INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bulk metadata download functionality  (Read 724 times)

edp

• nothing more to say...
bulk metadata download functionality
« on: November 27, 2002, 02:42:38 am »

I'm preparing to encode my existing CD collection (about 600 CDs) to MP3 and am looking for suitable encoders and players.
My basic requirements are to:

1/ Encode CD's to MP3 and download metadata (artist, track titles etc) from the internet database(s).

2/ Do the long tedious encoding offline in batches then log on to internet to batch download the metadata for a bunch of CDs in one go, updating the MP3 file data tags.

3/ Have a reasonable search facility in the MP3 player to assemble playlists or select specific tracks, to include i/ artist name search, ii/ track title keyword search, and, as a nice2have, the ability to do compound logical searches (e.g. artist + title keyword ;  and if possible logical AND / OR searches)

I think 1/ and 3/ are pretty commonly available in current burners & players. Difficult one is 2/ - the batch metadata lookup - DOES MJ do this? If not, does any other encoder s'ware?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: bulk metadata download functionality
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2002, 04:38:01 am »

What some people do is to insert their CD's just long enough to get the track info from yadb (while online), then later rip them offline.

Also, once ripped, you can retrieve cover art for many albums at once.

The whole "metadata" subject is still legally a gray area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up