INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting CDA: Version 9.1.316  (Read 1133 times)

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
Converting CDA: Version 9.1.316
« on: February 21, 2004, 07:08:21 am »

I have a dumb question.  I work from on Directory called "My Music"  All my music is MP3 VBR.  I would like to convert 1 set of files that are in CDA format but when I try to do so I can not see the files in MC.  I have imported the files, first checking to see that it will import .cda files, and it is checked, and I get a message that it scanned the 10 files, that 0 new files were found, it failed to import 0 files, and the details say that MC did not find any new files to import.  I want to convert them to MP3, but since I can't see them, I can not convert them.  I have tried putting them on my firewire drive, and on my local C drive and I still can't get them to be seen within MC.  Any Suggestions

Drew

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Converting CDA: Version 9.1.316
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 08:08:37 am »

CDA files are not music files...they are like an index file or link. Proof: Check out the file properties (via explorer) and look at the size...they'll be like 10 bytes or so. The only way to get the music off the CD in a format that MC understands is to rip to wav (always the first format in the conversion chain).

10-27

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 08:56:23 am »

That would explain the size of the files as well as why I could not get it to convert.  I shall try again.

How do I get them to wav files.  I seem to remember you could rip your cd's to wav and then overnight do a batch to turn them into whatever file you choose.  I tried putting the encoding setting s to wav, but I am still getting the slow copy that I was before?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 09:36:55 am »

If you are having trouble ripping, your drive may be set to PIO.  Please try a search here for PIO.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 10:00:45 am »

You don't have to rip to wav...pick any format. The rip chain looks like this: CD Audio>wav>(ogg, mp3, etc). It is a totally automated process...unless wav is your destination format.

Slow rip? How slow? You will usually see numbers like 4x which means that a rip will take the inverse of that factor * total song length...so a 8 minute tune will take 1/4 the time or 2 minutes.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up