INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.77 beta available  (Read 2278 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 10.0.77 beta available
« on: February 24, 2004, 05:10:41 pm »

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

Please reserve this thread for obvious bugs.  If you're not sure, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.

Please keep a list of issues you find and report them with each build until we have addressed them.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10077.exe

IMPORTANT -- This build includes a re-worked handheld system.  Only IPOD, WMDM, and Nomad Jukebox players currently work (for Nomads, please install the new plug-in).  Tread lightly if handheld support is important to you.

10.0.77 (2/24/04)

1. Fixed: 3D Picture Cube wasn't changing images with track changes, and was using too low of a texture quality.
2. Fixed: Tag Info window wasn't properly handling views that didn't have any files.
3. Fixed: Loading from the sorting preset menu didn't always work properly.
4. Fixed: Clicking the 'Enter' button in Theater View when no items were visible could crash MC.
5. Changed: MC shows status overlay while starting a movie.
6. Fixed: When data files were dropped onto CD burner, then folder naming choice was changed, files would disappear from burn queue.
7. Fixed: Files dropped onto a CD burner folder would appear in the root directory instead of in the folder where they were dropped.
8. Fixed: Filters did not apply to top level view schemes.
9. Changed: Improved speed for WMDM interface with Portable Devices
10. Changed: When synchronizing generic drive portables, if 'Delete unselected files' is selected, only files in the default directory will be removed.
11. Fixed: Auto rip mode was broken.
12. Fixed: Occasionally, the backup / restore path in Windows Media Manager was empty.
13. Fixed: Windows Media Manager would crash if the backup / restore path was empty.

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
Re:Media Center 10.0.77 beta available
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 06:31:48 pm »

11. Fixed: Auto rip mode was broken.

If this means what I think it does, THANKS!!!

I think that the retrival of album covers is broken or maybe a different source should be considered.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 10:40:17 pm »

I have "auto size columns" option enabled, but the bold lettering for the currently playing track pushes the information outside the visible column space.  I think it's enough to have the currently playing song highlighted with the colored row -- the bold for this particular situation is redundant, and it prevents you from seeing all the information (you get a lot of "...'s" in each column for the currently playing tracks.)

Larry

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 01:16:16 am »

1. Fixed: 3D Picture Cube wasn't changing images with track changes, and was using too low of a texture quality.
I was excited when I saw this as I thought it might fix the same problem in standard visualisations but alas it does not.  Here's an OnEquation for an Image from Vis Studio:  on=if(t<75,1,0);t=(t+1)%800

With this and many other OnEquations except 'Always On' the image often does not get changed when you hit next track.  It would be really good if you could fix this.  I can no longer show cover art in a vis on my plasma monitor because Always On gives me worries about burn in.

mickjp

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 01:54:21 am »

THanks for the fix for autorip.  
I just ripped about 30 discs tonight reading from two cd drives concurrently with no hiccups.  However, I do notice that if I rip a bunch of discs one after the other, then MC only downloads the art work for the first file ripped on each cd drive.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 03:05:42 pm »

lalittle,
I moved your Audible posts here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=19521

I don't think this is a bug.  I don't think it ever worked.

Jim

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 04:25:54 pm »

When adjusting the volume slider over a Mini-skin by using the Mouse wheel, the percentage of volume change varies widely between skins and in some cases volume increases are bigger than volume decreases within the same skin. "Bottom Right" and "Bottom Left" skins are affected most by this with obviously large discrepencies - however most skins I tried have this happening to some degree.
Pages: [1]   Go Up