INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.83 beta available  (Read 4429 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.83 beta available
« on: March 03, 2004, 04:51:49 pm »

This is in late beta.  It may still have problems.

Please reserve this thread for bugs.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.

Please keep a list of issues and report them from time to time until we have addressed them.

The latest stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10083.exe

10.0.83 (3/3/04)

1. Fixed: Hitting 'Right' in a list-type Theater View page that showed no files could cause a crash.
2. Changed: A Theater View page with no items now shows a 'Back' item.
3. Changed: Folder template now defaults to None rather than Artist/Album.
4. Changed: If a CD burn process is cancelled, the user is asked if they want to also clear the burn queue.
5. Fixed: Alt+F, Alt+E, etc. didn't work once the menu bar had the focus.
6. Changed: WaveOut playback less likely to "plop" on stop. (still hardware dependent)
7. Changed: In image only playback, pausing and then advancing to the next slide wouldn't maintain the pause state.
8. Fixed: Media Center was incorrectly detecting current position of Windows Media streams.
9. Fixed: After clicking a control bar button in fullscreen, escape wouldn't return to standard view.
10. Changed: Theater View's Playing Now allows selection of list vs. thumbs view.
11. Changed: Moved Theater View's "Display Options" out of Playing Now.
12. Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts would show on Theater View's Display Options items.
13. Fixed: With auto-size columns turned on, clicking back and forth in the panes could cause drawing errors in some cases.
14. Fixed: Ocasionally, Media Center was crashing during start up on Win 98.
15. Changed: Portable drag and drop files will respect order and transfer path.
16. Changed: Portable AW progress will show number of files, size of files to transfer, and avaialable space after transfer.
17. Fixed: Ability to handle mutliple WMDM device uploads.
18. Fixed: Nero CD plugin will no longer crash or enumerate system folders.
19. Fixed: Synching with Portables when tag info changes were made on portables could have corrupted portable databases such as iPod's.
20. Changed: Portable view columns for Status and HH path have been reversed to be more clear.
21. Fixed: In-place editing would be automatically stopped sometimes after making a change.
22. Changed: Media Center will not start minimized unless a shortcut is explicitly set to start it minimized.
23. Changed: Burning large numbers of files now faster.
24. NEW: Column auto-sizing uses a more sophisticated best fit system. (and is much faster than before)

10.0.82 (3/2/04)

1. Changed: Stock View Schemes have "Populate Tree" on by default for new libraries.
2. Fixed: Setting a number fields to a very, very large number could crash MC.
3. Changed: Media Center does a better job of validating integer and decimal database entries.
4. Fixed: Hitting Alt+F4 while a wait message was showing would crash MC.
5. Fixed: A blank "Drive" column was being shown in the list view when ripping a CD.
6. Fixed: MC wasn't checking if a CD was being played if you started ripping from the action window.
7. NEW: Theater View remembers list style on a per-root basis. (Audio, Images, Video, etc.)
8. Fixed: Tune TV (F7) wouldn't always come to the front.
9. Changed: By default, new view schemes use the same image as their parent.
10. Fixed: Media Center would still translate accelerators with modal dialogs visible, making it possible to open multiple instances of dialogs like "Options."
11. Fixed: Some keyboard accelerators would be translated in fullscreen when it didn't make sense. (like Alt+F, Ctrl+Q, etc.)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ZRocker

Re:Media Center 10.0.83 beta available
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 05:16:21 pm »

I appreciate all the portable device fixes!!

Bugs:
1. Deleting tracks from a portable device upload queue does not update the AW window stats...you have to press F5 (Refresh) to see the correct stat info.

2. With my CF-card reader set as drive B:, MC would never recognize it as a portable device (thought it was a normal hard drive)....I had to change the drive letter to C: or higher.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 05:28:03 pm »

What is the Nero CD plugin?

dynamic

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 05:42:59 pm »

"NEW: Column auto-sizing uses a more sophisticated best fit system. (and is much faster than before)"

prefer previous method...i like to see entire titles.  i have a hard time dealing with the song playing now being bold and auto-sizing doesn't correct column size and cuts off some of the title name, album name, etc.

please consider returning to previous system and fixing bolding of current playing song column resizing.

in picture auto-size is on.

To each his own!!!

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 05:51:14 pm »

5. Fixed: Alt+F, Alt+E, etc. didn't work once the menu bar had the focus.

Still doesn't work here (on WinXP Pro w/SP1 and all updates).

Omni

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 05:58:29 pm »

i have a hard time dealing with the song playing now being bold and auto-sizing doesn't correct column size and cuts off some of the title name, album name, etc.

Why?  Honestly, how often are you really looking at MC when it's playing?  Besides, the full title of whatever is playing can be seen at the top of the window in the status bar. ;)

To each his own, I suppose, but I personally prefer the new implementation.  ;D

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 06:19:27 pm »

Theatre View Bug

When viewing images full screen, if you hit the enter key (or in my case the select button of my remote), it automatically dumps you into Standard view. Not great for Theatre view users. This also occurs if you're in full screen view with no media. This is a problem for Theatre view users since it effectively exits them out of Theatre View.

Platu

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 08:09:18 pm »

21. Fixed: In-place editing would be automatically stopped sometimes after making a change.

Thanks.

alias

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 08:14:01 pm »

Single right click while web browsing doesn't work, you have to double right click!

i.e. right-click a hyperlink, etc.

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 08:55:56 pm »

Select some files, update a field in the action window, click on the refresh button before clicking off the files to update...keeeeyrash!

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004, 10:17:59 pm »

I would also prefer to have the option of turning off the automatic bolding of the song currently being played.

Snuffy2

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Got Corn?
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 10:33:35 pm »

Download Manager is taking over even though it has been disabled.
I double & triple checked and 'disable browser integration' is checked, however whenever I select certain file types (only .asx & .asf so far) Download Manager still starts up. It does not start for other file types, but so far my testing has been much less than exhaustive so there may be other file types its interfering with as well.

Media Center Registered 10.0.83 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1284 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 502 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: MATSHITA UJDA745 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Rien van Ham

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2004, 11:09:16 pm »

Hello,

Due to an accidental deletion of many files on my PIOD, I have to complete almost every CD (about 400) on my IPOD. I rip the missing songs, add them (via MC with drag and drop) to a "collection"-folder, then store them in idivendual folders (e.g. CD 101, CD 102 etc.).

Everty time, after completing about 7 CD's) MC crashes. No messagbox, just a doooinnnggg.... and gone!

I have discussed this before in the IPOD-thread.

Rien

jleerigby

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2004, 12:45:52 am »

If you repeatedly press the next button while in full screen vis the cover art does not always update.  In fact with some OnEquations it rarely updates.  Since this has been fixed recently in 3d Vis why no fix for standard vis?  I've been reporting it for months now.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2004, 02:11:13 am »

17. Fixed: Ability to handle mutliple WMDM device uploads.

Does this effect iPods?  More importantly, can multiple iPods be used with MC without any issues?

Larry

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2004, 03:19:04 am »

Hello,
In the latest version of MC (83) when analyzing audio files, the screen in the analyzing box remains blank-only the progress bar appears. The list of files being analyzed doesn't appear!

Also, in version 79, the analyzing percentage went up to 112%!!!

In TV mode the code 30 for Greece, doesn't function. I have to use the Code for Germany to watch Greek channels. Also, the picture quality in TV isn't as good as in PC TV Vision.

George
geoptin

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2004, 03:36:19 am »

When highlighting an iPod, it no longer shows the file list counting up before displaying the contents.  Now, it just sits with an hour glass until it's ready to display.  I much preferred having an actual visual cue rather than just waiting without know that something is happening.

Larry

SteveG

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2004, 07:39:49 am »

Larry,

In regards to multiple iPods, the  WMDM changes will not affect this. I will test multiple iPods when I am back on Friday. The progress you request is an easy change I will add on Friday as well.

ZRocker,

Your changes are also easy and I will add them Friday.

Steve

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2004, 09:00:02 am »

Theatre View Bug

When viewing images full screen, if you hit the enter key (or in my case the select button of my remote), it automatically dumps you into Standard view. Not great for Theatre view users. This also occurs if you're in full screen view with no media. This is a problem for Theatre view users since it effectively exits them out of Theatre View.

Platu

This is by design so you can use enter in a file list of images to start fullscreen playback and to return to the list.  Is it a big deal?

bebop

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2004, 10:54:34 am »

clicking the thumb button on my mouse no longer takes me back to the previous pane here on the forum.  quit program, then tried again and it was working again...hummmm.  So re-entered forum...modified this post, and it wasn't working again..tried clicking on the center of the pane, the edge, and nada.  clicked on the arrow at top of page, went out to tree pane thumb clicked and was back here!  Something strange is going on.....

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2004, 12:37:05 pm »

Theatre View Bug

Platu

This is by design so you can use enter in a file list of images to start fullscreen playback and to return to the list.  Is it a big deal?

I think it's an issue for those who primarily use Theatre View as their interface. Since Theatre view is optimized for 5 button remote control navigation (which we love by the way), pressing the center select button is such a common occurence that everyone will eventually get dumped out of Theatre view at some point. It happened to my wife twice last night. Forget about guests. Alternate methods of exiting Theatre view are not as easily stumbled upon by accident (escape, F11) since  I have those programmed into less obvious keys on the remote. It's my opinion that there should actually be a way to lock down Theatre view (allowing Full Screen toggle) so as prevent leaving this view without entering a password. But I think that's already been requested in Lee's thread of Theatre view requests. Theatre View is the only interface I would like to present to my family and guests. Once dumped into standard mode, well, who knows what they'll do there. While I myself am quite the power user (I'm a software developer), I actually prefer to do all of my listening/viewing using Theatre View on the big screen from the comfort of my sofa (life is great).

Platu

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2004, 12:40:25 pm »

Select some files, update a field in the action window, click on the refresh button before clicking off the files to update...keeeeyrash!

Could you start another thread and give a step-by-step?  I can't reproduce it.

Thanks Quisp.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2004, 12:46:56 pm »

Platu, we can't stand the idea of upsetting your wife :P  It'll be changed next build.

LonWar

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2004, 01:05:10 pm »

Platu, we can't stand the idea of upsetting your wife :P  It'll be changed next build.

My wife wants voice command... Since you don't want to upset wives....
 ;D
-

blackimp

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2004, 02:04:35 pm »

Tag 'track numbers' default to '0'. Personally, if I don't have complete albums, i don't want a track number associated with the file. The files already in my library that have no track numbers are fine, importing tracks from folders, not ripping, this behavior is noticed since 10.0.82. Is this now the default?

Media Center Registered 10.0.83 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1921 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 754 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: LITE-ON LTR-52327S        Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: LITE-ON  LTR-52327S         Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2004, 02:54:27 pm »

When Media Center is open I cannot look at another window by clicking on the program in my task bar.  I need to minimize Media Center, then I can use the other programs.  
Another problem, probably not related to this build, but on one computer I have media center loaded (yes, this version also) I see no smartlists.  My tree, under Playlists, doesn't have Smartlists listed.   How do I get this to show?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2004, 03:26:23 pm »

Still getting "specified stream not recognized" error when trying to play WMA radio stations.  These are stations that had definitely worked with an earlier MC build -- I had actually bookmarked them.

Larry

SteveG

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2004, 03:55:33 pm »

gpvillamil,

The Nero CD plugin is not ours, it is another company's application which did not work well with ours.

Steve

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2004, 04:38:32 pm »

not a huge issue but i thought id mention it:

i use mc on my laptop./ im often hot swapping the cd bar for an extra battery, if i do this MC often doesnt recognize the cd drive even though other programs do. if i reboot then alls fine.

its a little frustrating - but im sure very low priority for you guys (thats fine)
Pages: [1]   Go Up