore less...

Concerning mp3 128 kps to buy , Emusic is cheap so  i accept they 128 kps ,even if i am not very happy with it

Jazzwolf

• World Citizen
  • Jazz, Classic Rock, Classic 70's NY Salsa
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2002, 06:02:13 am »

Zev,

As always your posts are entertaining and I happen to agree with you 100%. Does anyone really think that the artists are getting any of that money? They shut down a site that only has CD covers?.. unreal. I rip CD's for my own personal pleasure and they are CD's I already own. I just want to be able to make my own compilations, I bought the product and contrary to what they said it is MINE to do with as I wish. I REFUSE to buy a CD that will not work on my computer and that will definitely get returned to the store. I just read where they are manufacturing a DVD that will deteriorate after certain amounts of playing. People, you DO have the power.. just DON'T buy the darn things. It is simple math: If they can't sell them, they won't make them!
It's alright now, I learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself - Rick Nelson

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2002, 06:29:44 am »

I'm going to close this thread now before it develops into something ugly.

Our goal at JRiver is to help users and record labels do business -- with respect on both sides.

Pages: [1]   Go Up