INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting Files  (Read 639 times)

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Converting Files
« on: February 18, 2004, 04:54:20 pm »

Hey all...

I have all my Library on .ape and now I need to make a copy in mp3 for my car and handheld.
I have a few questions...

I tried to convert using VBR Normal High Quality.. That size seems ok and the bit rate is good for a car. However it takes forever to convert 1 track... It took about 3 min to convert a 5min track, is that normal?

The other thing I noticed and do not know how to change is that the file location that it is going is Album Artist instead of artist.

I went into options , File location and it's set for Artist so I have no idea....

Thanks,
-

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Converting Files
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 06:00:18 pm »

On a 5 min 30 sec ape, it took 30 sec to decode to wav and 2 min to encode to VBR Normal/High for a total of 2 min 30 sec. This is on a 700 MHz PIII & W2k. Your numbers are about right...LAME surely isn't the fastest encoder around.

I tried it again with ogg @ q 8. Same results as above (yes...I am surprised...my MP3 number may be wrong...may be a minute to low...but maybe not...MC is using LAME 3.93.1 and/or is NOT using the presets -aps/-ape). When using EAC to encode after a rip, oggenc.exe is much faster than LAME.exe (3.92) & -aps.

No advice on 2nd part.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up