INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: v10 Action Window Sugggestion  (Read 1289 times)

marketability

• World Citizen
  • eat!
v10 Action Window Sugggestion
« on: February 21, 2004, 07:08:27 am »

An idea for an action window option...

I use album thumbnails (grouped) as a default
But to select one track of an album, i need to got to detailed view each time
How about an option in the action window to display the tracks of a selected album with the normal play options (double click, right click menu, etc)

Anyone else thinks its a good idea?

Thanks

jleerigby

Re:v10 Action Window Sugggestion
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 03:58:29 am »

I do think this needs looking at but I don't think the action window is really the place for it.  I'd rather be able to double click the album or something like 'right click> view tracks' which would go to a special view with a nice big thumbnail and the list of tracks alongside it. The back button would then take you back to the normal view.

In the meantime there is a workaround. Edit your view scheme and add a new column with the field [Track # - Name].  This is a calculated field so if you don't see it in the list you can create it via Options> Tree & View> Add using the Calculated field option and a rule of [Track #] - [Name].  With this new view scheme you can select an album in the panes and then see a list of track numbers in the pane to the right.  Unfortunately you do have to select the album in the pane rather than select the thumbnail to see the list of tracks in this way. Hope this helps in the meantime.

marketability

• World Citizen
  • eat!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 03:02:55 pm »

Thanks JLee - I currently use your suggestion

I like your suggestion better than mine  :D

Fingers crossed that the JR boys and gals are feeling generous! ;)

fex

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 04:27:40 pm »

Marketability,

This is one of the (few) points never solved for me. I don't want to count my "changed views" during the last year for this reason...

JLee's suggestions (double click or right click) are not bad.

I'll keep my fingers crossed too...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 04:57:25 pm »

Ctrl-U switches views.

jleerigby

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 05:00:52 pm »

That's worth knowing but it's not quite the same though.  You navigate to an artist and see a list of say 5 album thumbnails you want to see the tracks for just one of them, not all 5.

marketability

• World Citizen
  • eat!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 06:05:13 pm »

The real driver behind my request is better touchscreen usability

tap an album cover
see a list of tracks
select a track - tap twice to add to playing now

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 07:25:16 pm »

The Control-U thing toggles from one of many views, those with large collections find it faster than anything currently available that is menu driven, but not as useful as a dedicated button. I've asked for this many times, but it would be great to have the ability to add these views separately in the toolbar editor, that way the interface can stay squeaky clean for those that like mystery, and for people like me that deal with mystery 89% of the day and are pretty much over it by the time it is time to relax, it would be great to just click and go where you want.

The real driver for me is I change my view many dozens of times daily as I use MC, dedicated buttons would be very welcome, or separate key commands, something, anything...it really is the only thing that bugs me about MC other than the ultimate problem solving detail / thumbnail fantasy...

Maybe Control-Me would be a better key command?
Pages: [1]   Go Up