INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.64 beta available  (Read 8416 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.64 beta available
« on: February 06, 2004, 04:44:04 pm »

Media Center 10.0.64 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

Please keep a list of issues you find and report them with each build until we have addressed them.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10064.exe

IMPORTANT -- This build includes a reworked handheld system.  Only IPOD and WMDM players currently work.  Tread lightly if handheld support is important to you.

10.0.64 (2/6/04)

1. Fixed: Certain MP3 files could hang MC when it was analyzing the tag.
2. Changed: No duplicates (~nodup) smartlist modifier shows one of a file with duplicates instead of none of the files.
3. Fixed: Synching bug for playlist transfer to Portables.
4. Fixed: Occasional difficulty recognizing iPod as an iPod.

Not release to the public.

10.0.62 (2/5/04)

1. Fixed: Burning directly from an audio CD was broken.
2. Fixed: After cancelling a CD burn and restarting it, the status fields wouldn't reset to "In Queue".
3. Fixed: Status field was not always updating during a CD burn.
4. Changed: Auto-expand / auto-collapse tree works anytime a tree selection changes. (applies to Favorites, Locate, Action Window gotos, etc.)
5. Changed: Right-click on toolbars gives a "Customize Toolbar..." option.
6. Changed: Right-clicking on the statusbar shows the "Customize Toolbar..." menu.
7. NEW: Alternate playback settings changed in the Player > Player Options menu. (Ctrl+Shift+P)
8. Fixed: Media Center could ask about removing non-existant directories after updating files that didn't point to available files.
9. NEW: Added support for taggin of WMV & ASF files
10. NEW: Added support for file format info for WMV & ASF files.
11. Changed: Auto-save sorting changes turned off by default.
12. Changed: Removed "sort artist as album artist auto" option. (not needed with new sort system)
13. Fixed: Sorting could not be changed in "Customize Current View" if there was only one album showing.
14. Fixed: Problem seeing Media Server when TiVo Beacon shut down improperly.
15. Changed: TV Tuner will switch from "Instructions" to "Display" if channels have been configured.
16. Changed: ID3v1 genre "AlternRock" renamed to "Alt. Rock".
17. Fixed: Dropping files to the Burn CD Action Window would cause MC to lose its scolling and selection.
18. Fixed: Shell extensions wouldn't work reliably when multiple files were selected.
19. Changed: Calculated fields somewhat faster.

Not released to the public.

10.0.60 (2/3/04)

1. Changed: CD burn progress action window shows percentage of CD complete rather than percentage of current file.
2. Fixed: Status bar would get stuck on "Update panes..." in some cases.
3. Fixed: When the CD burn progress action window was displayed, the previous burn action window was still accessible.
4. Fixed: When MC warned about a CD burn that was over the disc capacity, cancelling the burn could lead to a crash.
5. Changed: When starting to stream asf content, MC now shows a "Buffering..." status so user knows what's going on.
6. Fixed: MC was computing the incorrect disc capacity for data CD burning.
7. Changed: Double-clicking on an audio file in a mixed media type list will show the images when outside of Media Library's root.
8. Fixed: Send-To 'External Tool' was not working properly.
9. Changed: When analyzing a web file, MC will display a status dialog after 4 seconds that allows cancelling.
10. Changed: MC silently advances on playback errors and only shows errors if multiple files in a row fail.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JaWe

• World Citizen
Re:Media Center 10.0.64 beta available
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 06:04:49 pm »

2. Changed: No duplicates (~nodup) smartlist modifier shows one of a file with duplicates instead of none of the files.

Does this mean we can finally make smartlists that have only one song per artist?
If so.. BIG thanks..

Edit: yes, it works!! I just made a few new smartlists in 5min and they are best I have ever made :)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 06:17:47 pm »

Auto Expand logic still not as good as before -- an extra step is necessary to get back to "Audio" since the "Media Library" branch always collapses the moment you highlight another item.  The previous logic, which kept the "Media Library" branch open, was much better since it always allowed "single click" access to the most commonly used branches.

Larry

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 06:41:21 pm »

Does this mean we can finally make smartlists that have only one song per artist?
If so.. BIG thanks..

Edit: yes, it works!! I just made a few new smartlists in 5min and they are best I have ever made :)

I'm reading this from work... and can't wait to go home and try it.
I'm so thrilled.....  thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.  ;D

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 06:58:56 pm »

Bugs:
1. With new Auto Expand logic, MC keeps auto-collapsing nodes when you navigate away from a node...PLEASE don't do that, MC, please!!  Or, add an Auto Collapse checkbox that we can disable.

2. On a mass File Move, if MC hits an error (duplicate) and you click Cancel to the error dialog...MC cancels the request, but updates the library to reflect the remaining unmoved files as moved (to the new location, but they weren't).

rocketsauce

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 09:06:00 pm »

Installation does not complete in Win98. Media Center 10 - Install Wizard shows as not responding in Task Manager. When starting MC, receive this error:

Critical Error: Failed To Create Playback Zone

Rob

EDIT:

Tried to uninstall in order to do a clean install, but uninstalling also hangs. Had to to delete files and registry entries by hand and then was able to install 10.0.64.

9O3q1NJ9eyz42Jf9

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 09:36:20 pm »

Bug: Trailing slash is added to end of remotely-localted playlist file names when the path is manually edited.

To reproduce: Try modifying the path of a playlist entry to point it to a PLS playlist file (such as http://radiost.sc.llnwd.net:12570/listen.pls).  Media Center will not let it be changed to this:

http://radiost.sc.llnwd.net:12570/listen.pls

But rather forces a trailing slash on the end, and makes the URL invalid:

http://radiost.sc.llnwd.net:12570/listen.pls/

If you separately set the path to be http://radiost.sc.llnwd.net:12570/ and the file name to be listen.pls, the stream still will not load.

Squibbles

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 11:02:10 pm »

Just tried this, but got two errors.

1. Tells me to initialize ipod after each connect... even though I've already initialized it.

2. Playlists aren't being uploaded. Songs are, but the playlists aren't.

Thanks.

markp99

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 11:45:02 pm »

Similar to squibbles...

MC asks to re-initialize iPod on every connet.  I have re-initialized already successfully. Playists refreshed just fine.

jhelmus

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 01:31:52 am »

upgraded from 10.0.38 finally as i was waiting for the ipod ready version.

all seems fine except i cannot get MC playback on m4p files.

Did i miss something that i needed to do along the way?

Media Center Registered 10.0.64 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2658 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 183 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2004, 01:38:32 am »

This works great with Mp3's.  Thanks guys!

However, I current have a selection of audio (mp3) and video (mpg) music files sorted with my smartlist.  Problem: MC crashes as soon as it plays a video file within the "playing now" list.   This only happen with the new "~nodup" on.

I hope this isn't too hard to fix.   ::)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2004, 01:50:19 am »

Just tried this, but got two errors.

1. Tells me to initialize ipod after each connect... even though I've already initialized it.

2. Playlists aren't being uploaded. Songs are, but the playlists aren't.

Thanks.

I think the question is there to remind you that you need a "new" initialization with this version.  There is a check box on the notice that will stop that message from reappearing.  That said, iPod support is completely broken for me with the last couple builds.  I get either 1 or 2 songs for each album uploaded, the rest are missing.  See the "iPod" thread for all the iPod issues I'm having with the iPod on the latest builds.

Larry

Squibbles

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2004, 02:28:05 am »

Yeah, I have already reinitialized it upon installing v10. But that's not a very big problem.. it's the playlist bug that's bothering me.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2004, 02:34:58 am »

hi!

i just installed the new build (.64) and i still cant get smartlists that dont have duplicates, i create a smartlist with 5 and 5 stars only, a data cd worth of music and other stuff as you can see below:

[Media Type]=[Audio] ~sort=[Random] ~n=100 [Rating]==4,=5 [Last Played]=>=4320 [media type]=[audio] [duration]=<600 ~nodup=[artist],[name],[album]

yet still i get 3-4 songs from the same artist every time, it even defies normal statistics  ;). what am i doing now i understand its supposed to be fixed in this build?

thx alot in advance

Zeltak

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2004, 04:18:05 am »

Yeah, I have already reinitialized it upon installing v10. But that's not a very big problem.. it's the playlist bug that's bothering me.

The playlist bug is at the bottom of my problem list.  To me, the biggest bug is that 90% of the files that are supposedly transferring over do not show up on the iPod -- i.e. the "one file per album bug."

I think it's important to mention to the J River people that going back to an earlier verison of MC does not work for me since I need Audible support.  In other words, this isn't simply a matter of version 10 not working with the iPod -- NONE of the versions of MC (including 9.1.316) works properly with my iPod.

Larry

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2004, 04:20:41 am »

? I want my albums to display in a sort order of most recent first. When I have this set up as I like, the sequence is Artist (1), Date (year) up-arrow(2), Album (3), Track # (4). But I can't get it to stick, either within a session or as the default. The Date (year) field always drops out of the sort if I click away from the group and come back, or restart MC. It seems to be specific to the Date field behavior.

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2004, 04:35:58 am »

I'm having the same problems as RocketSauce with Win98SE. Installation and uninstallation both hang. I've deleted the JRiver program folder and then reinstalled ok. I did'nt need to delete the registry entries which is just as well as I would'nt have a clue how to do it. I've lost all my views however which is real annoying but at least I'm MC'ing again which is soooper

Have a good weekend all - JIm

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2004, 05:12:50 am »

Problem: MC crashes as soon as it plays a video file within the "playing now" list.   This only happen with the new "~nodup" on.

BUG:  :'(
I uninstalled MC and installed this version to find that MC crashes when playing mpg videos .  It's not related to the ~nodup.  

I went back to prior version 10.057 and everything works fine. :-\

Pinter

• I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2004, 06:44:26 am »

After upgrading to the latest beta (10.0.64) from  10.0.30 MC cannot play anymore my iTUNES aac encoded files. When i press play in any list with mp4 files the highlight bar jumps from one song to the next in the list playing maybe 1sec from each.

Cheers

andreas
=======================

Intel Pentium 4 2783 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 193 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

wickesy

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2004, 07:01:15 am »

hi!

i just installed the new build (.64) and i still cant get smartlists that dont have duplicates, i create a smartlist with 5 and 5 stars only, a data cd worth of music and other stuff as you can see below:

[Media Type]=[Audio] ~sort=[Random] ~n=100 [Rating]==4,=5 [Last Played]=>=4320 [media type]=[audio] [duration]=<600 ~nodup=[artist],[name],[album]

I could be wrong but I think this will only take out duplicates where artist AND name AND album match.

ZRocker

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2004, 07:24:44 am »

Bug:
1. Return of old CD burning bug:  MC says I'm over burn capacity when I select 700mb (seems to top out a 685mb for some goofy reason).  Yet, I continue on with the data burn and it burns fine.  

ferran9

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2004, 08:26:23 am »

Could be the action panel have to option to hide/show (expand/collapse)?  why??

Cos unless people are ripping, burning, tagging, etc, all day long or very very very often, then I don't see the point on having the action pan all the time taking much of the precious space used by the treeview.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2004, 11:08:56 am »

When ripping CDs with .64, the Action Window improperly displays the percentage of the completed rip. It displays it as what appears to be the rip speed but progresses along as if it's a percentage. And when it reaches 10.x, it is displayed as the picture on the right no matter how wide I make the library/Action Window.

Media Center Registered 10.0.64 -- C:\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 2151 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 702 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

bmunroe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Where ever you go, there you are
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2004, 02:14:04 pm »

MC crashes when trying to init my iPod.  It also crashes when I try to "rebuild DB from iPod"

Brian

Intel Pentium III 150 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 102 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2004, 03:06:02 pm »

You can click and drag an item in a pane onto another item in the same pane, but nothing happens.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2004, 10:02:49 am »

EQ SDK Problem?

after some more testing On My New Plug-In EQ Master, i have found it is not my code it is Media center (I Think).

Tests:

Save: 35
Get: 32
Save: 36
Get: 35
Save: 37
Save: 38
Save: 39
Get: 38

As to where the problem is (get or set) i have no clue, but it looks to me like there is a problem with the SDK.

If anyone knows where i messed up let me know but i think this is straight forward.

here is what i used to test, and it happens to all eq bands and pre amp

Private Sub Command1_Click()
' Save Values
    Dim MCMixer As MediaJukebox.MJMixerAutomation
    Set MCMixer = g_MJ.GetMJMixer

' Save MC Mixer Values
Call MCMixer.SetEQBand(0, Val(Text1))

End Sub

Private Sub Command2_Click()
' Get Values
    Text2 = ""
    Dim MCMixer As MediaJukebox.MJMixerAutomation
    Set MCMixer = g_MJ.GetMJMixer

' Get MC Mixer Values
    Text2 = MCMixer.GetEQBand(0)
End Sub
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dynamic

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2004, 10:46:28 am »

m4a DO NOT Play in build .60 on....work fine in .57, i think this is a pretty big issue.  for awhile i thought it was something wrong with my comp but its def. the software.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2004, 10:54:07 am »

m4a DO NOT Play in build .60 on....work fine in .57, i think this is a pretty big issue.  for awhile i thought it was something wrong with my comp but its def. the software.
Can you try the current build?

jleerigby

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2004, 02:51:38 pm »

MC is disabling my screen saver.  I've done a lot of tests and investigations to find out what programs and circumstances cause the screen saver to get disabled.  I've narrowed it down to when I've used MC in full screen mode.  I use mjextman commands to select the various views and sometimes use escape to go from visualisations back to standard mode.  Then my screen saver will no longer kick in so I suspect MC is disabling it for full screen mode but not re-enabling it.

This is a big problem on a Plasma monitor as I need to be able to walk away in the knowledge that the screen saver will protect me from screen burn.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2004, 04:47:59 pm »

This is an important bug.
I accidentally dragged all my files into the Genre/subgenre scheme (I thought I had only a few files selected), and my entire database now has Rock as a genre and alt-rock as subgenre.  Ok, human error.

However, when MC asked if I really wanted to update my tags for so many files, I said No and it did it anyway.

Addendum:

I was able to a) fix the problem using a backed up database then updating tags from database; and b) get more info on the bug (feature?)

MC seems to update the tags first, then you get the dialog box asking if you are sure you want to update so many tags, it could take a while, etc.  When I fixed my problem by updating the tags, I said YES this time, and within 2 seconds the dialog box was gone and the entire process over. So... I guess that warning should come before the tag changes, not after.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2004, 06:42:30 pm »

When the "update tags from database" process is over, the dialog box confirming which tags have been changed is not accurate: it leaves things out.  It told me I was updating three specific fields (probably accurate) but it did not tell me I was updating the "genre" and custom "subgenre" fields.  I was almost tempted to cancel (although by then it is too late--see previous post) because the changes did not reflect what I knew had changed.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

dragyn

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2004, 07:41:04 pm »

Fonts:
Changing fonts doesn't update Action Window. Positions (toolbar), and others, are not updated. (restart)

Action Window:
Left column isn't using same font as right column. (Tag Info)
Clearing Playing Now doesn't clear/update window.
Disabled Vertical Scrollbar shows when unneeded. (Would look better hidden.)

Skinning:
<Frame> "CloseButton", "MaximizeButton", "MinimizeButton", and "RestoreButton" doesn't use mouse over images.
<GroupBox> "CaptionArea' is extending the right side too far when there's a & in the text.
<Scrollbar> "Background" is only using first image for all types. Handles and Arrows change.
<ComboBox>/<Edit>: Arrows and Text are skinned; Drop down list / Selected text isn't. Not even using the right scrollbars.

Using different fonts changes position of player controls (display area; player buttons; search window). No way to keep a fixed position. Going from large to small keeps positions. Restarting changes position.

Requests:
SE: <List> "CurrentBack"
SE: <Tab> "Back" Color/Bitmap
AW: Lyrics Section (File properties)

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2004, 07:43:52 pm »

Find/Replace reports erroneous message: it says it has not updated the files, but it has.

To reproduce:
Copy files from one drive to another
Find/Replace full path
MC says it has not updated the following files...
But it has. Files play correctly.

To make sure MC wasn't still referring to the original even though the database was pointing to the new file, I renamed one of the originals. MC  played the file.

If you try to repeat the process, which you would because MC says it hasn't updated the files, you then get asked to overwrite the files. This explains the problem in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=18890

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2004, 07:54:39 pm »

Could You Please Fix This:

When You Send Files To Lable Maker And Select Have Cover Art Put On The Case And The Cover Art Picture Is Missin You Get A Big Nice Red X On The Label

I Am Not Sure Why I Would Want That Red "X" On There And Malcom Is not One Of The Artists
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2004, 08:36:33 pm »

Here Is A Picture: I think It Happens When Image Is Blank And The Path Is Wrong Or If The Image Is A GIF And Was Saved Internal As A Jpg (Bad Extender).

Fayetteville, NC, USA

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2004, 10:22:11 pm »

BUG?

When I am changing Tag info, if I make a change in a field, but I DON'T click on another field, and i click on another SONG, the field I had changed in the previous song updates that field in both the original song (the one it's supposed to) AND the song I just selected (not supposed to).  I have been editing tags all day, and could not figure out why some fields were updated when i didn't do it.  I knew it must be a bug, but until just now, I didn't know how it was happening.
pretend this is something funny

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2004, 02:08:33 am »

Hello all!
This is my first post to the MC forum. I have upgraded my MC9 license to MC10 just some days ago, and in total i'm very happy with this great application.

As i am a happy iPod owner, the iPod support in MC is very important for me. It seems you have changed heavily the way the iPod cooperates with MC in the last few builds.

In 10.0.64, the iPod is simply not usable. It looks like it's synching OK, but i can't access all of my files on the iPod for several reasons. I'm using a large collection of playlists to get music on the iPod, rather than dragging-and-dropping single songs or albums (that would be a very tedious task on a 40GB iPod (; ). Of course, i did a "initialize iPod" command before synching.

- The tracks are no longer stored on the iPod with numbers as filenames, but with their original filename. Files with special characters (like german umlauts φόδ) will not play on the iPod (it simply skips them).

- Playlists are beeing synched only on a second or third sync, but are "empty" most of the time on the iPod. This means i can see the playlist itself, but it has no (or only a few) files in it.

I have reverted to .59, and everything is running smoothly again now.

ged

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2004, 04:41:35 am »

I re-initialised iPod but Media Centre crashes every time I try to Synch, so have reverted back to previous version.

dynamic

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2004, 07:02:48 am »

i was using the current build and i was having the same problem.  the m4a would play for less than a sec. and then skips to the next song and the next song.....it won't play the entire song unless i move the timeline bar at the start of the song.  which frankly is a pain.  i'm not sure if anyone is experiencing the same phenomenon.  is it something in my settings, i'm using quicktime 6.5, but since it works with build .57 i don't think thats the problem.
Can you try the current build?

LonWar

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2004, 09:23:25 am »

When uploading tracks to Nomad Jukebox 3, it hangs at the screen that has the status bar in the AW...

The Nomad worked with previous versions.
-

SteveG

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2004, 11:24:39 am »

jhelmus,

Try copying one m4p with iTunes one time and then see if you can play m4p Ok on iPod using MC.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up