INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to make MC10 more attractive for MC9 people?  (Read 1640 times)

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
how to make MC10 more attractive for MC9 people?
« on: March 19, 2004, 01:09:40 pm »

Here is something I found in the ipodlounge forum. It was about someone asking if they should upgrade from MJ8 to MC9:

"Try the trial version before buying. You'll see for yourself whether or not MC9 is better then MMJB. It took me all of about 30 minutes to figure that out."

It's true, I had the same feeling, and automatically upgraded. The problem is that the new features of MC10 are not as obvious: the interface is really similar, and most of the (really nice) bug fixes and new features are kind of less evident. Unless the non-disclosed stuff if really flashy, I can't imagine MC9 people jumping to MC10 once it's released.

What do you think?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:how to make MC10 more attractive for MC9 people?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 01:12:40 pm »

There was a poll here on this subject.  81% of people said they had upgraded to MC10 already.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;start=0;threadid=19475;viewResults=1

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 01:30:33 pm »

:o Interesting, I did too.
This is very strange. The way MC is developed should be used as an example for other companies. We (the community) are really active debugging, as much or more than most open source projects. The developers are accessible and care about the product, the bugs are fixed sometimes the same day they are discovered. And 80% of the community bought the beta!

So this means that people don't need to be 'convinced' to upgrade... wow. I only hope that you guys don't take our support for granted and stop working hard and producing creative improvements. There is something very special going on here...

Cheers,
-urlWolf

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 01:34:32 pm »

I'm not sure the poll results are a sufficient answer in and of themselves. The group of users reading the forums and hence responding to the poll, are those most likely to have upgraded already. The poll doesn't tell us anything about the universe of MC users.

jleerigby

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 02:13:00 pm »

This is exactly what I was going to say. BUT, remember it is still beta so JR cannot really go advertising it like crazy.  That day will come soon when it is released, at which point I'm sure they will extoll it's many benefits.

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 03:50:22 pm »

I'm not sure the poll results are a sufficient answer in and of themselves. The group of users reading the forums and hence responding to the poll, are those most likely to have upgraded already. The poll doesn't tell us anything about the universe of MC users.

Yes, you can anticipate the results of the poll by just counting the number of post for MC9 and MC10. THis forum is dominated by MC10 people, for obvious reasons: only the really commited like to post, and those are more likely to try the beta.
Pages: [1]   Go Up