INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.71 beta available  (Read 3494 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.71 beta available
« on: February 16, 2004, 05:21:40 pm »

Media Center 10.0.71 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

Please keep a list of issues you find and report them with each build until we have addressed them.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10071.exe

IMPORTANT -- This build includes a reworked handheld system.  Only IPOD, WMDM, and Nomad Jukebox players currently work (for Nomads, please install new plug-in 9.0.33).  Tread lightly if handheld support is important to you.

10.0.71 (2/16/03)

1. Fixed: Track artist names in CD-Text were not being read properly for CD's new to MC.
2. Changed: Using the smartlist "No Duplicates" shuffles before running so there aren't a lot of track #1 files.
3. Changed: Default sorting uses 'Album Artist (auto)' instead of plain 'Artist'. (affects SDK / automation / NetRemote as well)
4. Changed: Root of "Quick Play > Media Library" menu no longer shows view scheme items next to child view schemes.
5. Changed: Album Analyzer doesn't consider an album a mix album unless it is also complete -- will cause far less false (Multiple Artist) entries on less organized libraries.
6. Changed: Media Center includes an improved "Green Eyes" skin.
7. NEW: Added Tree & View option "Auto collapse tree." (on by default)
8. Fixed: When selecting a handheld player in the Action Window that couldn't initialize, MC would show an error message repeatedly.
9. Fixed: Showing a handheld that wouldn't initialize in the tree would throw several identical message boxes.
10. Changed: Copy (and cut) in the search box does a better job of copying the selection instead of always full tokens.
11. Fixed: OGG files couldn't be burned to an audio CD.
12. Changed: Drive letter from CD burning session is remembered for subsequent burn sessions.
13. Fixed: Problem sending tag info to portables with a '|' character.
14. Fixed: Playcount and Rating synching to MC from Portables.
15. Fixed: "MC not responding" message during initialization of Portables.
16. Changed: Reworked removable drive player synchronization to be compatible with new synchronization in MC.
17. Fixed: The error reporting mechanism for secure rip mode was broken.
18. Fixed: Entering trailing / leading slashes in the Send To > Web or FTP dialog would cause errors.

10.0.70 (2/13/04)

1. Changed: Changing the frame rate of visualizations no longer requires a playback restart.
2. NEW: Search post process commands (start with ~) are evaluated in order, and multiple of the same command can be used. (some advanced smartlists may need to be tuned to work)
3. Fixed: Smartlists wouldn't update on-the-fly while editing them.
4. NEW: Added an option to "Auto show when playback stops" to Theater View.
5. Fixed: Starting TV playback from Theater View wouldn't always start with the correct channel.
6. Fixed: Playing Now wouldn't always update properly when removing duplicates.
7. Fixed: Download Manager was leaking memory.
8. Fixed: MC was incorrectly reporting duration of streams in ASX files.
9. Fixed: Handheld action window was accepting streaming files.
10. Fixed: Better checking is done regarding the type of files being dropped onto a Handheld device.
11. Changed: Auto selection of CD burn mode (audio or data) happens in some cases, depending on file types.
12. Fixed: iPod playlists would not save if player disconnected from outside of MC.
13. Fixed: WMDM uploads broken in last MC build.

10.0.69 (2/12/04)

1. Fixed: Smartlist search bar was always disabled.

10.0.68 (2/12/04)

1. Fixed: Errors during on the fly conversion of files to portables.
2. Fixed: Rename of tag info on portables.
3. Changed: Rename of tag info will not allow changes to Artist, Album, Genre, Name or Track Number on handhelds.
4. Changed: Handheld transfers require more squish space on large players. (for the database, etc.)
5. Fixed: Smartlists with random track listings did not synchronize with handhelds properly.
6. Fixed: Synchronizing information back from a handheld player could cause playcounts to get bumped twice.
7. Changed: Date sorting no longer sorts new items to the top by default.
8. Changed: Global search bar disables when in smartlist views so it isn't confused with main smartlist search bar.
9. Changed: Edit menu item (F2) disables when a non-editable field is selected.
10. Fixed: When MC would encounter a missing file, it would skip it but not start playing the next file.
11. Fixed: Visualization Studio wouldn't properly update visualizations when making changes.
12. Changed: 2D visualizations use DirectX for drawing by default.
13. Fixed: Better checking is done regarding the type of files being dropped on a CD to be burned.
14. Changed: The previous type of CD burn (audio/data) is remembered for subsequent burn sessions.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Media Center 10.0.71 beta available
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 07:12:12 pm »

Matt, with this build, synchronizing my Archos MJB20 has become very difficult. It seems that the Option "Display files in subfolders" is broken. When I start MC, it reads all the files from my Archos. It takes minutes. (I have 1700 files on the Archos). Every time I click an option on the handheld-icon MC reads the files again. So I have to wait some more..... Setting the option "Display files in subfolders" to "Off" does not make any difference. That worked in earlier builds (70).

Also, after a (succesfull) sync, MC now displays an "Handheld error: Failed to add playlist 'Muziek': (1183 files)". 'Muziek' is the playlist I use to synchronize my files to the Archos. What does this message mean?

?

Update: Installing the handhelds plugin from MC 10.0.70 (9.0.97) resolves the problem with the reading of files on my Archos all the time. The "Handheld error" remains active, though.

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 07:42:24 pm »

In Options->CD Writer I choose a CD Writer, in my case I choose J:

So why does it always show K: when I choose Burn CD in the action window?  Then I have to select J: (again)

What is the point of choosing a CD Burner in Options->CD Writer if it's not honored when I actually choose to burn a cd?

Am I missing the point of choosing a CD Burner in Options->CD Writer?

I'm confused again.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 07:50:26 pm »

So why does it always show K: when I choose Burn CD in the action window?  Then I have to select J: (again)

What is the point of choosing a CD Burner in Options->CD Writer if it's not honored when I actually choose to burn a cd?

In options you're choosing which drive you're currently configuring, not what drive will be used or will be the default.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 07:51:50 pm »

When MC finishes burning a disc, it asks if I want to burn another copy.  When I say yes it ejects my disc and asks for a blank media.  I simply push the drive back in (it already has blank media in it) and it burns fine.  This happens whether or not I have the media in the drive for a minute or so (to initialize), in fact I inserted a blank disc and waited for 5 minutes then said to burn another copy and it still ejected, then started ripping as soon as I closed the drive again.
pretend this is something funny

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 07:58:20 pm »

In options you're choosing which drive you're currently configuring, not what drive will be used or will be the default.

Okay, I understand what MC is trying to accomplish.  

And when you say it now saves the burner "between sessions", I've tested that and it means it saves the selected burner between MC start/stops, at first I thought it meant only repeated burns in the same MC run.

I can easily live with this, since I only have to select the burner once at run time, after that it remembers it.  Thanks.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 10:11:27 pm »

1. The option to 'start in last location' does not work if Audio filter is applied to the Media Library;  MC starts in the 'start' page instead.

2.  Audio CD playback pauses in the middle of songs while MC10 is buffering.

3. MC10 will not play files from WMDM portable device if I double click them from within MC10 (Error message: MC cannot play files from this device).  However, when I click on the same file in Windows Explorer MC 10 plays it just fine.

4.  MC 10 doesn't read the tags correctly from WMDM iRiver (Artist, Genre, bit rate, etc.., are blank), while Windows Explorer displays the tag information from the iRiver correctly.

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2004, 11:56:31 pm »

everytime i load up mc i get a little text box that says

"run time error: 13
type mismatch"

i click okay then im fine - any idea whats wrong?

thanks

udeups

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 03:11:19 am »

Access Control seems to be broken for me. If I:

1. select View > Access Control...
2. enter password
3. hit Advanced...
4. change the search text to a master exclude playlist I have
5. hit OK
6. perform steps 1 and 2,

I find that the search field is set back to the default - Access Control = R, PG-13, etc... ie. my entering the smartlist for the search field was lost...

Can anyone else verify this?

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 03:42:56 am »

With this version of Media Center, and version 9.0.33 of the Creative Nomad Plugin, I'm finding that performance is terrible.

As soon as MC starts up, it sits there for a number of minutes while it is "Gathering Information & Updating View".

I had 501 tracks on my Nomad, amounting to some 3.5Gb, and I wished to clean it off and start fresh. I selected all the tracks in the Nomad, and hit "Delete", after confirming that this was what I wanted I waited, and waited and waited, while MC displayed a "Deletion in Progress..." dialog window with a progress meter on it which didn't seem to be doing anything at all. During this time, MC's CPU use varied a lot, anywhere from 40% to 90% on my server. I also noticed that the memory used by the "Media Jukebox.exe" process seemed to keep growing and growing, it was at 142Mb and rising, by the time I gave up on it. MC was effectively "frozen" during this. I tried to cancel and/or exit MC, but I couldn't seem to get any response out of it, until I used the Task Manager to kill the process.

I then fired it up again and tried the same thing with ONE track, and it just sat there with the "Deletion in Progress" dialog open, starting to eat memory again, when after about 3 minutes, the file dissappeared, the dialog box closed, and memory use shrank back to around 16Mb.

I use Alcohol software to create a number of virtual CD drives with CD images mounted on them, and this also seems to slow MC down badly,as it takes a long time to analyse devices.

As it is, the Nomad Plugin is pretty well unusable for me currently, and using MC at all on my server machine is not a pleasant experience if I have the Nomad plugged in.

Media Center Registered 10.0.71 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1102 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 180 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive G:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive H:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive I:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive J:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive K:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive L:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52327S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Cheers
Rob

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 10:33:33 am »

Yep, fixed, I'm no longer getting 100% on Cds that look like sand paper, could you change it back  ;)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2004, 11:12:32 am »

Yep, fixed, I'm no longer getting 100% on Cds that look like sand paper, could you change it back  ;)

They were supposed to 'fix' it so the 100% WAS right, not so it reported lower numbers, d*mn  :-X
pretend this is something funny

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2004, 01:15:12 pm »

This has been true for the last several versions -- when burning a CD, I say to add CD Text. However, it does not pick up the Artist Name on a multi-artist CD (just sticks in Various).

Can this be fixed?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2004, 02:13:57 pm »

This has been true for the last several versions -- when burning a CD, I say to add CD Text. However, it does not pick up the Artist Name on a multi-artist CD (just sticks in Various).

Can this be fixed?

This should have been fixed in build 71.  Please try it this build if you haven't yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up