INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One more try: How to buy a V8 license  (Read 993 times)

elgibby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Red Sox
One more try: How to buy a V8 license
« on: November 27, 2002, 07:12:26 am »

I still haven't figured out how to do this from the FAQs, nor have I received an answer. Inasmuch as I'm away from my home computer and won't be back till Dec. 1, I'm probably SOL, but here goes anyway:

I own MJ Plus; I'm running V8 on a V7 license. The "buy MJ" function in V8 is grayed out because I already own it.

So how do I buy a V8 license?

Thx, I hope

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: One more try: How to buy a V8 license
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2002, 09:04:41 am »

I still haven't figured out how to do this from the FAQs, nor have I received an answer. Inasmuch as I'm away from my home computer and won't be back till Dec. 1, I'm probably SOL, but here goes anyway:

I own MJ Plus; I'm running V8 on a V7 license. The "buy MJ" function in V8 is grayed out because I already own it.

So how do I buy a V8 license?

You can visit the purchase page directly.   Be sure to choose the correct product.

https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/buy.cgi?

elgibby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Red Sox
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2002, 10:01:07 am »

Thanks, Jim

Unfortunatley, this comes too late becasue I won't be home to download the key before Sunday night (Dec. 1).  And I'm not suggesting the price diff will break the bank; the software is still a bargain at full price.

However, I tried again to find the page you provided the link to, starting from MJ home and working through the FAQ pages. If it's there, I must be blind.

I don't understand why you couldn't simply have typed that link when I first asked the question three or so days ago instead of advising me to "read the FAQ."

OK. That's off my chest.

Have a good holiday, Jim, and everybody.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2002, 10:13:02 am »

I didn't give it because you normally have to have installed the software first.  We've had problems with people going there without having installed and then complaining about why it wouldn't work and that they had to use up a restore.

Believe me on this -- if it's in the FAQ, I don't want to repeat it because it often adds to the confusion.  The FAQ is carefully worded and re-worded until we end up with the fewest complaints.

It's in the answer for the last question on the V9 FAQ but the question is different than yours.

Part of the difficulty is we now have a lot of customers with 3 different versions of programs and 3 different licenses.  That's 9 possible _major_ scenarios.  And then there is "I've got a version 9 program that I upgraded from version 8 and it doesn't work with my version 7 license.  What the heck?"

That's a long-winded way of saying that the FAQ does a lot better job usually and it saves us a lot of time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up