INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standard 10 Key Control of MJ  (Read 768 times)

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
Standard 10 Key Control of MJ
« on: February 10, 2004, 11:03:37 am »

I am using the latest version of MC9, and absolutely love it.  I am just finishing up 18 months of treatment for a Brain Tumor, (all is going well) but I need a vacation, so I am planning on driving up and down the east coast with my laptop providing a temporary solution rather than bringing all my cd's.  

Here is my question.  I have to log in to the computer anyway, so I don't mind having some interaction with my laptop, but I would like to have a simple way to do a couple of things.  Next, previous, Play/Pause, Stop.  Any playlists that I create, I will create and load after I boot up the machine for the day.  I mayb fill the 6gb of space that I have in the playing now, and let it fly.  Volume will not be a problem either as that can be contolled through the stereo.

The quesiton is, can I use a 10 key keypad, and map funtions to it, and could someone point me in the write direction?  I am no programmer, so I was hoping to get somthing that was not to tough.  I do not have the 10 key yet, but maybe it will be come apparent when I bought it.  The idea is I don't want to spend a lot of money on this, as it is only a 3 month trip, then I need to think about returning to work with my laptop.

Thanks  Drew

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Standard 10 Key Control of MJ
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 02:06:42 pm »

Hi Drew,
Glad you're done with treatment.  The drive sounds like fun.

My two thoughts would be using a mult-media keyboard (something small?) or an IR receiver and a remote.  UIRT2 (USB IR receiver) is supported.

Here's a little more:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/remote.html

MC Options has a remote section.  Any universal remote could be programmed.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Standard 10 Key Control of MJ
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 02:28:41 pm »

You can also use Girder (http://www.girder.nl) with the bundled GML.

You would find the functions you wanted to control within the GML and learn the keypress you wanted to use to activate the function. Any keyboard/keypad should work with this setup.

Best,
Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up